The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Montreal @ Toronto | Mar. 29, 2008 | Final: 4-2 Toronto

Scott92

Guest .scott.

Date: March 29, 2008.

Puck Drops: 7:00PM ET

U159-1206663440.gif AT U159-1206760563.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Records:

Montreal Canadiens - [GP 78 - W 44 - L 24- OTL 10 - POINTS 98]

Toronto Maple Leafs - [GP 78 - W 35- L 33 - OTL 10 - POINTS 80]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puck Drops: 7:00PM ET

Air_Canada_Centre_logo.gif

Projected Goalies

Montreal Canadiens - Carey Price

9ed03b4d5d16fce0b56384b45dd30bcb-getty-76074199eg009_montreal_cana.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs - Vesa Toskala

71d977242dc8c3410ac0b9f8f6851d57-getty-76073708ds009_sabres_leafs.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more info on both teams follow these links.

Montreal Canadiens

Toronto Maple Leafs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO HABS GO!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Point Leaders:

Montreal Canadiens

Alex Kovalev [GP 77 - G 33 - A 46 - P 79]

Tomas Plekanec [GP 76 - G 27 - A 39 - P 66]

Andrei Markov [GP 77 - G 16 - A 41 - P 57]

Toronto Maple Leafs

Mats Sundin [GP 73 - G 32 - A 46 - P 78]

Nik Antropov [GP 71 - G 26 - A 27 - P 53]

Tomas Kaberle [GP 78 - G 7 - A 45 - P 52]

This game can be watched on:

Réseau des sports

U159-1206761065.gif

CBC: Hockey Night in Canada

U159-1206760952.jpg

Guest .scott.

Alright, could a MOD edit the post with this picture then:

[img=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w19/berkovich92/NHL/Montreal%20Canadiens/Halak/Halak5.jpg]

Thanks.

Guest Onzeee
Yvon Pedneault said tonight on RDS that Halak was going to start that game.

Guy pretty much said it earlier in the week that it would be Jaro on saturday, and after tonight Care deserves the night off

Guest jennifer_rocket

Halak, hmm? :mellow:

I would rather Price tonight, I think. The division is on the line and Price deserves first crack at winning it. With that said, good luck to Jaroslav. The Leafs usually come to play against us.

Perhaps we will also see Dandenault tonight?

Guest Me_Habs_Fan

They won't be giving any games away. Their next four games are against the Habs, Sabres,

Senators and Habs again. The Habs will be the first team they've faced since their loss in Boston.

The guys got to come out like they did against Ottawa. Nothing less will do in this game. Its going

to take a team effort to get the Win. Halak is good and I hope he has a great game. Go Habs!

Guest fansince1975
Must play 60 minutes tonight!

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Or 3 minutes like last night. Just need to win. First in the division is a big advantage. First in the conference would be nice. Probably not a big advantage as 7th and 8th place teams are similar quality. But 1st in NW division would be really nice.

I don't any link to Halak getting the start tonight. Does anyone have the link?

Either way. Both goalies are very good and Halak does seem to play really good without many games played. 6-1 victory for Montreal. Some wings would be nice tonight!

Guest feistyboy27

Halak starting the game is a good idea. He is probably fresher for the game. Giving Price a bit of a breather right now is a good thing. Anyway it is a very a terrible team, it is not like you need your starting goaltender to beat the Laffs.

Guest Greek Hab

HA! See, I told all of you last night that Halak was starting. Pat Hickey(woot). Don't be suprised if Brisebois and Dandy are in the lineup either.

ALSO, I'm going to say the Raysoft is in net for the loafs.

Guest fansince1975
HA! See, I told all of you last night that Halak was starting. Pat Hickey(woot). Don't be suprised if Brisebois and Dandy are in the lineup either.

ALSO, I'm going to say the Raysoft is in net for the loafs.

Won't it make more sense to use the B lineup after the Ottawa game on Tuesday?

At this second Montreal is not guaranteed first in our division let alone the 1st in the East.

What message does it send to the players and fans if a game that Montreal should win easily is put into jeopardy by playing the backup goalie and two press box players?

I am okay with Halak getting the start but until Montreal clinches the division, not that worried about conference we should put out the best lineup possible. It is bad enough that Montreal is without Komi.

It would be really nice if Montreal won tonight 6-1 and ran the Laffs out of their own rink!

The Leafs have been playing better hockey lately (6-4-0 in their last 10) so here's hoping that we don't take them lightly...

The good news though is that we should be well rested for this game as we only played 5 minutes in last night's game!

Guest .habsolutly25

DAMN!!

Saku Koivu and Mark Streit won't play Saturday against the Maple Leafs. Koivu blocked a shot on his first shift but finished the game against the Sabres on Friday. Streit suffered what appreared to be an ankle injury on the same shift. Head coach Guy Carbonneau says both will have x-rays this weekend. Mathieu Dandenault and Patrice Brisebois will suit up in place for Montreal.

The Canadiens did not skate on Saturday morning. - TSN

Jaroslav Halak will get the start against the Maple Leafs on Saturday. - RDS

Defenceman Mike Komisarek is suffering from a hip injury. - Journal de Montreal

Guest concreteveins
Hi guys,

Cyberpresse is reporting that Koivu and Streit will not play tonight because of minor injuries they got last night blocking shots....

Quite right...TSN ice chips said both will have x-rays later and that Dandy and Bresbois will replace them.

I guess the lines are:

Kosty - Pleks - Kovy

Higgins - Grabs - Smoke

S. Kosty - Laps - Ryder

Begin - Kostopolous - Dandy

Markov - Gorges

Hammer - BouBou

Bresbois - O'Bryne

Maybe well see the two brother on a line together tonight for awhile...a good time to experiment.

Guest Stanley25
Hi guys,

Cyberpresse is reporting that Koivu and Streit will not play tonight because of minor injuries they got last night blocking shots....

Having those guys out of the line up will hurt. I'm confident with Halak simply because he is an exceptional goalie. We can't be relying on luck tonite - must crank up the intensity several notches to win, esp with Koivu and Streit out.

Guest kostitsynvision74
Hi guys,

darn!!!!!!!who's going to be at our point?and koivu ussualy has a good game against the laffffffs

Guest kostitsynvision74
darn!!!!!!!who's going to be at our point?and koivu ussualy has a good game against the laffffffs

i want sergei kostitsyn to play the point with markov

Archived