The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 1, Game 2: Boston @ Montreal | Apr. 12 2008 | Final: 3-2 Habs (OT)

fourtrax

Courtesy of member Carey Price:

BOS.gifMTL.gif

Live from the Bell Centre
Saturday April 12 2008 à 19 h
centrebellxx8.png

In goal for the Canadiens

pricetb1.png

Record : 41-24-12

GAA : 2,56

Save % : .920

In goal for the Bruins

thomaslu3.png
Record : 57-28-19
GAA : 2,44

Save % : .921

------------------------------------------------------
Projected Starting Lines Canadiens
-
A. Kostitsyn - Plekenec - Kovalev
S. Kostitsyn - Higgins - Ryder
Kostopoulos - Smolinski - Streit
Latendresse - Lapierre - Dandenault
Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Brisebois - Gorges
-
Projected Starting Lines Bruins
_
Bof! :rolleyes:
Top Scorers Canadiens
-

#27 - Alex Kovalev : 82 games - 35 goals - 49 assists = 81 points

#14 - Tomas Plekanec : 81 games - 29 goals - 40 assists = 69 points
#32 - Mark Streit : 81 games - 13 goals - 49 assists = 62 points
#79 - Andrei Markov : 82 games - 16 goals - 42 assists = 58 points
#11 - Saku Koivu : 77 games - 16 goals - 40 assists = 56 points

_-
Top Scorers Bruins
_-
#91 - Mark Savard : 74 games - 15 goals - 63 assists = 78 points
#16 - Marco Sturm : 80 games - 27 goals - 29 assists = 56 points
#33 - Zdeno Chara : 77 games - 17 goals - 34 assists = 51 points

#12 - Chuck Kobasew : 73 games - 22 goals - 17 assists = 39 points

#81 - Phil Kessel : 82 games - 19 goals - 18 assists = 36 points
_
_
BON MATCH À TOUTES ET À TOUS!
-

On television :

imagesrdswd3.jpg

On the radio :

3765350617vr9.jpg

GO HABS GO

Guest bigsby

wooohooo! THANK YOU!

i'm so jazzed for this game! let's see if the boys can continue to carry the momentum and let's see if the bruins continue to struggle with the '7th man' not to mention our rock solid d and flashy forwards :D

i expect this to be a much tighter game.

it's game day!!

Guest CanadianMike

Let's do this boys. Bruins will come out hard and dirtier than ever. Hope the Habs keep skating like they have been.

GO HABS GO!!! Just got back from the store (what a sweet cover the new LES CANADIENS has with the young guns...love it!!)

I think Kovy will lead the way tonight (game winner too). We have to go into Boston 2-0.

:) enjoy the game everyone.

Guest BigBADHabs

We need to hit them fast and hard so they don't know what hit them like last game.

As long as we score 3-4 goals it will be another win. I can't wait until the game starts

Die Bruins Die

First time on here but always read these posts

nice to join in

anyone know how post a picture with your reply?

Guest olddude

We've seen it 9 time already this year, Boston just can't play with this team. As long as we don't have a total meltdown, we will win. I won't say that the rest of the games will be as lopsided as game 1, but I'm hopeing. :D

GO HABS GO

Guest kinot1

I don't expect the Teddy-bears to change much,,,,,,,but you never know,,,,,,,,,,,thurs. game was great,,,,,,,,if our boys play our game and not be sucked into their game, we will come out with another W.

JM2C

Guest Innis_Mor

Some pre-game (media) notes re: Boston line-up for tonight's games (Boston Herald, posted just this hour):

When asked if there would be any lineup changes tonight, coach Claude Julien said that the Bruins have “a lot of question marks. I’m being honest here. We’ll figure it out more this afternoon. This is the time of year where you try to get your players in that are 100 percent and I need to figure out where we stand in that area.”

When asked if Milan Lucic, who played sparingly in the third period after taking a big hit from Roman Hamrlik in the second, was one of those question marks, Julien said no.

“I’m going to be extremely clear with that. He’s not even close to being hurt,” said Julien. “The only reason he didn’t play was because his linemates are penalty killers, so he skipped a couple of shifts. That was more the situation than anything else. He’s not even close to being injured. He’s very healthy.”

Dennis Wideman, who did not skate in Friday’s practice, skated in the optional skate this morning and said he felt ready to go.

“I had the option (of not practicing on Friday) and I decided to take it. We’ve got a lot of games coming up,” said Wideman.

Andrew Alberts could be re-inserted into the lineup, though he said he didn’t know if he’d be playing tonight.

Patrice Bergeron skated for a lengthy period, which probably indicates that he won’t be playing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/b...position=recent

(Bruin Coach Julien:... "and I'll repeat myself here as I want to make it abundantly clear .... Milan Lucic is in no way feeling any after effects at all -- none whatsoever, nodda, --- following that thundering hit he took from The Hammer on Thursday :rolleyes: .... In fact, Lucic is very much looking forward to taking another one or two of those tonight, maybe even one from that make-'em-Komi-tose guy on the Habs D .... :D )

Note: "At the Bruins’ practice yesterday in the suburb of Verdun, rookie winger Milan Lucic skated on the top line with Marc Savard and Glen Murray."

Guest overlords

Great thread! won't be in it much though, i might be at a bar with my girlfriend watching this, who knows. Keep it civil guys and cheer the boys on! go habs go!

Guest scarface

13-0 tonight baby!!!!! CHARRA seems to be nursing a shoulder from all the hits he claims we never did,lol!!

i'm smelling blood now!!! :D

Guest King-Carey-31

We have one of the Fastest, most potent offenses in the NHL. As long as les Boys come out skating hard and fast, we will win this game! Defense, play like you did last game and i will be too impressed. Patrice Brisebois has the slowest slapshot of life, use it...goalies will not expect a slow shot, tips will get through Thomas....

TIM THOMAS' FIVE HOLE...aim for it.

here's a picture i designed in photoshop.

thewalljh6.png

VS.

timmays5holecopyyynj7.png

Guest fansince1975

I must have a mean streak but I would like a huge 5-0 or 6-0 or 7-0 victory for Montreal.

Why give them any hope. We are better in net, better at defence, highest scoring team, best PP, scoring from lots of players, depth, and incredible fans.

Guest Price Fan #1

We are going to cream boston tonight. They are going to be crying to the fans!! Its crazyat the bell center. All the fans are standing up and waving their flags. My family and I went to the famous nyr game and everyone was throwing the flags on the ice. It is amazing at the bell center.

Guest ryanrdt
That's not official info. It's just the lines as projected by the member. I think Carbo is keeping the same lines as Thursday.

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep checking to see if anyone hears anything!

Go HABS GO

Guest moe181

WOOOOOOWOOOOOO

Game 2 of this series and I'm expecting more of the same stuff we saw in game 1. Get the powerplay going tonight and this game will be ours.

GO HABS GO!

Archived