The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal (1) Vs. Philadelphia (6)

Guest dritz123

Guest hatethoseleafs

Here's to an awesome round of hockey.

The Habs will play the role of flight inspectors and ground those Flyers in a hurry.

GO HABS

Guest TheFly

Philli may play physical, but if you thought Boston's defense was slow, wait until you see Philli's. I watched a lot of Philli games this year, they are a very sloppy team. They play almost the exact same style as Montreal, but they don't play as well as a team, their more about individual plays. If Montreal gets the puck deep they'll have absolutley no problem.

Philli is great at causing turnovers and odd-man rushes, if we play smart, and our d-men play a good and smart transition game we might take this is 6 maybe even 5, but we have to work hard!

Guest hatethoseleafs
GO HABS GO! Habs in 6! :D

Wouldnt that be the ultimate showdown. Habs Vs Pens in the finals. I get chills just thinking about that matchup. Lets hope they get by the Rangers ( but not too easily :P )

Guest HabSteve

should we be scared of a french canadian goalie coming to play here?

Don't think he has a great D in front of him, altought Timmonen and Coburn are a good pair

and Briere will know how Chara felt playing here :lol:

Guest Habsfan_aedm#10

Thanks for starting this thread Dritz!

This series is going to be better than the last! We haven't played Philly in ages in the playoffs and I'm looking forward to the variety. I think we're too fast for them and the near debacle we avoided has taught the younger players a lesson and how to win a series.

GO HABS GO!!

P.S> I really need to get me a sig. Anyone can point me in the right direction? TIA

Guest hatethoseleafs
Philli may play physical, but if you thought Boston's defense was slow, wait until you see Philli's. I watched a lot of Philli games this year, they are a very sloppy team. They play almost the exact same style as Montreal, but they don't play as well as a team, their more about individual plays. If Montreal gets the puck deep they'll have absolutley no problem.

Philli is great at causing turnovers and odd-man rushes, if we play smart, and our d-men play a good and smart transition game we might take this is 6 maybe even 5, but we have to work hard!

Let's not forget the Biron factor in this series. The flyers may be mismatched on D but we still have to get the puck past this guy. French goaltenders in Montreal can be scary good.

Guest The Mighty Penguin
Wouldnt that be the ultimate showdown. Habs Vs Pens in the finals. I get chills just thinking about that matchup. Lets hope they get by the Rangers ( but not too easily :P )

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for! The only thing is the Pens

can't seem to win in Montreal! :P

Guest hatethoseleafs
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for! The only thing is the Pens

can't seem to win in Montreal! :P

I would gladly concede all the games in Pittsburg if that remained the case. :lol::lol:

Guest TheFly
Let's not forget the Biron factor in this series. The flyers may be mismatched on D but we still have to get the puck past this guy. French goaltenders in Montreal can be scary good.

Biron has played as many playoff games as Price in the playoffs. If we play an east-west game, Biron will have a lot of trouble, you'll rarely beat him from point blank shots, vou got to get him moving. Also he has a very weak blocker side. The french thing works in the season, but he'll have extra pressure to win a playoff game in front of friends and family.

French goalies, didn't we send Brodeur home 3 times?

Guest flyeredup

Ahh finally we meet!~!~ Well done Habs nice sweeet win over the Bruins I loved it.

Now my Flyahs will play you.. and may the best team win..

P.S. Yo Penguinwless Phan.. May the Strangers dethrone Crosby Stills and not so Brash LOLOLO

Gooooo Flyahs!!! I am a Philly Phanatic of all Philly teams except the Phillies, I am a native Montrealer..

Guest dritz123

I would rather face Biron in this round than Lundquist -- I think Komisarek can neutralize Briere when we get that match-up and hopefully our forwards will crash there slow defense and put on a cycling clinic- Pleks, AK74, SK46 ,and Higgins will be the difference I think and hopefully O'Byrne will get some playing time- although I don't know which D I would sit in his place--Maybe Boullion for a game or two Hamrlik will also be a factor - hope he gets a lot of rest in the next few days--GO HABS GO

Guest hatethoseleafs
Ahh finally we meet!~!~ Well done Habs nice sweeet win over the Bruins I loved it.

