The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hockey Rituals

buddyralph

Guest HabsFanInRI

i was wondering if anyone had any hockey rituals they do for games. i can't shave or cut fingernails the days of games b/c i feel that the habs will lose. i also wear a shirt of a player that i believe needs to really shine in that game. for instance if i feel that the habs need defense i'll wear Komisarek or Markov, offense i'll wear Koivu or Kovalev, goaltending Price obviously.

does anyone else do weird stuff like that?

Guest FlHabsFan

Being a little OCD, I try not to do a ritual. But if I do, I usually listen to hockey songs (goal song, the ole song, good ol hockey game, etc) on my way too and from work. If its a real tough game, I wear my jersey, t-shirt, and cap with pins in it.

Right now, at work I have a Bob Gainey puck on my desk, but (and dont hate me) I have it face down. I did that when I was mad at him for trading Cris. But since then, both teams have done really well. So im afraid to put it back in its case. (Yeah, even though the caps lost, I still think Cris did well)

And speaking of jerseys. I need to get a new one. But I cant decide if I want Komisarek or Higgins. If we win the cup, it will be a Stanley (25) jersey, though =)

Guest hatethoseleafs

Never had any major ones to speak of in the past however i do have a new one now. I wont watch the game on CBC anymore. RDS is the way to go. I watched 2 games in the Boston series on CBC as a courtesy to a couple of English only friends i had over for the game ( they lost both) but i've warned them that i wont be extending that curtesy any longer. They watched the last one with me on RDS and thought it was great. ;)

Guest King-Carey-31

I like to go bike riding on game day, we are 17-0 when i do it......dono if that is coincidence or whatever, but i'll go until im below .500

Guest 8_Komisarek_8

I NEVER mention the word "Shutout" before or during the game lol,only because out of the 4-5 times I talked about it with friends during games the other team scores right after.Then I get punched in the arms for saying it lol.

And I always watch what I say,so I don't Jinx the team.Sounds weird but it seems to work 90% of the time!

Guest CristoWallHuet39

If I'm going to the game, I wear my Habs jersey the whole day.

I drink out of a Habs mug I have on the day of any game, if i remember to. We win more often when I do.

I wear a Habs player t-shirt when I watch the game on TV.

I don't shave my face during the playoffs, but my neck gets itchy, so I still shave it.

Archived