• Montreal in 5
    • Montreal in 6
    • Montreal in 7
    • Boston in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

Guest Hoyle00cdn

I'm not upset that we lost last game, I'm pissed off.

We are going to blow this bruins team out of the frickin' water tonight.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm not upset that we lost last game, I'm pissed off.

We are going to blow this bruins team out of the frickin' water tonight.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Amen!

Well I personally dont think Julien is "out coaching" Carbs, but the easiest thing one could point to is the fact that Julien has taken a poorly ranked PK unit and nullified the leagues top PP. You can say its the players not playing up to their capabilities and I wouldnt disagree. He also moved Ward onto a pairing with Chara and took Wideman off that unit. It worked, made the Chara-Ward unit much more formidable as a shutdown pairing against the Kovy line.

Exactly. It's more a matter of our best players being outplayed by the Bruins' best players and it's been the case for most of the series so far. Although it's a great bonus, it's not normal that Brisebois, Smolinski and Kostopoulos are our offensive weapons. Not really coaching. I would have liked to see Streit moved at forward well before, but I was saying that all season so it's not necessarily related to this series between Julien and Carbo.

Guest hablover

I think we can all say that the Bruins have given the Habs more than we expected...

a lot of us have been expecting big wins but we have had to scrap out every win except the first...

Now a chance to go back home and finish this thing.

It still isn't over, we came back from the bruins when we were down 3-1....they can also.......

Guest GoHabsGo57
It still isn't over, we came back from the bruins when we were down 3-1....they can also.......

It'll be kinda hard for the B's now. Theres no way they'll be able to beat us twice at the Ear-Ringing Bell Centre. GO HABS GO!!!!!

Guest habsfan321

3-1! Someone call and book the golf course for the bruins Friday morning!

Wow... I actually just posted this using my new iPod touch! Incredible.

Guest hablover
3-1! Someone call and book the golf course for the bruins Friday morning!

Wow... I actually just posted this using my new iPod touch! Incredible.

you got an ipod touch...lucky jerk.... :P

just kidding, thats pretty cool though

Guest 1337FREAK

They do happen, but Boston beat us once in 15 games, it's VERY unlikely they will win 3 consecutive.

Guest eukinfindme
They do happen, but Boston beat us once in 15 games, it's VERY unlikely they will win 3 consecutive.

i hope we win thur night sans-koivu, that way he wont have to rush back form injury and properly heal for Philly in the next round.

I think we can all say that the Bruins have given the Habs more than we expected...

a lot of us have been expecting big wins but we have had to scrap out every win except the first...

Now a chance to go back home and finish this thing.

I had predicted the Habs in 6. No surprised at this end.

I had predicted the Habs in 6. No surprised at this end.

I'm not surprised either. The Bruins are a tough, scrappy, aggressive bunch of blue-collar players who never quit. Frankly, I take my hat off to Claude Julien for taking the team this far with limited talent and minus its best forward (Bergeron) for virtually the whole season.

I had posted this in the Carey Price thread, but it belongs here more than there. After the first four games of this series, there are players that have impressed, others... well, not so much.

Price, Tommy K, Smoke, Breezer and Hammer are all having a great series.

Kovalev, Markov, Gorges, Begin, Andrei Kostitsyn, Higgins and Lapierre have been hit and miss. They all can give a bit more.

Streit, Plekanec, Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Ryder and Dandenault are struggling. I won't include Komisarek as he's obviously not back at 100% from his injury.

My two cents.

Guest AlexK

Woah Sergei Kostitsyn has had a pretty good series. I would put him in the hit and miss. This was probably his worst game of the series, but the rest he has played strong. Probably one of our best forwards.

I had posted this in the Carey Price thread, but it belongs here more than there. After the first four games of this series, there are players that have impressed, others... well, not so much.

Kovalev, Markov, Gorges, Begin, Andrei Kostitsyn, Higgins and Lapierre have been hit and miss. They all can give a bit more.

Streit, Plekanec, Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Ryder and Dandenault are struggling. I won't include Komisarek as he's obviously not back at 100% from his injury.

My two cents.

While I agree that Sergei struggled tonight, he does have 2 goals in the series, so I'd put him more into the 'up and down' category. Can't argue with the rest.

Guest eukinfindme

My two cents.

dont agree with Breezer, and KOVY is certainly our best forward hands down. 3 points in 4 games - double teamed all the time, has set up countless scoring opportunties, Game winner in OT.... sheesh, what else does the guy have to do?

Guest Larry Robinson

Have you ever seen a playoff series between Montreal and Boston go easily either way for either team.I can't remember it even when 4 games sweeps were involved.I didn't expect any blow outs even though we won all 8 regular season games.Every team has got some pride and so even if they know coming in it's going to be a hard up hill battle to move on,pride should be good for at least 1 game.Boston got that win in game # 3.Game # 5 will be just as tough as the others but Boston will buckle quicker if Montreal can get that lead. Look for a much better game from the Habs right from the get go. :D

dont agree with Breezer, and KOVY is certainly our best forward hands down. 3 points in 4 games - double teamed all the time, has set up countless scoring opportunties, Game winner in OT.... sheesh, what else does the guy have to do?