Now my Flyahs will play you.. and may the best team win..

P.S. Yo Penguinwless Phan.. May the Strangers dethrone Crosby Stills and not so Brash LOLOLO

Gooooo Flyahs!!! I am a Philly Phanatic of all Philly teams except the Phillies, I am a native Montrealer..

That was an awesome win over Wash. for your team. Great game 7. Looking forward to this series and hope its tough but clean all the way through. Tell your guys to wear those neck braces so they dont get whiplash when the Habs blow by them :P:lol:

Guest cp491

Hello Habs fans, Flyers fan here. Obviously ecstatic over the win tonight, but I will admit that I'd much rather play the Rangers than the Habs. Obviously, the Flyers have not matched up well against the Habs this year, and you guys have an extremely balanced team. Not that I don't think my Flyers are capable of the win, because I do, but if I had to predict right now, I'd say Canadiens in 6. Regardless, it's the playoffs, and anything can happen. LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Guest The Mighty Penguin

Not likely to happen! :lol:

Guest flyeredup
Hello Habs fans, Flyers fan here. Obviously ecstatic over the win tonight, but I will admit that I'd much rather play the Rangers than the Habs. Obviously, the Flyers have not matched up well against the Habs this year, and you guys have an extremely balanced team. Not that I don't think my Flyers are capable of the win, because I do, but if I had to predict right now, I'd say Canadiens in 6. Regardless, it's the playoffs, and anything can happen. LET'S GO FLYERS!!!
Yeah I also concurr the Habs would be favored however... look what the 8th seed Bruins did..look at how the Caps played yet lost thankgod.. Gooo Flyahs!!! and you Habs fans are not hooligans, I know it was the anarchists that went wild. but in the west island of Montreal I thought my car would be attacked when I went to parade with the frenzy on Monday night. anyways.. Peace...
Not likely to happen! :lol:
figures my cross-state rival would be spying in here lol.. ps.. FLYERS REIGN SUPREME

Guest Innis_Mor

Carey Price, this season (= career) vs. Flyers:

• 3 games: 3W-0L, 1 shutout
  • 1.33 GAA
  • .961 save %
Marty Biron, only played the first game for Philly, a 5-2 Hab win (41 shots at Biron that game, which Huet won for Habs)

Guest Habsfan_aedm#10

Looks like the boards might heat up some with the Flyers fans here. Never a bad thing to have rivals come and visit. Good luck...you'll need it. :P

GO HABS GO!!

Guest Innis_Mor
Flyers are a better team than mid-season now, but still developing and learning (lots of young players). I think Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia are three teams that will just be even better in the next couple of seasons.

GO HABS GO !!

Habs #1 weapon?: Carey Price!!

Guest The Mighty Penguin
First thing to do :

Bang Hartnell a few shifts in a row to send a message that he won't get away dirty like he always does.

Someone on the Flyers board who was at the game said this:

After the game is over and both teams are at center ice shaking hands, Hartnell skates around the glass, laughing at the Caps fans and waiving bye-bye to them. Just a downright low class move which embarrased me as a Flyers fan. Being such a bad winner is just a bush league move.

If this is true, Hartnell's a real *ss!

Guest cp491
Flyers are a better team than mid-season now, but still developing and learning (lots of young players). I think Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia are three teams that will just be even better in the next couple of seasons.GO HABS GO !!Habs #1 weapon?: Carey Price!!
That's a great observation. They are a much different team now then they were when these two teams played earlier. Healthier, too. I still think the Habs are the better team, but they will get in trouble if they overlook the Flyers. If they can be consistent and Biron has a good series, they can certainly make it interesting.
Someone on the Flyers board who was at the game said this:If this is true, Hartnell's a real *ss!
I know you from the Flyers boards, I'm goflyers412.

Archived