The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trevor Linden

Guest Iceman1509

Guest Iceman1509

It seems like this will be his last game on Saturday. I have followed his career since he was drafted and I have tons of respect for the Man. The NHL will be losing a great ambassador and it is a shame the way his final season went. If there was ever anybody who deserved a cup, it is him.

Congrats Trevor on 20 great years in the league.

It seems like this will be his last game on Saturday. I have followed his career since he was drafted and I have tons of respect for the Man. The NHL will be losing a great ambassador and it is a shame the way his final season went. If there was ever anybody who deserved a cup, it is him.

A true class act. His number will certainly be retired in Vancouver.

Guest Rocky_D

A class act indeed. I've also followed him through is career.

However, I think he still could go for another year. He has unfinished business. It's VERY doubtful though. It's not like his coach wants him anyway, after being scratched 23 times this season.

Guest Iceman1509
A class act indeed. I've also followed him through is career.

However, I think he still could go for another year. He has unfinished business. It's VERY doubtful though. It's not like his coach wants him anyway, after being scratched 23 times this season.

Hell, I'll take him. Great character guy.

Guest 1970 Habs

After Twenty years I wonder what his Player's pension will be like.

Guest DVRichard

At the start of the third period tonight the Vancouver fans gave Trevor a standing O. All players on BOTH teams joined the fans in honoring Linden. Class from both organizations.

He deserves all the respect and recognition that he received!

Guest DVRichard
At the start of the third period tonight the Vancouver fans gave Trevor a standing O. All players on BOTH teams joined the fans in honoring Linden. Class from both organizations.

He deserves all the respect and recognition that he received!

Now, at the end of the game, all of the Calgary Flames, led by Iginla, waited for Trevor to be congratulated by his teammates, then they lined up to shake hands/hug, whatever with him. More CLASS from the Flames. Very nice to see.

Guest RadioGaGa

I think there is little question that he is retiring. CBC had a camera on him while he was signing the jersey for the "Shirts Off Our Backs" winner. Trevor put the date on it as well. As if we needed another sign that this was it.

Class act all the way.

There's no doubt in my mind that #16 will be hanging in the rafters at GM Place soon. Thanks for the good times Trevor! Here's hoping that the Canucks offer him a job in the organization.

Guest Numerodooze

Indeed a class act all the way. He's the kind of veteran that can help mold young talent into responsible professionals.

Kudos to him and a great career. I think he'll still play next year though.

Guest Dintrox12

Mr. Linden has always been a class act. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a job with NHLPA because he has been very active in this regard.. Trevor was the only Canuck besides Luongo that showed any passion in their last few games of the season.

• 2 months later...

Sad day in Canuck-ville. :( Gonna miss him. Even though he spent time with the NY Islanders, Montreal, and Washington, he will forever be a Canuck :) Such a classy guy and will be sorely missed by a lot of Canuck fans.

Now its a question of when the Canucks will retire his jersey; probably won't do it the first game of the season out of respect for whatever the Canucks do for Bourdon.

Archived