The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Biggest Blockbuster Of The Summer?

Wayne-1

biggest blockbuster this summer  

64 members have voted

1. 1. which film will have the biggest box office or will be the best movie (your choice)

• Iron Man
    • Speed Racer
    • The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    • Sex and the City: The Movie
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • Kung Fu Panda
    • Get Smart
    • Hellboy II: The Golden Army
    • The Dark Knight
    • Mamma Mia!
    • Step Brothers
    • The X-Files: I Want to Believe
    • The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    • other

haven't seen the dark night yet. Wall-e was pretty good, even though its technically a kids movie, but pixar usually does really well with its movies i find. They're still pretty entertaining even for adults (who are young at heart i guess lol), indiana jones everyone told me they were dissapointed. Pretty sure the batman movie will take it, even though i haven't seen it yet (will soon). X-files could be up there but i guess it'll depend on the reviews. i used to watch the show so i would be interested to see the movie if it gets decent reviews.

haven't seen the dark night yet. Wall-e was pretty good, even though its technically a kids movie, but pixar usually does really well with its movies i find. They're still pretty entertaining even for adults (who are young at heart i guess lol), indiana jones everyone told me they were dissapointed. Pretty sure the batman movie will take it, even though i haven't seen it yet (will soon). X-files could be up there but i guess it'll depend on the reviews. i used to watch the show so i would be interested to see the movie if it gets decent reviews.

Wall-e was pretty good and I think most adults would enjoy it even thought its for kids. Im really looking forward to X-Files as well but the fact that Xibit is in the movie might make me not want to see it.

I would say the Dark Knight was ok. It was a little long in my opinion and I had a problem with some of the things that were done with the plot. I also would be interested to see if the reaction to Ledger's performance would be different had he not passed away.

• 2 weeks later...

i just came back from watching the dark knight and i have to say that it lived up to the expectations...

ledger was great, as well as the guy who played two-face, and kaine and freeman performed at their usual level...

action sequences were excellent as well...

batman begins and the dark knight finally clearly stated what batman movies should be...

hopefully, not a single val-kilmer-and-george-clooney-like batman movie will ever again see the light of day

Hopefully the Dark Knight can take the crown but Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is gonna be hard to beat though with the worldwide gross at: $741,424,870.

Will see what happens, the dark knight is definitely a better film to me.

lol i thought 750 million was a lot for 70 days in theater, but it looks like it's nothing :lol:

Dark Knight racked up 600 million in 17 days.

I saw Dark Knight last week and am still in awe. Although that wore off when I went to The Eagles concert last Saturday night in Moncton N.B. Sam Roberts, John Fogerty, then The Eagles... what a night!!

Anyway... back on topic, I don't think they will be able to find another actor to play the Joker if they do another Batman movie because not many actors would want to try to follow the performance of Heath Ledger. Everyone's attempt will forever be compared to Ledger's. Start engraving his name on Oscar right now.

• 3 weeks later...

i saw iron man, the incredible hulk, getsmart, and the dark knight in theatres this summer (and i'm sure more but i can't remember) but the dark knight was by far the best. that movie was AMAZING!!!!!! when i saw iron man i thought it was the best superhero movie i ever saw, the hulk was right up there, too (but not quite as good) but the dark knight just absolutely obliterated them all... it was so amazing

Archived