The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2, Game 2: Philadelphia @ Montreal | Apr. 26 2008 | Final: 4-2 Philadelphia

ryan_go_habs

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Small but great looking opening post! Thanks for getting this thread going...

I can't wait for this game. The Habs have shown numerous time why there were so successful this year and if Montreal can just skate for the entire game, they will overwhelm the Flyers defensively.

SO SKATE HARD! SCORE GOALS! AND WIN GAME 2!

GO HABS GO!

Guest WindsorHab#10

Sweeping the Bruins & Flyers in the regular season is what's keeping our team from really going out there and playing their game. Aside from game 1 and game 7 of the Boston series, the Habs seem content to just bring in their average game or so it seems. I'd love to see a total effort tomorrow night from beginning to end and hopefully dispose of the Flyers as quickly as possible because I think the Pens/Rangers series has the potential to go all the way.

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking

Don Cherry was defending the Habs on the Police car burning issue

*gasp*

I never thought I'd see it.. he was also wearing a Habs tie. :o :o :o

Guest lfrommtl

I just got back from philly where i watched our habs beat the flyers in a bar full of flyers fans.

best time of my life.

win this one guys.

GO HABS GO

Guest blankoninyo

Had it not been for some lucky bounces by philly on thursday. We dominate that game, we hit 3 or 4 posts. This game if those posts deflect in, and philly's bounces deflect out we dominate. Im just glad we escaped game 1 with a win. Let's not philly get a win based on lucky bounces tomorrow night GO HABS GO!

Guest Habs_Mania

Would be great going into Phili on Monday up 2-0 in the series. The boys have to come out strong in the 1st again like last game and not let up. Keep the forecheck going, draw some PPs and stay out of the box. The Bell Centre crowd should keep Biron distracted. Price will be stellar.

Guest d80jcrant

I would like to see Carbo tweak the lines a bit tonight. Here is what I would like to see. You have to keep all the players fresh and game ready. Also a little competition never hurts.

My opinion for Habs lineup for game two. I would like to get Stewart in there but...No room

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Latendresse- Lapierre - Ryder

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Streit

Price

Scratches: Grabovski, Stewart, , Dandenault, Brisebois, Gorges

Guest nsminc

Hell of a day today.

I'm about to load up the truck for work,then the gym,then the game and then midniight mass as it's my Easter.

I'll ty and squeeze in the time to put Guy's name and number on my 25 year old still in perfect condition Habs jersey.

I'd like to remind all members, whether Habs fans or Flyers fans, to stay respectful of each other and of the rival team tonight. Friendly jabs and good-natured ribbing are permitted, but bashing, obscene language, and mean-spirited taunting are not. Let's all work together to ensure that tonight's game thread is a fun place to be for fans of both teams.

Guest cp491

Well, this is an extremely important game from the Flyers. I don't think the difference from 2-0 to 1-1 could be any bigger. 2-0 and the Flyers would have to win 4 of the next 5 against the Habs, which I don't see happening. 1-1 and the Flyers have the momentum going back to Philly. I really don't have a feeling on this game. I don't think it's going to go to overtime, or even be a an extremely tight team. I think the Flyers showed in the last game that they can play with, and play better than the Habs, and that the crowd (although very loud) doesn't really affect or intimidate them.

Flyers 4

Montreal 2

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Guest minikostitsyn all the way
:D GO HABS GO!!!!!!! :D
Flyers 4Montreal 2LET'S GO FLYERS!!!
i never heard a better joke then that!nice joke!u should get gold medal on that one

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Can't wait for game time tonight, should be another great one!

Hope the Habs are ready to skate and skate fast because they will overwhelm the Flyers if they do!

GO HABS GO! GO WIN GAME TWO!

Guest WindsorHab#10
Well, this is an extremely important game from the Flyers. I don't think the difference from 2-0 to 1-1 could be any bigger. 2-0 and the Flyers would have to win 4 of the next 5 against the Habs, which I don't see happening. 1-1 and the Flyers have the momentum going back to Philly. I really don't have a feeling on this game. I don't think it's going to go to overtime, or even be a an extremely tight team. I think the Flyers showed in the last game that they can play with, and play better than the Habs, and that the crowd (although very loud) doesn't really affect or intimidate them.

Flyers 4

Montreal 2

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Hey Bud, lets be real for once. Your team's first 2 goals were scored by Patrice Brisebois, 1st one a deflection off his stick and the 2nd as Brisebois screened Price. Only reason you guys were in the game. No disrespect to you and your team, I think the Habs, when playing their game, are tough to beat. Therefore I see us grabbing a 2-0 series lead. Good luck in Philly.

Guest cp491
Hey Bud, lets be real for once. Your team's first 2 goals were scored by Patrice Brisebois, 1st one a deflection off his stick and the 2nd as Brisebois screened Price. Only reason you guys were in the game. No disrespect to you and your team, I think the Habs, when playing their game, are tough to beat. Therefore I see us grabbing a 2-0 series lead. Good luck in Philly.

Why so offended that I pick the Flyers to win? The first goal was set up by a beautiful pass by Umberger, which, if Brissebois didn't tap it in, would've gone over to Throesen who would've put it in the empty net. Briesebois screened Price? Do you give an excuse for every goal? That was a great shot by Dowd, enough said. I see us knotting this at 1-1.

Guest Godfather
Why so offended that I pick the Flyers to win? The first goal was set up by a beautiful pass by Umberger, which, if Brissebois didn't tap it in, would've gone over to Throesen who would've put it in the empty net. Briesebois screened Price? Do you give an excuse for every goal? That was a great shot by Dowd, enough said. I see us knotting this at 1-1.

Whooooooa there bud, first of all don't forget where price was positioned on that play..he was on the opposite side of the net watching your boy Throeson the defencemen brisbois was meant to take umberger. The fact you think was an automatic goal if it made it across to the guy where price was actually was standing makes me shake my head at you, your other goal was re-directed of a skate no it was not a kick in but he held his skate out long enuff to direct it in he knew what he was doing the goal where you guys actually shot it where it was meant to go was a good goal...so i give you 1 deserved goal out of the 3, you guys were lucky montreal played that bad anywayz.

Secondly, i hope both teams bring it we all know the habs played a horrible game last time and we know they should come out strong like they are supposed to as opposed to philly they have to be better than last time otherwise it's gonna be a quick series.

I don't expect this one to go into O.T however if philly brings there game like they were supposed to last time im sure this is gonna be entertaining to watch, just a note i thot youz should pay attention to watch philly when they cross our blue line they will shoot rather than dump it in because of their frustration of not bein able to get passed the dee so ytour going to see alot of wild shots and hail marys from them this game.

As for the habs if they aint lazy his time expect them to be explosive the 1st period with solid passing and big hitting and they will score a goal 5 mins in.

Archived