minikos-yn

who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• habs win
    • bruins win

Guest RocketPower
Breaking news out of boston..

Tim Thomas is expected to play in game four, after successfull surgery to remove a large horseshoe shaped metal object from his behind.

Link......www.bruinsinruins.com

Good one LOL. GO HABS GO :D

Guest Ellie

I have an exam tomorrow night starting at 7 <_<... I won't be able to focus haha. Anyway, I think we will see a different team tomorrow night after the meeting the guys had this afternoon. It should be a good game! I hope Carbs is wearing his magic tie and makes some line changes. Go Habs Go :D

Guest Onzeee

Its going to come down to how committed our guys are going to be.... Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev Ryder Higgins our best guys have to be our best guys enough is enough here, when tom the bomb and smoke are your best players you are in trouble.

Guest Bruin Fan 4
Another one who needs group therapy... :) CHEER UP!!

HABS FOR THE 25TH!!! :P

therapy doesn't work :blink: ... trust me .... I've been a die hard BRUIN fan since May 10, 1970 .... closet HABS fan since 2002 ... this series is a WIN WIN for me ..... GO BRUINS GO :D

Guest CanadianMike
hey greekhab, where is your girl of the game? hope shes a looker.
not like the last one (looked like a man) :P I never vote in these polls, but today I did. I feel it. Habs will win this game.Game 1 I said Pleks would score the game winner...I was wrong (but Habs won)Game 2 I said it would be Kovy...I was rightGame 3 I didn't say anything...bad karma..bruins wonnow here we are game 4 and I have no choicebut to go with the 3rd player from that line ANDREI KOSTITSYN.Bottom line I don't care which Hab scores the game winner. I am so pumped for the game. Can't wait to see the lineup changes.O'By better be in.GO HABS GO!!!habs in 5!!
Well, I hope this does this trick.gohabsgo.jpg
yes and you played it safe by not posting her face in case she looked like a man too. :D;) Habs in 5. PRICE!! PRICE!! PRICE!!!

Guest Innis_Mor
boston has cracked our gameplay they won because they were hitting more. 2morow if we throw some big hits and skate faster and get more pucks to the net we can win this game for sure
Per the stats, the Habs have racked up more hits all three games so far.

The Bruins won Game 3 and (almost?) outplayed Habs in Game 2 because they were willing to sacrifice to get to the puck first.

What's with all this "hitting"? I just don't understand it. It's not how how or why the Bruins are playing fairly well, and the Habs are not. The Habs were "playing like little girls" and not going to the puck. They are skating team, that can hit. In the Habs team, skating comes first (followed by passing / puck movement and scoring), then (finally) hitting. The Habs did not win their conference this year by being something they are not. Hitting's a part of their game, but it is not the be-all and end-all of their game. The Habs lost Game 3 because they were overly concerned about hitting and (in particular) avoiding getting hit -- (things "little girls" might concern themselves with) -- and none too concerned with going and getting the puck!!!

Lord, help us all, if Carbo and the team haven't figured that out as yet, and are more concerned (still) about hitting and not getting hit. Because the Bruins (as bad a team as they are -- and they do pretty much stink) might very well win the game again tonight.

Habs will win tonight if they go and get the puck, forget about getting hit, and leave their own hitting to when it clearly presents itself as opportunity.

Habs need to get back to their game!! Skating and getting the danged puck!!

Guest habs_fan1160

Huge game tonight. If the Bruin's are able to tie the series they'll have a lot more confidence, however, if we can go up 3-1 on them, the tables certainly shift in our favour.

So far, out of the games this series, I'm the most nervous about this one. I think this one will help to set a pace and do a lot of determining on the series.

Guest sanman

If you look at game 3 there were a lot of things we could have done better:

1) Shoot more - not just on the PP but when we are cruising 20 feet from the net and looking for that ninth pass!

2) Make Thomas play the puck - we have to get him to come out and play the puck more...he stinks with it.

