Sv%: .907

TV INFO:

Local Home: RDS [HD] (:)!)

Local Away: MSG [Ew!]

canadiens_big.jpg

GO HABS GO!

hhrw7.png

Guest kostitsynvision74

the sabers are not going to be easy to play!the season for them is hanging in this game they lose and there out!!!

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking
I want them to play smart...no more injuries! but don't get into bad habits trying to play safe.

I think D'agostini and Stewart were just called up so our better players DON'T get injured and worn out ;)

Halak will probably start the next game..

Guest Onzeee

got to try and stay discipline in the last 2 games, if your killing penalties you are in a more dangerous situation when it comes to injury's like kovalev said earlier in the week.

we still have a shot at 1st in the conference and we need to go after it, the pens won tonight putting them 2 ahead of us with 1 game to play so we will need to win our last 2

Guest fansince1975

Buffalo has a slim chance to make the playoffs. Very slim chance. Ottawa, Flyers, Bruins, Sabres, Carolina, and Washington fighting to for 6th/7th/8th and one spot for 3rd in the East. Rangers have two easy games (NYI) and should therefore make the playoffs with 95+ points.

Could be interesting lineup for Montreal. Although odds are that only two players will get the night off besides the injuried Komi, Bouillon, and Koivu who will be out for at least until Sat.

Guest jefflee
the sabers are not going to be easy to play!the season for them is hanging in this game they lose and there out!!!
just wanted to stop in and say hello to fellow hab fans. :D this should be a good game tonight, i do not have center ice so i will have to settle for nhl radio. I think the habs will go far into the playoffs ( to bad the ice pilots ) could not even grab the last spot. ( the pensacola ice pilots ) echl team we have here. first post here , hope i get to travel up there soon. take care jeff.

I'll be at this 'pre-season' game tonight, any message you want me to bring? ;)

I hope they win it, not because I care about the 1st place but because they need the win to prepare properly for the start of the season next week. The key players all want to play to stay 'in the game' and Carbo will let them have their way unless the score is really one sided.

I also wish the Laffs to beat the Sens **evil laugh**

Guest habfanforlife_85
I also wish the Laffs to beat the Sens **evil laugh**

I hope the Sens win tonight. that would almost guarantee we will play one of Boston/Philly/Washington.

Habs will take this one 3-1.

Guest habs fan #1
I hope the Sens win tonight. that would almost guarantee we will play one of Boston/Philly/Washington.

Habs will take this one 3-1.

6-1 with somebody uexpectedly getting a Hatter

Guest captainjack22

I still say we should just be happy with 2nd and let our main plyers rest and recouperate, we dont need any more injuries, call up the dogs let them play, I mean we have 2nd no matter what

Im tellin ya when Hamrlik went down behind the net against the sens and could get up I thought he wasd done, it looked serious, then georges got run behind the net, It could have been alot worse if he wasnt such a warrior, take 2nd and be happy with it, let the players rest, ya never know could still pull it out with not everybody in the line up.

Atleast rest Price, if something happens to him, we're in big, big trouble

Go Habs GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Hurock

Let's go Habs!!! They have to score at least 5 goals in the next 2 games to be sure to have the 1st rank in the East. Right now, they have a differential of 36 between Goals For and Goals Against and Pittsburgh as one of 33.

Guest 77Bourque77

hope dags and stewart are in, would be nice to see some of other guys rest.

my lines would be...

A.Kosty-Pleks-Higgs

dags- sergei-grabs/ryder

lats-laps-kosto

dandy-smokes-begin

leave the d the same and rest kovy....give the C to....markov and the the other A to either smokes or pleks

Guest habs fan #1
Let's go Habs!!! They have to score at least 5 goals in the next 2 games to be sure to have the 1st rank in the East. Right now, they have a differential of 36 between Goals For and Goals Against and Pittsburgh as one of 33.

Pittsburgh would have to lose at least one point in their last game because if they are tied at 104 points each they go by most games won and pittsburgh would have 48 wins and the Habs 47 wins so if Pittsburgh wins next game they clinch Top Spot.

Guest Stanley25
just wanted to stop in and say hello to fellow hab fans. :D this should be a good game tonight, i do not have center ice so i will have to settle for nhl radio. I think the habs will go far into the playoffs ( to bad the ice pilots ) could not even grab the last spot. ( the pensacola ice pilots ) echl team we have here. first post here , hope i get to travel up there soon. take care jeff.

