• no,not even a chance
    • maybe

Guest kostitsynvision74

game1oftheplayoffshabslw4.png

Carey%20Price_camp.jpg
no playoff experience

ho_AAHM005_8x10~Tim-Thomas-Posters.jpg

tv info:rds(hd) :D,cbc

mods i didn't know if there were playoff threads but if your not soppose to make it you can delete it.

Guest .scott.

To the MODS, I think you should hold requests for Playoff Game Threads as they will probably be in high demand unlike regular season games.

Also, maybe stick to the rule of 24 hours.

----

Anyways, GO HABS GO!!!

Guest Innis_Mor

The Habs own Tim Thomas (something like a .880 save % against them this season).

Thomas is a very athletic/acrobatic goalie, but not very strong technically.

"The key to Montreal’s success is to continue what they’ve done all season long against the Bruins and other opponents. They’ll need to remain creative and adaptive on the power play. They’ll also look to move the puck around often and accurately to ensure a dizzying effect on Tim Thomas opening him up for easy goals."

I agree. That's what I've seen the Habs do to this guy all season -- just open up the holes and in the puck goes.

GO HABS GO !!

Guest bigsby
i was getting realy excited i was waiting for someone to make the thread

i'm too excited to wait too! thanks for making the thread. i hope it stays open until the puck drops :D

i'm nervous, as i always am for the playoffs...the habs know the secret to beating the bruins better than any team in the league.

they just have to play smart and don't wait for the play to come to them. the nerves will be flying at the bell for game one!

Guest Onzeee

Carbonneau needs to start the Begin Smolinski Kostopolous line at the opening faceoff because we need to come out and throw some hits right from the start, we cannot give them any life

Guest Innis_Mor
Carbonneau needs to start the Begin Smolinski Kostopolous line at the opening faceoff because we need to come out and throw some hits right from the start, we cannot give them any life
Nah, throw the big line at them .... Announcer: "Goal scored at the 22 second mark by number 27 Alexi Kov-aaa-LEVVV!!! ....

Guest vegasrick
"The key to Montreal’s success is to continue what they’ve done all season long against the Bruins and other opponents. They’ll need to remain creative and adaptive on the power play. They’ll also look to move the puck around often and accurately to ensure a dizzying effect on Tim Thomas opening him up for easy goals."[/color]

GO HABS GO !!

And if moving the puck around doesn't work, the Habs could try this:

spiral_animation.gif

Tho-----mas.......Tho-----mas......you're getting sleepy....dizzy....weak on your 5-hole.....

Guest 77Bourque77

i like that idea. and it would be a good idea to throw some hits early on in the game to show them we are here to play.

We need Komisarek back.

His kind of toughness and strength will be needed.

I'm really nervous about this game....but in a good way.

I hope Tim thomas is having a sleepless night of his own!

My oldest son is going to the game tomorrow.

I am SO ENVIOUS!

He has richer, cooler friends than I do. :(

Guest moe181

yay game thread!!!

Alright well, I hope the boys understand that the first game is gonna be crucial in this series. If we win we'll plant a seed of doubt in the Bruins and hopefully trigger a mental breakdown.

On the other hand if they win, they'll finally have snapped out of the 11 game losing streak, and will be full of energy.

So yah, the task is simple, take game 1, do it convincingly and I can see us taking the series in 4-5.

GO HABS GO!

Guest Onzeee
Nah, throw the big line at them .... Announcer: "Goal scored at the 22 second mark by number 27 Alexi Kov-aaa-LEVVV!!! ....

Listen early in the game we need to set a physical tone, then let kovalev go to work

Guest Innis_Mor
Listen early in the game we need to set a physical tone, then let kovalev go to work
Nah, Habs should stick to who they are are, and stick it to the Bruins with their speed! Wup 'em!! Right from the start!!

Go Habs Go!!

Guest Innis_Mor

from Tim Wharnsby .... yesterday:

Montreal Canadiens captain Saku Koivu (fractured left foot) did not participate in his team's noon-hour practice, but defencemen Mike Komisarek (hip) and Francis Bouillon (ankle) did as well as forward Michael Ryder (leg).

The line combinations for the Canadiens were as follows (left-centre-right):

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

S.Kostitsyn-Higgins-Ryder

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos

If this is the forwards line-up, then it looks like Carbo is going with experience. And it would infer Streit on defense, with Bouillon still resting. We'll see how today and tomorrow go!!

I did think the coaches wanted Higgins coming off the wing and working along the boards, but SK74's face-off work has been horrid! Maybe worse even than Grabs'!! ;)

Guest hablover

quite pumped about this game!I say we shouldn't get off our game which is speed and hustle and we shouldn't go to their game. We just need to keep it simple and use our skill to our advantage without getting caught pinching in and giving good opportunities against us.Should be fun........I can see us dropping the first game because we don't come out with the same intensity as bruinsHey, they have nothing to loseI hope though the Habs prove me wrong like they have done so much this season and win this one comfotably to put all my nervous thoughts away....

Guest AlexYashin

Personnellement, je pense que ca va être une série difficile... sa recommence à zéro et les bruins ont soif de revanche, moi je dirais que le premier match sera déterminant.

Archived