• Montreal in 5
    • Montreal in 6
    • Montreal in 7
    • Boston in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

Guest Larry Robinson

I said at the start the Habs would take it in 5 games,well Boston got their game tonight after all the whining and complaining it still took overtime and a delayed penalty,I guess the refs felt that after seen a grown man in Claude Julien almost to tears from whining this past day I surprised he could still talk from all the complaining he was doing.The Habs didn't play a real good game it was better than game # 2 but the powerplay was extinct,what did everyone forget how to shoot the puck.They showed sporatic signs of team speed and there was not much signs of consistency or urgency in their game.I know Boston had some part in it but The Kovalev line is pretty dead.I think we need Saku back to take some pressure off the Kovalev line.We will hopefully see a faster team come Tuesday night.GO HABS! :D

Guest Rygar
I said at the start the Habs would take it in 5 games,well Boston got their game tonight after all the whining and complaining it still took overtime and a delayed penalty,I guess the refs felt that after seen a grown man in Claude Julien almost to tears from whining this past day I surprised he could still talk from all the complaining he was doing.The Habs didn't play a real good game it was better than game # 2 but the powerplay was extinct,what did everyone forget how to shoot the puck.They showed sporatic signs of team speed and there was not much signs of consistency or urgency in their game.I know Boston had some part in it but The Kovalev line is pretty dead.I think we need Saku back to take some pressure off the Kovalev line.We will hopefully see a faster team come Tuesday night.GO HABS! :D

Agreed.

The team of the last two games doesn't look much like the team that finished first in the East.

Very stressful.

Also our defense won't go into the corners to get the puck, they're all looking behind them and waiting for the Bruins forwards to go in first....

Guest d80jcrant

I think the Habs have to pick it up just a bit to give Price some goal support. Not that a OT loss matters much since that one point is nothing, LOL. But check out Price's numbers inhis first three playoff games.

2-0-1

1.67 GAA

.943 Save Percentage

I think he will only get better as the post season goes on. Now lets get Ryder, Kovalev and Higgins going. Nothing against Tom Kostopoulos but he is leading the Habs in scoring

................ Now lets get Ryder, Kovalev and Higgins going. Nothing against Tom Kostopoulos but he is leading the Habs in scoring

That's generaslly what happens during the Playoffs

Teams try to shutdown the other's teams top line which means the 3rd and 4th liners step up but I agree # 27, # 14 etc have to find a way to score .

That's generaslly what happens during the Playoffs

Teams try to shutdown the other's teams top line which means the 3rd and 4th liners step up but I agree # 27, # 14 etc have to find a way to score .

The 4th line combined have the same amount of points as all the other lines combined :blink:

The 2nd line has 2 points and both of those have come from Sergei.

Our goal tendind is fine so far. Biggest concern I have is getting the PP back in working order.

Guest jennifer_rocket
The 4th line combined have the same amount of points as all the other lines combined :blink:

Our goal tendind is fine so far. Biggest concern I have is getting the PP back in working order.

You said it.

Begin, Smolinski, and Kostopulos have been our stars! There's something wrong with that. <_<

The PP has to get going. Price is keeping the game close, but the PP has to start clicking. We look slow out there with the man-advantage. We can't even make a proper pass.

Guest hablover

yep....we aren't playing a balanced game....

We need Koivu back...it'll help the PP, the 2nd line and it will also help us in the faceoff department so we can control the game right off the faceoff...

Guest 1970 Habs

Eastern Conference: Boston shuts down Montreal to win Game 3

Why the Bruins won: The club's physical leader, Milan Lucic, had an outstanding night. It was his goal 6:30 into the first period that gave the Bruins their first lead of the series. He also was a physical presence, throwing six hits in what probably was his best game as a professional on both ends of the ice. After struggling mightily over the last three months, Marc Savard made an appearance, scoring the game-winner in overtime. Notably absent was Bruin-killer Alex Kovalev, who was limited to just one shot in 23:10 of ice time.

Why the Canadiens lost: Bodies flew up and down the ice as Montreal was successful in matching Boston's physical play hit for hit. But over-agressiveness can occasionally lead to mistakes, something Guillaume Latendresse found out after a three-minute scrap at the end of the first period. In the third period, it was Andrei Kostitsyn who got caught after some extracurricular activity with Jeremy Reich. In overtime, it was a Bryan Smolinski slash that opened the door for the six-on-five opportunity advantage that set up Savard's game-winner.

Key play of the game: If the Bruins could have hand-picked a guy to notch the game-winner, it would have been Savard. For a team that's desprately needed scoring, he's only found the net three times since Feb. 1.