Welcome! Pensacola, eh? Home of 1 of the greatest ever boxers, Roy Jones Jr. Funny name for a hockey team ya got there - 'Ice Pilots' LOL. Hopefully they'll be better next year. Cheers to the amazing '07/'08 Habs, "May they conquer all".

Guest 1stroundpick

Well its hard to get a favor this year isnt it? Philly couldnt get it done when they needed to last night . Biron was awefull in nets. Im sorry but any goalie in any league please take note: When shorthanded try and stay in your crease . Biron did the mistake and pow! he looked so foolish on Crosby's PP goal.

when the frekin penalty is over you can go back to challenging the shooter.

Anyways I sorta wished we knew the outcome of Pens next game. I think habs shouldnt push it and go all out for 1st in Conf . Lets Pens have it if they want. Pens might make it out of 1st round but I hope they face Philly or Washington and we get Boston. Philly is going to make the Pens sore for 2nd round! and well Crosby,Malkin and Over-chkin will be quite the series. Only team I dont want to face in the 1st round is the Rangers.

Guest WindsorHab#10

One impressive stat that gets overlooked is our penalty killing. We've improved from 25th or so to 16th which is huge going into the playoffs.

Guest Innis_Mor
One impressive stat that gets overlooked is our penalty killing. We've improved from 25th or so to 16th which is huge going into the playoffs.
Reading the National Post ...

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=419660

I was remarking this in the Toronto game thread on Saturday. Team was getting lots of good practice at PK, and doing really well with it(improves confidence). Just in time for play-offs!!

Now, if Habs can just somehow address the face-offs "problem". :unsure:

Guest Innis_Mor

Go Higgy!! I hope he gets a point tonight!! He'll then have 50!!

The Habs will thus have 7 players with 50+ in points -- the only team that will accomplish it this season.

For the last serveral seasons now (4+?), any team that has garnered at least 7 players with 50+ points has been rewarded with either the President's Trophy or the Stanley Cup. Habs aren't getting the President's Trophy; that just leaves ....... ____________ !! (fill in the blank!!)

Gotta like that depth!!

GO HABS GO !!

Guest Stanley25
Go Higgy!! I hope he gets a point tonight!! He'll then have 50!!

The Habs will thus have 7 players with 50+ in points -- the only team that will accomplish it this season.

For the last serveral seasons now (4+?), any team that has garnered at least 7 players with 50+ points has been rewarded with either the President's Trophy or the Stanley Cup. Habs aren't getting the President's Trophy; that just leaves ....... ____________ !! (fill in the blank!!)

Gotta like that depth!!

GO HABS GO !!

So true. History has shown that a balanced attack is essential 4 a team to go deep in the playoffs. In this regard, I think the Habs r better than most teams in the league. Another biggy is goal, where the team is very solid. You gotta like how Price has played since the trade deadline - great numbers and hugely competitive.

I'd love to see Higgy get a few more points in the next 2 games. Hopefully he finds the zone and converts more of his chances as the playoffs get underway. The team is looking good right now and they realize the level of play must be elevated for the post season. The opportunity is there 4 them.

Guest moe181

ooooo I like that way of thinking :D

I also want pleks to get just 2 more points and reach 70, we're playing the Sabres after all so who knows.

Go Habs Go!

Guest 77Bourque77

A bad leg – an injury not specifically defined by the Canadiens – will keep Michael Ryder out of tonight's game vs. the Buffalo Sabres, as will the flu bug that's keeping Mikhail Grabovski down. Ryder is getting tests today, according to head coach Guy Carbonneau. Hamilton callup Matt D'Agostini is in for Ryder.

The six roster players not playing tonight, then, are Mike Komisarek, who was on the ice with his teammates this morning; as well as Saku Koivu; Francis Bouillon, who skated part of the morning session and hopes to be back on Saturday; Hamilton Bulldogs callup Greg Stewart; Grabovski; and Ryder.

source-http://www.habsinsideout.com/

real excited to see dags in the line up, so if he is taking ryders spot, it will be dags-sergei-higgins. should be a good line considering that sergei and dags played in hamilton together.

Archived