minikos-yn

who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• habs win
    • bruins win

Guest Habs_Mania
Trust us!!It's just you!!! :blink:

This year's #44 is far better than last year's #44. Thats why Gainey got him because he has a strong desire to win and makes the kind of plays like that blocked shot late in the 3rd.

Guest tacful

Did anyone notice Don Cherry was not on CBC last night? Did the CBC keep him off because of his very obvious pro bruins bias?

But even though he was off, Maclean and Hrudey still showed bias towards the bruins between periods. Maybe its not just Cherry but CBC as we all know they are very pro Toronto so like Toronto fans they are biased towards any team playing Montreal.

They are a very pitiful excuse for a National television system and need to go back to the old system where they showed Montreal one week and Toronto the next in the regular season. They will get their numbers back up by doing this. I for one do not watch HNIC anymore except when Montreal plays in the playoffs as it is the only channel I can see it on. I have to count on TSN in the regular season to see Montreal games.

Where or where did our offence go...The team the leaded the league in goals for... best PP%.... and nothing.If it was not for our grinder line (who plays ALOT OF MINUTES NOW, because there the only ones that have scoring chances) And Price (the man) we are down 3-1.If this team pulls up its pants and plays like the regular season, and SCORES some damn goals we are going to compete, if not, we are not gonna get past Pittsburg, because sorry, but having this much trouble with Boston we have no chance against pittsburg. Come on guys, wake up!!! We neee Koviu back!

Did anyone notice Don Cherry was not on CBC last night? Did the CBC keep him off because of his very obvious pro bruins bias? But even though he was off, Maclean and Hrudey still showed bias towards the bruins between periods. Maybe its not just Cherry but CBC as we all know they are very pro Toronto so like Toronto fans they are biased towards any team playing Montreal. They are a very pitiful excuse for a National television system and need to go back to the old system where they showed Montreal one week and Toronto the next in the regular season. They will get their numbers back up by doing this. I for one do not watch HNIC anymore except when Montreal plays in the playoffs as it is the only channel I can see it on. I have to count on TSN in the regular season to see Montreal games.
That is so not true, They where not Bias at all towards Boston, they where pointing out bostons strong points and how they kept controlling the game. If anyone, Maclean seems to LIKE montreal and Hrudey doesnt seem biased at all... But yes, without CHerry, its a much more fair broadcast...

Guest tacful

That is so not true, They where not Bias at all towards Boston, they where pointing out bostons strong points and how they kept controlling the game.

That supports what I was saying.

What about Montreal's strong points and what they were doing?

Oh, and Boston did not control the game...parts of it yes, but so did Montreal.

They also spent so much time on Savard and his stick both intermissions last night. It just seemed like too much of a carry over from what Cherry was doing.

Guest bigsby
wow, just finished watching the game (recorded it). My 2 cents. Strong game by montreal. I know, I know, we dont see the flash and pizazz that kinda defined us during the season. So what. We played a textbook road playoff game in a gritty, checking, bowl-you-over type game. We out fought the team that was supposed to be 'blue collar' and by the middle of the third we were basically controlling the play. We matched Boston hit for hit, and our forecheck was solid (as was theirs), we kept traffic to a minimum in front of Price and we moved the puck out of the zone well. My standouts for the night --

Price (proving to everyone that he is for real, I had been a doubter, I admit)

Higgins (the Boston announcers said "strong shift by Higgins" about 4 times, he was everywhere)

Hamrlik (smart and tough in our own end, experience is starting to show, he knows how to play the game)

A. Kosty (thought he was the best skater on his line, more or less made the goal scoring play himself)

The Grinders (Dandy, Smoke, Kosti, Begin) What have these guys done wrong? Thats my question, I see people calling one or another of these guys out and I dont get it. Not only did they almost score our 2nd goal, but they are playing great two way games, we dont expect any offense from these guys but they are creatign changes. Dandy has the playoff pedigree. I saw him back-check and break up about 3 solid Bruin's rushes, do you guys think Grabs or Ryder would be doing that....please.

good post. i agree with a lot of what you've said with a couple of exceptions:

the bruins came out flying - somehow they were faster in the first and got by our d on a few very scary occasions - but we are the faster team and eventually it started to show. by the second the bruins were worn out and only had spurts of that energy we saw in the first, thankfully. the habs managed to maintain their level of intensity the whole game. phew. that's one reason why we won. (price's exceptional vision and control is another)

i agree with your standout choices though i'd add that markov had his best game of the playoffs last night, imho. if he raises it just one more notch the goals will start to come.

akostitsyn was flying last night, i agree. and there were times when i felt sergei was doubleshifted. (he made some mistakes but he's definitely making things happen out there - he has to stop taking himself out of the play for a hit).

dandy also had his best game of the playoffs last night - and if anyone's been called out among those you've mentioned it's him. i don't think anyone's complained about the other three or at least i can't imagine why they would have been. they have been hands down our strongest and most effective line in the playoffs.

what a game! no one would like to see the bruins lose more than i would, but this is what playoff hockey should look like. the level of play is exceptional (if only we could score!!!). it was a nail-biter right down to the final buzzer. a game like that is the reason why people say, come playoff time the regular season doesn't matter, only in our case, imho, last night talent won out. :D

