The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How Far Will The Habs Go In The Playoffs?

jl-1

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many playoffs' rounds will we win this year?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • They'll bring home the Stanley Cup!

Guest Totti

What the h/#l is going on?! Montreal is going to loose this series. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I get so mad. KOVALEV STEP UP ! Been great all year and now you play like you did last year. Can someone plaese tell me what the h)#L happend to this team. Don+t they want it anymore?

Can someone plaese tell me what the h)#L happend to this team. Don+t they want it anymore?

I 'm guessing the Bruins are playing exxtremly physical and the Habs don't want to go in the corners and fight for the puck 'cause they know they will get hammered every time

And Price has started to look ' normal "

Guest pete#20

if the habs keep playing like they did tonite...monday will be their LAST game of the season...they should of won the series in 5 @ the most...that offside goal is what killed us.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Guest 1970 Habs
if the habs keep playing like they did tonite...monday will be their LAST game of the season...they should of won the series in 5 @ the most...that offside goal is what killed us.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Really??????????

Maybe if they matched the guts, determination and motivation of Boston they would have wrapped the series up by now.

Boston deserves to win the series but hopefully Montreal will squeak out that 4th win to take it in game 7.

Guest Onzeee

these guys dont work they dont sacrifice, thats what it takes in the stanley cup playoffs and we have alot of young kids who are regular season players.

another long off season

Guest 1970 Habs
these guys dont work they dont sacrifice, thats what it takes in the stanley cup playoffs and we have alot of young kids who are regular season players.

another long off season

I think you are also forgetting the veterans too.

Guest rob2h

I see that Montreal is by far the more talented team out there but Boston is beating the ____ out of them with guts,hard work and determination and if they win I have to give them credit for a job well done.I don't see a desperate game by Montreal at all,they really look as if they have a lot more to give out there and I know if they are willing to work as hard as Boston is they will beat Boston Monday night.That is what my prediction is for Monday that the habs finally put in a 60 minutes guts for glory game and win the series.I love this situation,this is where champions are born.

Yes, I'm quoting myself, but I want to address the poins I had made back on April 6th...

I'm not much into games, so this thread is to discuss your predictions on how far we will go with the team that we have.

I've stated it in a few occasions so far this year, this team is not without reminding me of the Ottawa Senators of a few years ago when they turned the corner and became a very respectable franchise. We have speed, we have youth, and the future is very bright. What we have that the Sens didn't have (and still don't to this day) is solid goaltending in Price and Halak.

Here's what I like about this team for the playoffs:

• we have tons of speed

Where is that speed? Why can't we force the Bruins into taking penalties using our speed in the offensive zone?

• we have 7 players with 50 points or more

Off those, Kovalev has 4 points (-3), Plekanec 3 points (-2), Higgins 2 points (+3), A.Kostitsyn 2 points (-4), Markov 1 point (-1), Streit 1 point (0) and Koivu played his first game with 2 points (+1).

• we have 7 players with 15 goals or more, 4 of those have more than 25 goals

See above...

• we have the number one PP in the league

Maybe we should have the option of refusing penalties, as we seem to be more threatning at 5 on 5 with Smolinski's line or Lapierre's line on the ice...

What could be our downfall:
  • we don't have much playoffs' experience

Nothing we can change about this. The young guys need to gain that precious experience and the only way to do so is to play, to experience it first hand. My wish is that we can beat the Bruins to gain one more series' worth.

• I have concerns about our grit

Aside from game one, when we came out hitting everything in sight, even injuring Chara, it's been our biggest downfall in this series.

• like the old Sens, we have many Europeans and far from wanting to be racist, it has shown in playoffs' runs in the past that they sometimes find it very difficult comes playoffs

Our best line in this series has been Smolinski, Begin and Kostopoulos. 'Nuff said.

• although our faceoffs' % has improved a bit, it still remains a low point and it can prove crucial in the playoffs

49.7% in the first 6 games, about the same as the season. Wouldn't have Fedorov or Peca helped a bit for the playoffs?

• our PK with Begin is not the same as without him. Overall this season, it's been pretty bad

87.5% in the first 6 games, an improvement over the season.

And the X-Factors:
  • youth in general, meaning more energy in the young legs than in the old ones

Aside from Price in a few games and S.Kostitsyn, it's worked against us (inexperience)

• a few of our players experienced the Calder Cup run last year in the AHL

This hasn't shown so far.

• Ryder looking to salvage an off season

Very disappointing, a none factor.

• Carey Price

Okay, not great, not the deciding factor in this series one way or another.

I think that we should be able to get out of the first round, but that's it for this year. If that's the case, it will be a very successful season, providing our young guys with the much needed playoffs' experience to move forward in years to come.

What's your take?

We haven't folded all year. We've always shown some resiliency and I still believe that we will get passed the Bruins and win game 7 on home ice. Afterall, that's the reason why we wanted to get the conference, to get home ice advantage. I'm expecting the fans to out-do themselves, to be a huge lift for a team that's been down the last few games.

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest Jan149

]well im not sure how far the Habs will go but im sure they will fight harder in game 7. i won't give up as we are all die hard Habs Fans we all have to have faith i know with our captain koivu back he is the heart of the team and he will get them back on track i say GO HABS GO !!!! :D

Guest Hattrick

I am more a realist... so if the Habs can shake Boston, I do believe they will go to the finals, but I also believe SanJose will be there as well, and that's going to be one tough customer....

So I say they will make it to the finals (if they win of course on Monday) but if they face San Jose, I am just not sure.

But I sure would be happy though, even with that effort.

If the can't get by Boston though.... not very happy.

Guest privateserver
I am more a realist... so if the Habs can shake Boston, I do believe they will go to the finals, but I also believe SanJose will be there as well, and that's going to be one tough customer....

So I say they will make it to the finals (if they win of course on Monday) but if they face San Jose, I am just not sure.

But I sure would be happy though, even with that effort.

If the can't get by Boston though.... not very happy.

If we won we will go far if we loose were more pathetic then the leafs.

Thats my opinion

Guest KOIVU#11

At the beginning of the playoffs I would have said 2nd round max. Just because I thought this melt down would happen in the 2nd round not the first. Now i cannot see them getting past the first round, they've came out flat in this series and will come out flat again tomorrow.

Guest KOIVU#11
Yes, I'm quoting myself, but I want to address the poins I had made back on April 6th...

We haven't folded all year. We've always shown some resiliency and I still believe that we will get passed the Bruins and win game 7 on home ice. Afterall, that's the reason why we wanted to get the conference, to get home ice advantage. I'm expecting the fans to out-do themselves, to be a huge lift for a team that's been down the last few games.

GO HABS GO!!!

I don't think i've ever seen someone with the exact thoughts I had in that post you quoted yourself on.

Archived