3) Use our speed - what's up with 2 Boston breakaway's, that's our game? We have to throw that puck up the boards and let our speedy guys make Boston's D back peddle. A couple of periods of that and they will have to relent on their forechecking or give up odd man rushes.

4) Change the lineup - Streit moves up woth Higgins and S. Kotsitsyn, O'Bourne goes back for Streit, Ryder is out. We need size back there to contain the smaller Boston forwards like Savard and quite frankly what is Ryder doing? I count one good shot so far in the series.

So there's a lot of adjustments to be made and we will make them. The good news is that even playing a semi bad game we still took them to OT. Like always if we play hard for 60 minutes we win, that simple. Just to add, Boston has to be elated that they won a game against the HABS since it's been so long. Although that helps their confidence it also can be deflating for them since they may sit back a bit and an inspiration for us to bring them back down to reality.

All I know is that when I hear Pleks saying he has played like a little girl so far, I have great confidence in the boys that they are taking this seriously.

It all comes down to scoring the 1st goal. Habs score it and Thomas fades. The longer we let this guy sit in the net the more confidence he gets. Lets score on him early and shut him down.

GO HABS GO - biggest game of the year.

Guest CanadianMike
If you look at game 3 there were a lot of things we could have done better:

1) Shoot more - not just on the PP but when we are cruising 20 feet from the net and looking for that ninth pass!

2) Make Thomas play the puck - we have to get him to come out and play the puck more...he stinks with it.

3) Use our speed - what's up with 2 Boston breakaway's, that's our game? We have to throw that puck up the boards and let our speedy guys make Boston's D back peddle. A couple of periods of that and they will have to relent on their forechecking or give up odd man rushes.

4) Change the lineup - Streit moves up woth Higgins and S. Kotsitsyn, O'Bourne goes back for Streit, Ryder is out. We need size back there to contain the smaller Boston forwards like Savard and quite frankly what is Ryder doing? I count one good shot so far in the series.

So there's a lot of adjustments to be made and we will make them. The good news is that even playing a semi bad game we still took them to OT. Like always if we play hard for 60 minutes we win, that simple. Just to add, Boston has to be elated that they won a game against the HABS since it's been so long. Although that helps their confidence it also can be deflating for them since they may sit back a bit and an inspiration for us to bring them back down to reality.

All I know is that when I hear Pleks saying he has played like a little girl so far, I have great confidence in the boys that they are taking this seriously.

It all comes down to scoring the 1st goal. Habs score it and Thomas fades. The longer we let this guy sit in the net the more confidence he gets. Lets score on him early and shut him down.

GO HABS GO - biggest game of the year.

could not agree more with those 4 points. Let's hope the team meeting yesterday included those 4 points. Habs have more talent and more speed, let's start with that and take it from there. I feel a lot of fans are nervous after Sunday's game. (Sat's game was not that convincing either). Let's get off to a great start like we did in game1 and calm everything down once again.

Habs finished first for a reason. A few players need to step it up and once again we will be looking for the Pleks line to lead the way like they have done so well all season long.

Habs in 5!!! do it boys!!

Guest olddude

The Habs will win tonight, all that's required is a little more effort from everyone. It's not exactly like Boston hammered us or anything, they got a lucky break in O.T., when we were comming on strong and taking the play to them.

The boys know what is at stake and will respond, Pleks even says so.

"The last two games, I played like a little girl out there," Plekanec said Monday. "I definitely have to be hungrier, harder around the net and respond to the game a little better. Right now, obviously the confidence is not right where it should be for me. But one good shift can turn it around."

Plekanec wasn't buying the excuse that Koivu's absence has made it easier for the Bruins to focus on shutting down his line.