What's next: Only three teams in professional sports have battled back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series. So the Claude Juilien won't be looking to Fenway Park for inspiration. Still, the Bruins have never come back from an 0-2 deficit through their illustrious playoff history.

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8030348...er-past-Rangers

Guest Innis_Mor

Games 2 and 3, Habs:

• wouldn't move their feet first (i.e., "think" later, after moving your feet first)
  • wouldn't go to the puck first (too pre-occupied with getting a hit in, or avoiding a hit)
  • Taking dumb-_ _ _ penalties (Lats, SK74, Streit)
  • Not willing to sacrifice the body (to get to the puck first, you're gonna have to sacrifice the body once in a while)
Eastern Conference: Boston shuts down Montreal to win Game 3 Why the Canadiens lost: Bodies flew up and down the ice as Montreal was successful in matching Boston's physical play hit for hit. But over-agressiveness can occasionally lead to mistakes, something Guillaume Latendresse found out after a three-minute scrap at the end of the first period. In the third period, it was Andrei Kostitsyn who got caught after some extracurricular activity with Jeremy Reich. In overtime, it was a Bryan Smolinski slash that opened the door for the six-on-five opportunity advantage that set up Savard's game-winner.Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8030348...er-past-Rangers
It was Sergei. These reporters half watch the game, and the same last name really confuses them. Probably don't even know the Habs have brothers on the team! :rolleyes:

Guest NewfieHab

I believe the Habs are getting rattled a bit from the hits of the Bruins. The D need to start going in and getting the puck, instead of looking over their shoulder to see who is coming and letting them go in first. The team needs to simplify their PP as well. It is good that this team never went into any prolonged slumps in the regular season and played consistently, so I would expect the Habs to come out with alot more emotion and inspiration Tuesday night. I also agree that I would like to see O'Byrne in the line up instead of Briesbois, adding a little more physicality to the back end.

I believe the Habs are getting rattled a bit from the hits of the Bruins. The D need to start going in and getting the puck, instead of looking over their shoulder to see who is coming and letting them go in first. The team needs to simplify their PP as well. It is good that this team never went into any prolonged slumps in the regular season and played consistently, so I would expect the Habs to come out with alot more emotion and inspiration Tuesday night. I also agree that I would like to see O'Byrne in the line up instead of Briesbois, adding a little more physicality to the back end.

Biggest problem right now, imho is our powerplay. Boston said before the series they were going to stay out of the box & indeed they played a 'kindler, gentler game in game 1 - and really looked overmatched. In game 2 they said, we we have to try to play our game - even if it means giving them lots of powerplays. And sure enough it did - but our powerplay floundered (except for the OT winner) so in game three they hit with even more abandon.

If we can come out in game 4 and score 3 or 4 powerplay goals you can almost bet Boston's hitting will be waaaaay down for game 5.

Guest LarryRobinson
Biggest problem right now, imho is our powerplay. Boston said before the series they were going to stay out of the box & indeed they played a 'kindler, gentler game in game 1 - and really looked overmatched. In game 2 they said, we we have to try to play our game - even if it means giving them lots of powerplays. And sure enough it did - but our powerplay floundered (except for the OT winner) so in game three they hit with even more abandon.

If we can come out in game 4 and score 3 or 4 powerplay goals you can almost bet Boston's hitting will be waaaaay down for game 5.

Couldnt have said it better. There is no reason Boston whose PK unit ranked toward the bottom of the league should shut down our PP. I dont expect it to last. Its the one time where our skilled players should be able to shine.

Im not at all surprised that we have lost a game. The playoffs are not the regular season and its insane to think that our streak during the season would guarantee us a sweep in the playoffs, just because we got all the Ws during the season does not mean we dominated every game b/c we didnt. Alot of close ones went our way. The Bruins play a NJ Devil's style right now, they clog the neutral zone and stifle our speed when they are effective. If you want to call out certain players on our team, go ahead, but its not a single player that lost the game for us, its our system which got bested by their system. I expect more of the same....keys to the games will remain neutral zone transition game, our PP, Thomas, and Price.

Guest ucandoit10

With the exception of the 4th line is seems the intensity level of the team has dropped in games 2 and 3 compared to the first game of the series, while the Bruins have raised their intensity. In addition, the smaller defenseman are getting roughed up and are essentially overmatched in a hard hitting series. It might be helpful to replace Brisbois and Streit with some size and toughness to match the bruins forwards. Maybe O'byrne and Bouillon (if possible) and then moving Streit back to forward and PP.

Guest Innis_Mor
Couldnt have said it better. There is no reason Boston whose PK unit ranked toward the bottom of the league should shut down our PP. I dont expect it to last. Its the one time where our skilled players should be able to shine.

