The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2, Game 1: Philadelphia @ Montreal | Apr. 24 2008 | Final: 4-3 Habs (1st OT)

Guest minikostitsyn all the way

montrealvsflyers.jpg

goalies!!!
habs:
carey price!!!
careypriceisawesome.jpg
flyers:
martin biron
img.55382_t.jpg
habs leader in points:
sergei kostitsyn!!!!!!!!!
sergeimontreal.jpg

gohabsgo-1.jpg

Guest moe181

Woooo game day thread...

Well folks here's my personal opinion on this next series.... get ready for Boston II. (and no that's not a good thing)

Phily is a physical style team, that can dish out some big hits, however ONE big difference between the Bruins and phily, Boston is a defense team, while philly is an offense team! This should be to our advantage, if we take it to their d-man all series long there is no reason we won't be able to score.

Our shut down guys on the other hand are going to have to be huge, Komi needs to be on Briere like glue on... paper and I expect Markov to have an overall better series.

Anyways, that's all for now... I hope carbo doesn't wear the tie in game 1, we need that for do or die situations :P

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

I expect to see some games that are low scoring with goalies standing on their heads but also a few where the goals just keep on coming.

Should be a fantastic series and the one I was hoping for.

Philly has a weak defense and strong offense. So catch the offense pushing too deep and then get those transistions rushes towards Biron.

I CAN'T WAIT! GO HABS GO!

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking

In my math textbook, they asked something about the Leafs. [The Textbook is of course, written in Ontario!] So I wrote.

"Leafs Suck" beside the question. After we lost a couple games, I was like "Zomg Erase, Bad Karma!" Then we win the next day, and eliminated the Booins!

I wish I could've left it there though :( Sounds like I was destroying school property, but there is a LOT of stuff way worse than "Leafs Suck" written in some textbooks. :lol:

Guest Onzeee

we get a 2nd chance here now a fresh start, the defense has to be a ton better and the pp has to come alive. Philly isnt Boston they can score goals thats why our d men have to be that much better.

hope we have learned from last series that we cannot get into a physical battle because we just cannot win, we have to stick to our plan which is to use our great speed and push the puck straight forward.

Guest BIGGSX

This'll be my last post guys, so enjoy the rest of the playoffs. I'll be focusing my attention on the Sox and the Celtics.

As a Boston fan I don't know who to root for. I hate Philly almost as much as the Habs. I'll be rooting for a Pittsburgh/Avalanch finals.

Guest Habs_Mania

Big thanks to minikostitsyn all the way for making a nice thread this soon :-). I'm so happy the Slowers beat the Craps today. I'm glad we no longer have Huet. Man, Phili is a very slow team and the only reason they won is because Biron carried them on his back. We have to go into this series with the same work ethic and attitude we had against Boston in games 1 and 7. In those 2 games we used our speed and hitting ability to win. Biron won't be god on steroids every night. The hostile Bell Centre crowd will chew Briere to pieces.

Guest mike hawk
This'll be my last post guys, so enjoy the rest of the playoffs. I'll be focusing my attention on the Sox and the Celtics.

As a Boston fan I don't know who to root for. I hate Philly almost as much as the Habs. I'll be rooting for a Pittsburgh/Avalanch finals.

ok, so what???do you think we really care???bye bye ! i hope both sox and celtics loose !

Guest Komi4MVP

Bring on the Cookie Monster because he'll be caught stealing by Jesus Price!

Anyway, I expect to be a very physical and entertaining series! Welcome to all the Flyers fans to the boards! :P

Guest Bruin Fan 4

if I may be so bold as to give my prediction now ...

Habs in 5, this series won't be pretty, that's for sure :angry:

Watch out for Downie #27 ... he's dirty !!

GO HABS GO

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
if I may be so bold as to give my prediction now ...

Habs in 5, this series won't be pretty, that's for sure :angry:

Watch out for Downie #27 ... he's dirty !!

GO HABS GO

No worries we'll put 74 on him, he has a mean streak too!

Guest spankydriscoll
ok, so what???do you think we really care???bye bye ! i hope both sox and celtics loose !

this is why i don't post on this board anymore... thanks for wasting space. are you like 14 years old?

Guest TOP_SHELF

K i think we will have an easier time againts Philly then Boston. Shut down Briere and who ever else can score on that team and we should be fine. Their D sucks so our offense shouldn't have that much trouble. Go Habs Go

Let's not think that Philly will be too easy! We thought Boston would be Easy as well...I guess we will wait and see, however I do think that the Habs will take it in 5 or 6.

Guest recchi_8

this series will have alot to do with how well each team fairs with their pp...both teams had a great percentage in the regular season. habs must start clicking cause philly is undisciplined and will be in the box a hell of alot..we must capitalize and bury them early.

Guest scarface

well we certainly seem to have a better track record against philly than playing the that pest avery and the rangers,lol!!.this series will be all speed i think, and it will again be a goalie game

the flyers can and will be tuff,thats for sure. we'll see tomorrow night.

good luck habs!!

Guest Bruin Fan 4
No worries we'll put 74 on him, he has a mean streak too!

thanks for the 'youtube' Freddybeach Hab ................ WOW, I hadn't seen that hit ... I didn't follow Downie at all after he was traded to Kitchener.

And you're right, #74 will have no troubles with #27 .... who IMO will probably spend a great deal of time in the SIN BIN because he has no sense of discipline at all and can not control his emotions.

ONE MORE SLEEP .................... GO HABS GO

Guest ryanrdt
I expect to see some games that are low scoring with goalies standing on their heads but also a few where the goals just keep on coming.

So exactly like the Boston series?

Archived