Incidentally, Brisebois also has 3 points in 4 games, including one game-winner. :rolleyes:

Why is it SO hard for some to acknowledge that Brisebois has been one of our best players thus far?

As for Kovy, he's my favourite player, but he needs to be doing more. He is the go-to guy, especially in Saku's absence. He's the marquee player, the star forward, and he's been our MVP all season long. The bar is set high, but he set it there with his superb 07-08 season.

Game # 5 will be just as tough as the others but Boston will buckle quicker if Montreal can get that lead. Look for a much better game from the Habs right from the get go. :D

Yep, the longer game 5 goes without us scoring, the tougher Boston will get. On the other hand, if we're able to score early, like we did in game one, we could deliver the final knockout punch.

Guest AlexK

Haha but Breezer is +2 and is tied for the team lead in points 1 goal and 2 assists which is the same amount as Kovy. I think hes done pretty decent.

Incidentally, Brisebois also has 3 points in 4 games, including one game-winner. :rolleyes:

Why is it SO hard for some to acknowledge that Brisebois has been one of our best players thus far?

As for Kovy, he's my favourite player, but he needs to be doing more. He is the go-to guy, especially in Saku's absence. He's the marquee player, the star forward, and he's been our MVP all season long. The bar is set high, but he set it there with his superb 07-08 season.

Also Breezer is a defenseman! :D

Guest eukinfindme

Yep, the longer game 5 goes without us scoring, the tougher Boston will get. On the other hand, if we're able to score early, like we did in game one, we could deliver the final knockout punch.

The guy is an all-star and IMO untouchable for any negative comments. The Habs would be nothing without him, literally. He is the onyl true capable impact fprward on our team and every other team in the league knows this - in playoffs it is even harder. When Koivu comes back, he can take a little bit of the slack off of KOVY, and you will see the bar raised.

Guest overlords
The guy is an all-star and IMO untouchable for any negative comments. The Habs would be nothing without him, literally. He is the onyl true capable impact fprward on our team and every other team in the league knows this - in playoffs it is even harder. When Koivu comes back, he can take a little bit of the slack off of KOVY, and you will see the bar raised.

The fact that he is our only true 'impact' forward and that he hasn't done much against the B's, a team we annihilate regularly makes me worry a bit. He got us here, but if he doesn't perform like we need him to, we're toast, plain and simple. It's the same reason people got mad at him last year, the skill is there, but it's whether or not he puts the puck in the net that matters.

Guest fansince1975

What the heck?

Only reason we won was Price.

I like Ryder but he was one of three players that could go to the press box to make room for Streit at forward. O'Byrne had a good game with limited ice time. He should remain at D for most of the games as he brings big size and works hard.

However, my reason for the what the heck is promoting Latendresse to play some minutes with Higgins and S.Kostityn. He has not earned a promotion to the 2nd line. He defence is scary bad and he has no energy. He needs to be in the press box. Apparently Carbo saw this as Lats did not get a lot of ice time in the 3rd period.

We need offense or at least energy. Neither are being deliveried by Lats. Stewart would bring more energy, speed, and physical play to the 4th line then Latendresse. Grabs would bring two things to the 2nd line. A playmaker used to the center position and lots of speed. He might not be great at face-offs but then neither is Higgins. I can hardy wait for Koivu as this is just wrong to put a slow poke and defensive liability like Lats on the 2nd line. Crossed fingers that Koivu is back for Thursday. Time to close out this series. Koivu can heal more after the victory as it will be likey 5 to 7 days until the next series to begin.

My guess is even though Brisebois got the game winner that Bouillon will take his spot on defence with O'Byrne remaining in the lineup on Thursday. Removing O'Byrne from the lineup is a mistake. The rookie has played good in his first playoff game and could handle even more minutes next game. It is very nice that Brisebois got the only goal. But key on the work ONLY goal. Montreal is the highest scoring team in the NHL. It is time that more goals are scored. Nice that the team went 1 for 3 on PP.

Komi really slowed down Lucic. Some big time hits by both players. But Komi seemed to get the advantage tonight.

Carey Price stole this game for Montreal. First shutout in the playoffs. Hoping for his second shutout to occur very shortly.

Guest AlexK
The fact that he is our only true 'impact' forward and that he hasn't done much against the B's, a team we annihilate regularly makes me worry a bit. He got us here, but if he doesn't perform like we need him to, we're toast, plain and simple. It's the same reason people got mad at him last year, the skill is there, but it's whether or not he puts the puck in the net that matters.

Like was pointed out Ovechkin is being shut down pretty good and I think we all agree he is a better player then Kovy. This team has done well yes because Kovy has had a great season, but also because this team has gotten contributions from so many different players. This is continuing to be true in the playoffs. I think Kovy is on pace for his normal playoff production which is just under a point per game. Perhaps against at team that doesn't play such tight defense he will pick up more points.

Archived