"We definitely miss Saku, but I don't think that changes anything for myself or my line," he said. "We were the best line all year against them, we scored a lot of goals in those eight games in the regular season. We had to expect they would go after us. We didn't respond yet, but we will."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234295&amp...s=headlines_nhl

Boston had their win, it's over for them now. ;)

GO HABS GO

Guest emma4903

heres hoping that carbo decides to change the lines up a little bit. obyrne maybe? and that we come out fast in the first and get the early lead to build on (that's right to build on not to sit back and play defensive)

wont be able to watch tonight (finals....dont know who decided they should be during playoffs) so cheer loud for me guys...should hopefully make it home to see the last period.

Guest Bud2790

Boston really deserved that last game. They keep shutting down our top lines and our PP. We definately need to adjust, because Boston adjusted to us after game 1, but we haven't done anything to counter they're neutral zone trap.

No offence, but when our 2 leading scorers are Bryan Smolinski and Tom Kostopoulos, something needs to change ( I love those 2 guys and I'm happy for them, but they are supposed to be the supporting cast of the team...the rest of the team shouldn't be the supporting cast around those 2!). Where's Kovalev (yes he had that huge goal in game2, but he's been invisible so far), Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn, Ryder, Higgins ?? They're pretty much a huge disapointement so far.

You'd expect thsoe guys to at least show up when we're on the PP...I mean we have 1 goal on 18 PP chances so far. Boston is the most penalized team so far in the playoffs, and we're supposed to have the top PP in the league. We definately miss Koivu in that aspect of the game, but that doesn't prevent the PP from working. Markov and Streit aren't taking shots from the point. Kovalev is always looking for that fancy little pass through 2 Boston players. What the hell, just take shots from the point and put someone in front of the net (Higgins is great at tipping in shots or taking the rebounds). If we could had capitalized only once in game 3, we would've won the game. I hope the coaches work on that.

As for the penalty kill, we were awfull through out the season (except for the last couple of weeks) and it shows that we greatly improved there, Boston is 1 for 14 on the PP. Price has really helped out in that department. And to say the ¾ of the city were after Gainey's head when he traded away Huet. So far, Price has been a wall in nets.

Guest HabSteve

We need O'Byrne in tonight

get rid of Dandenault or Brisebois, these guys havent played most of the season and we did fine..

Go Habs Go!!!!

Well and of course a PP that works

Could moving Kovalev to the point be a spark that helps it? That would put him out of Chara's sight..

Guest RockMtl

I'm not worried about the line-up tonight! I think we all agree that our Habs have been -just 'out of tune' in the last 2 games - NOT taking away credit to the Bruins for playing well and hard. This is where the coaching staff steps in to throw something new in - and of course the players to do their 60 minute thing.

The HABS are a BETTER team - they will show it tonight!!

HABS WIN!!!!!!!!

Guest concreteveins

Habs are due for a game like game 1. I expect a win and nothing else because when they go back home they'll definately win.

Habs have a pattern if some of you haven't noticed:

1) Play really well with everything clicking,

2) After the above they have defensive breakdowns,

3) After the above then they have offensive and defensive breakdowns

4) Back to consistency and it starts all over again.

Guest losthab

cmon habs! i am getting married sat i NEED this thing over thursday. If the goons win, how can i juggle my wedding responsibilities and watch the habs , cmon lets end this thing, stop messing around.

1. we have to use our skating abiltiy, the goons are out muking us on the boards.

2. higgins and ryder need to step up

3. stop giving up the blue line, i know the broons want to dump but we cant cheat and give up the zone, we have to stand up and then out race them if they dump in

Guest CanadianMike
cmon habs! i am getting married sat i NEED this thing over thursday. If the goons win, how can i juggle my wedding responsibilities and watch the habs , cmon lets end this thing, stop messing around.

1. we have to use our skating abiltiy, the goons are out muking us on the boards.

2. higgins and ryder need to step up

3. stop giving up the blue line, i know the broons want to dump but we cant cheat and give up the zone, we have to stand up and then out race them if they dump in

all the best with the wedding.

another reason Habs have to end this in 5.

GO HABS GO!!! Half the work day is over...we are getting closer to puck drop. :)

Archived