The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ray Emery

Guest thefooligan5

Guest thefooligan5

TSN

not sure if this is anything to be discussing but this may be:

Emery's absence comes just one day after a stick-slamming outburst during an optional practice on Thursday, apparently venting some frustration with his lack of playing time.

simply due to previous reports about emery's behaviour even during his junior days (sorry, no links but i recall many stories and links being posted on this website during discussions about his mask, his slash on lapierre etc.)

we've seen that this guy has some real talent and at 25, this is a little too early to be jeopardizing your career.

Guest kovalev47
[url="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=226006&hubname="]TSN[/url]

not sure if this is anything to be discussing but this may be:

simply due to previous reports about emery's behaviour even during his junior days (sorry, no links but i recall many stories and links being posted on this website during discussions about his mask, his slash on lapierre etc.)

we've seen that this guy has some real talent and at 25, this is a little too early to be jeopardizing your career.

Well it's understandable though. He played in the playoffs with an injury wrist and I wonder whether it furthered the extent of the injury. Then he lost his starter's role because of the injury. So it's very understable that he is frustrated. I think athletes should refuse to play in the regular season and playoffs if there even is a slight chance it could increase the extent of an injury. Not sure if their contract allows it if they doctors say they can play.

Guest thefooligan5
Well it's understandable though. He played in the playoffs with an injury wrist and I wonder whether it furthered the extent of the injury. Then he lost his starter's role because of the injury. So it's very understable that he is frustrated. I think athletes should refuse to play in the regular season and playoffs if there even is a slight chance it could increase the extent of an injury. Not sure if their contract allows it if they doctors say they can play.
i doubt it does. doctor's are the supposed experts after all so if they say you are good to go and you refuse to play that is a little something called insubordination and no workplace looks upon that favorably.

during the tsn broadcast of tonight's game they showed a clip of emery breaking his stick on the net and then throwing the handle of his stick at the glass in the middle of practice. is this the 'stick swinging' incident the media has been referring to which occurred the other day?

Guest kovalev47
i doubt it does. doctor's are the supposed experts after all so if they say you are good to go and you refuse to play that is a little something called insubordination and no workplace looks upon that favorably.

during the tsn broadcast of tonight's game they showed a clip of emery breaking his stick on the net and then throwing the handle of his stick at the glass in the middle of practice. is this the 'stick swinging' incident the media has been referring to which occurred the other day?

Yeah I think that's the one.

Guest Miltie01

Geez, the Sens gave him an alibi by saying he was sick.

He ran around telling reporters today that HE SLEPT IN !!!

He should at least work with management when they are trying to make him look less like a jerk !!!!

Can't even wake up for an 11am practice and says he's late all the time. If I was late for my job all the time, I'd be fired.

He's lucky he's not in Montreal where the fans and media would tear him to shreds.

Guest thefooligan5

it seems like ottawa is looking to get rid of him so the real question now would be if teams that are really desperate in net still go after him? he is a good goaltender after all.

Guest Lafleurfan2

is this the reason Ottawa hasbeen playing sloppy the past month or 2? how do you get into fights with

your teamates in practice? tempers arguing, stick swiknging? isnt that suppose to be saved for opposing teams. If he can't get up at the time he's suppose

to be at an 11:00 am practice He might need to be sat on the bench and do some thinking about how he's

hurting his team.

Guest louis1234

i think he has the right to be frustrated but he cant distract his team and make a seen he could talk to his coach in private and him getting into a fight with a team mate buring practice (found out on the nhl network) is unexceptable

Guest RadioGaGa

It's only a big deal in cities where there is lots of coverage...remember Koivu/Ribeiro a few years ago???

It doesn't help that Emery has already been in the news negatively twice in the past week.

They were all laughing about it in the clips.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ComeBackStanley
I guess I should post this here.

Emery was late again for a practice and was later fined by the Senators for a days pay($14,705.88). Although it's not certain that this is the amount he was fined but Bob McKenzie is typically right(or pretty close) about most things.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228442&hubname=nhl

wow i wish that days pay went right int my bank account...looks alot better than the 40-80 bucks i make a day lol

Guest habs_fan1160

Like I've been saying since last year, Emery is a loser.

I knew him in his junior days and his ego and attitude is bigger than his tallent - that's where his problems come from.

I heard last night that the Sens might put him on waivers, hopefully we won't pick him up. :P

Guest Bobineau
I guess I should post this here.

Emery was late again for a practice and was later fined by the Senators for a days pay($14,705.88). Although it's not certain that this is the amount he was fined but Bob McKenzie is typically right(or pretty close) about most things.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228442&hubname=nhl

I'm late everyday at work so I don't see what's the big deal... :P:lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest 11CaptainKoivu11
I heard last night that the Sens might put him on waivers, hopefully we won't pick him up. :P

Hopefully that's where he goes, not that I want to see Ottawa succeed, but there is no place for someone with his attitude in the NHL.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest feistyboy27

I read somewhere they can actually buy him out before June at less then a 3rd of his price. Ray Emery could be out of an awful lot of money, as well as a job.

I read somewhere they can actually buy him out before June at less then a 3rd of his price. Ray Emery could be out of an awful lot of money, as well as a job.

You misread that, it's 2/3 of his contract, but the cap hit is 1/3 of his contract for twice the length of his contract.

Archived