The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Fans Around The League

Guest King-Carey-31

I have noticed that while i watch NHL games, i find myself listening for a good crowd chant, and so far the loudest is Obviously Montréal! but the most despicable display of hockey watching, has to come from a little town that likes to call themselves hockeytown! In Habland, when we score....you can't hear the goal horn over the crowd, but in Detroit, you can't hear the crowd over the coaches or small noises, no chants, no cheering, it pains my heart to see a city like this with such a great team and history, to destroy a legacy with pathetic attempts at cheering......not to mention the building is half empty, for the last game of the season.....against a division rival! WTH!

Guest Iceman1509

There is no happiness in Detroit these days. It goes alot deeper than hockey. Tons of people are being laid off so not too many people are buying tickets to games.

Guest mtl1010
but you can't say that, imo, because Pistons games are constantly sold out.

Good point. Just like Toronto, Raptors games are usually sold out and so are Leafs games. Maybe it's because the Pistons have had more success in recent years than the Raptors and people there just like Basketball more in Detroit.

Guest LarryRobinson
but in Detroit, you can't hear the crowd over the coaches or small noises, no chants, no cheering, it pains my heart to see a city like this with such a great team and history, to destroy a legacy with pathetic attempts at cheering......not to mention the building is half empty, for the last game of the season.....against a division rival! WTH!

Devils games are outright depressing to be at. Given the team's style helps put the entire arena to sleep, but nonetheless barring the thousand or so serious devils fans and season ticket holders who scream and get into it, imagine a half-filled arena with people talking about the Yankees, getting their 3 kids ice cream, and generally not caring at all about the game, and you have a Devil's home game.

Similar at the Islanders, but toss in an ancient corroding arena. MSG is great for hockey, and Rangers fans actually care. Definitely the best place to see a game down here.

Guest King-Carey-31

Best arena's i have been to:

Buffalo

Toronto (before no one seemed to care)

Ottawa

any local arena with a Jr. B team.....local fans are insane.

Worst:

Detroit

Toronto now

Ottawa Civic Center (terrrrrrrrible)

Guest lfrommtl
Best arena's i have been to:

Ottawa

theyre fans are terrrrrrrrrrriiiiblleee.

they sat through both games i went to see there. one of them when they destroyed the habs and one where alfie scored a shortie, they sat and tapped their fingers.

Guest kx250

Remember the Red Mile during the flames fluke run. The street was a mess, fans defecating and urinating all over the place. Then there where the unclassy women who exposed themselves for any camera. HHHMMMM yea it was embarrasing to live in Calgary for a few weeks.

Guest King-Carey-31
theyre fans are terrrrrrrrrrriiiiblleee.

they sat through both games i went to see there. one of them when they destroyed the habs and one where alfie scored a shortie, they sat and tapped their fingers.

I went in 2003-4 and it was very loud.....FROM THE HABS FANS OLE OLE OLE OLE.....OLEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEe

Guest jefflee
I went in 2003-4 and it was very loud.....FROM THE HABS FANS OLE OLE OLE OLE.....OLEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEe
last year i went to a thrashers home game vs. the bruins, and the place was packed !! when the thrashers scored, you could not hear you're self scream because it was so loud. and w/ the thrashers head shooting flames out of it's mouth, you could feel the heat. the final count that night was 18,600 if i remember right.

Guest habs_fan1160
Devils games are outright depressing to be at. Given the team's style helps put the entire arena to sleep.

I've never been however, on TV, it looks pretty dead and depressing.

Also, Chicago, as of late has had really crappy fans. I was watching a Chicago/Habs game, last season? Maybe this season and it seemed like there were 100 people there and the music came on between faceoffs and they were playing "One is the loneliest number that you've ever known."

So not only is their style of play boring, but their fan base is definately lacking and the guy who plays their music is depressing too - they're hopeless lol.

Guest FlHabsFan
Then there where the unclassy women who exposed themselves for any camera.

Note to self. Plan next vacation to Calgary :P:lol:

Tampa fans really get excited. But when the Habs come to town, its like a home game for Montreal. The ole's are louder then the bolt fans.

Guest AvroArrow

Something about San Jose booing the Canadian anthem didn't sit right with me. I thought it showed a HUGE lack of class. Our fans are guilty of it too. The worst thing I ever saw happen at the Bell Centre was when some jacka$$ in the stands threw a banana at Steve Weeks because he's black. Ugh, I was so ashamed to be a habs fan that day.

Guest Pirke
Something about San Jose booing the Canadian anthem didn't sit right with me. I thought it showed a HUGE lack of class. Our fans are guilty of it too. The worst thing I ever saw happen at the Bell Centre was when some jacka$$ in the stands threw a banana at Steve Weeks because he's black. Ugh, I was so ashamed to be a habs fan that day.

LOLLL!!!!! someone did that here!?!!!??? omg...

Honestly, I'm all for doing bad stuff to opposing players, but that is awful...

I'm a big soccer fan, and when I watch a game of the Spanish league, I turn the TV off when I hear the fans doing monkey noises when a black player touches the ball...

It's stupid.

Guest King-Carey-31
are you comparing basketball to hockey in an American city?

somewhat...i was more or less refuting the fact that no one has any money in detroit.

Guest halifax_habs
I've never been however, on TV, it looks pretty dead and depressing.

Also, Chicago, as of late has had really crappy fans. I was watching a Chicago/Habs game, last season? Maybe this season and it seemed like there were 100 people there and the music came on between faceoffs and they were playing "One is the loneliest number that you've ever known."

So not only is their style of play boring, but their fan base is definately lacking and the guy who plays their music is depressing too - they're hopeless lol.

I actually feel awful for Chicago fans. Their owner seemed to do everything possible to destroy that team over the past decades. He alienated greats like Bobby Hull and wouldn't broadcast any Chicago games. The fans actually booed during a moment of silence following his death a couple of months ago. :blink: Totally unclassy of the fans but it showed how much he was disliked.

With Kane, Toews and co., and better ownership, I'm excited to see Chicago rebuild itself into a hockey city. They've sold out a number of games late this year which is encouraging.

Archived