Guest dpolo
good post. i agree with a lot of what you've said with a couple of exceptions:

the bruins came out flying - somehow they were faster in the first and got by our d on a few very scary occasions - but we are the faster team and eventually it started to show. by the second the bruins were worn out and only had spurts of that energy we saw in the first, thankfully. the habs managed to maintain their level of intensity the whole game. phew. that's one reason why we won. (price's exceptional vision and control is another)

i agree with your standout choices though i'd add that markov had his best game of the playoffs last night, imho. if he raises it just one more notch the goals will start to come.

akostitsyn was flying last night, i agree. and there were times when i felt sergei was doubleshifted. (he made some mistakes but he's definitely making things happen out there - he has to stop taking himself out of the play for a hit).

dandy also had his best game of the playoffs last night - and if anyone's been called out among those you've mentioned it's him. i don't think anyone's complained about the other three or at least i can't imagine why they would have been. they have been hands down our strongest and most effective line in the playoffs.

what a game! no one would like to see the bruins lose more than i would, but this is what playoff hockey should look like. the level of play is exceptional (if only we could score!!!). it was a nail-biter right down to the final buzzer. a game like that is the reason why people say, come playoff time the regular season doesn't matter, only in our case, imho, last night talent won out. :D

I know a nice A. Kostitsyn's play led to the only Hab's goal but I think both brothers didn't have a good passing game. Their passing were off the mark, resulting in missing scoring chances.

Guest dpolo
I know a nice A. Kostitsyn's play led to the only Hab's goal but I think both brothers didn't have a good passing game. Their passing were off the mark, resulting in missing scoring chances.

Also, I could see the frustration on Kovy's face in the first period, I believe, after he got an elbow into his face from Chara and Kovy was holding himself from not retaliating. I don't know how the refs could miss that. I think the ref just let them play the old style and were not calling many penalties.

Guest bigsby

you're right but at least they were beating the trap with it - which is better than the last two games. i'm hoping that the confidence will come and then the chemistry and then the passing game will be back to normal.

Guest Innis_Mor
He's just being a Paul Maurice, I mean a LOSER. He's (Julien) a disgruntled ex-Hab coach.

Julien is impressing me with his coaching this series.

He is decidedly NOT impressing me with incessant whining.

I will say that Thomas is impressing me with his attitude. I am really impressed with what I have seen from him as a person. He never anything bad to say about anyone else, about the other team about his luck. He loved the Game 1 atmosphere created in Montreal, and wasn't afraid to say so. He's a good guy in my book; even if he plays for the other team.

Guest TOHABSfan16

I enjoy the fact that Tim Tomas thought the goal didn't go in because of all the cheering, not realizing a third of the building were Habs fans! :lol:

Guest bigsby
Julien is impressing me with his coaching this series.

He is decidedly NOT impressing me with incessant whining.

I will say that Thomas is impressing me with his attitude. I am really impressed with what I have seen from him as a person. He never anything bad to say about anyone else, about the other team about his luck. He loved the Game 1 atmosphere created in Montreal, and wasn't afraid to say so. He's a good guy in my book; even if he plays for the other team.

Innis! call him a good guy only after we've won the series! (it's all about the killer instinct in the playoffs!) :P

Guest 1stroundpick
and the 2nd and the 3rd and the 4th....Price needs to be a brick wall tonight.
He was more than a brick wall, he was a concrete wall. but great call & great respose from C.P. Canadiens Pride!
if the caps put the flyers out, we will face the outcome of the rangers/devils series (ottawa will not make it out of their series). here is my prediction for the 2nd round:philadelphia@montrealnyr@pittsburgh
I realy hope it happens this way!

Guest habsgal
We cannot play the Caps in the next round. There is 0% of chances that we could play them. If the Caps win, they face the Penguins. Even if the Caps win and the Penguins for some obscure reason should lose 4 straight to the Senaturds, the Caps would face another team than us, leaving us the said Senaturds.

The rule is simple, the 1st seed always face the lowest ranked seed in the playoffs until the conference final where they, obviously, have no choice...

Our possible opponents in the second round are : the Flyers, the Rangers or the Devils.

And the Pens can thank themselves for throwing away that last game of the regular season. :lol: - they will be in for a tougher series in round # 2. This is a great edge to the team that finishes first.

Guest habsgal

What a signing by Gainey in acquiring the Hammer. He has played and saved his best hockey while in a Habs uni. Souray who?

Oh my, I don't know what I'm anticipating more - the Habs to take out the teddy bears on Thursday or listening to that deafening crowd. It's a goosebump anxiety experience listening to that. :lol:

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB

GO HABS GO

Awesome game! A fight to the very last second. That is what is called play-off hockey. I'm glad that the HABS won the game. Complete team effort and another outstanding game by Mr. Price.

"Brule Who?" So glad that BG and company are running this team and not the inmates ... lol

Guest carey31price
GO HABS GO

Awesome game! A fight to the very last second. That is what is called play-off hockey. I'm glad that the HABS won the game. Complete team effort and another outstanding game by Mr. Price.

"Brule Who?" So glad that BG and company are running this team and not the inmates ... lol

What about the guys picked in front of Price...

Bobby Ryan? Jack Johnson? Benoit Poulliot?...

How many of you guys flipped when Montreal took Price over Brule?

Archived