Im not at all surprised that we have lost a game. The playoffs are not the regular season and its insane to think that our streak during the season would guarantee us a sweep in the playoffs, just because we got all the Ws during the season does not mean we dominated every game b/c we didnt. Alot of close ones went our way. The Bruins play a NJ Devil's style right now, they clog the neutral zone and stifle our speed when they are effective. If you want to call out certain players on our team, go ahead, but its not a single player that lost the game for us, its our system which got bested by their system. I expect more of the same....keys to the games will remain neutral zone transition game, our PP, Thomas, and Price.

The Bruins are collapsing down on the PP. Only two options left:

• Keep zinging it from the point, because that is what the Bruins are willing to give up
  • or come from behind the net with a "pass'n stuff"

Guest King-Carey-31

I am probably going to hear it from most members, but i feel that game 4 is a MUST WIN for les habitants, i feel that if we lose this game, we will lose the series...we cannot let boston ride two games into le Centre Bell

Guest ryanrdt

Well considering 62 people have voted that the Habs will win in 5 - my self included - it is hard to be surprised that Boston has won a game. I do feel it is time for some line changes as I mentioned in another thread, I think O'byrne should be playing.

On a positive note, there will be a game 5 at the bell center which gives us one more Home game, making fans happy and the Club more money! Also gives some of our rookies more experience for the better and tougher clubs we might have to face later on.......

just my thoughts!

GO HABS GO

Guest Innis_Mor
On a positive note, there will be a game 5 at the bell center which gives us one more Home game, making fans happy and the Club more money! Also gives some of our rookies more experience for the better and tougher clubs we might have to face later on.......

just my thoughts!

GO HABS GO

Good, HAPPY thoughts!! Looking forward to Game 5, when hopefully the Habs seal it!!

We all want a BIG win tomorrow!! (And by BIG, I mean like 5-0 !!)

GO HABS GO !!

Guest hablover
Well considering 62 people have voted that the Habs will win in 5 - my self included - it is hard to be surprised that Boston has won a game. I do feel it is time for some line changes as I mentioned in another thread, I think O'byrne should be playing.

just my thoughts!

GO HABS GO

Yeah, i was thinking about it too like you

Most of us predicted a loss but when that loss comes, we act so surprised!

We win tomorrow...series is done.....

Guest 77Bourque77

i dont even want to go into work tonight....going to working with a burins fan, and we usually give eachother a hard time(jokingly) but he even thinks boston will lose...if they dont win i am going to be in for one hell of a bashing.

Guest Hoyle00cdn

On a serious note.....

I think the deciding factor of this series will depend on how robust Carbonneau's coaching style is. He's proven that he can mold his team to play serious hockey, but how quickly can he react and respond when his system has been broken. The past two games really did look like Julien has found a way to play against Carbonneau's speed game.

Thoughts?

Guest habsrule4eva3089

Thoughts on this series? ... a team that averages 2 goals per game is not going to stop the machine that is our Habs. sure one game but maintaining that for a prolonged amount of time, no way jose. We win the next 2 easily... don't be surprised.

Guest habfanforlife_85

Streit has been terrible in this series! I don't think he is very comfortable on the back end, especially with the Bruins dump and chase game. I think we need big O'Byrne back there to throw some huge hits and clear the front of Price. throw Streit up front and take Dandenault out of the lineup. By putting Brisebois with O'Byrne, you have one tough guy on each defence pairing (Hammer, Komi, and O'Byrne). Ryder has done nothing this series and to me is a bust even for a benchwarmer. He is not coming back next year so let the young guys play it out. We need more speed so let Grabs play!!

New Lines:

A.Kostitsyn - T.Plekanec - A.Kovalev

S.Kostistyn - C.Higgins - M.Grabovski

M.Streit - M.Lapierre - G.Latendresse

S.Begin - B.Smolinski - T.Kostopolous

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Gorges

O'Byrne - Brisebois

Price

Halak

As for the power play...

PP1: Kovalev on the point in place of Streit - he will thread the needle and have more opportunities to snipe that wrister top cheddar.

A.Kostitsyn - T.Plekanec - S.Kostitsyn

A.Kovalev - A.Markov

PP2: Double shift Kovy, now put him up front, and bring in Smoke to make sure we get control of the puck. Put SMoke in front of the net a la Avery, and have Kovalev and Higgins work the side boards.

C.Higgins - B.Smolinski - A.Kovalev

P.Brisebois - M.Streit

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry back Koivu - we NEED you!!!!

Guest habsrule4eva3089

Grabovski might not make it alive if he plays against boston... he's a player that can get just destroyed...you won't be seeing him in this series... vs any other team in the east... sure, but not boston...they're the most physical team in the conference and if a player gets a hold of him...Grabo isn't the best at avoiding checks..

Archived