The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

When Will Chicago And Toronto Win Another Cup?

Late-Apex

Guest Late Apex

Since it's been over 40 years for both teams since they last hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup, when do you think they will next do it? Both clubs came close in the early 90's, but have since falllen on hard times. It took the Rangers and Red Wings 40 some years to overcome their cup miseries as well, so maybe it's time to start thinking that once of these clubs will win one sometime soon.

The LA Kings are also at 40 years and have never won it.

My prediction: Chicago will hoist the Cup within the next 5 years. They have some exiting young players, and the front office looks like a professional organization.

Toronto and Los Angeles are probably 7-10 years away, unless they get a smart GM who can turn them around quicker.

Guest hatethoseleafs
Since it's been over 40 years for both teams since they last hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup, when do you think they will next do it? Both clubs came close in the early 90's, but have since falllen on hard times. It took the Rangers and Red Wings 40 some years to overcome their cup miseries as well, so maybe it's time to start thinking that once of these clubs will win one sometime soon.

The LA Kings are also at 40 years and have never won it.

My prediction: Chicago will hoist the Cup within the next 5 years. They have some exiting young players, and the front office looks like a professional organization.

Toronto and Los Angeles are probably 7-10 years away, unless they get a smart GM who can turn them around quicker.

TORONTO,,,,,, NEVER AGAIN :P:P:P

Guest Jackquillen

Ahhh hahahah You guys shouldn't be so harsh on the teams! Toronto didn't do as bad this year as they usually do!!! They might have a cup in the next 40 years that they play!!! :blink:

As for Chicago...well to be honest I don't track the team as much as I should so I don't know how well they played this year, they did have a few good players though! No more then five years and they'll have a cup in their hands!!

;):P

Guest Godfather

Chicago is well on there way next season depending if they pick up a veteran dee and toews is healthy and they trade khabibulin i could see them goin to the playoffs...if they get an elite scorer i can see them goin deep.

Guest Lafleurfan2

If the Canadiens and Rangers don't win the cup next 7 -10 years it would be nice to see Chicago , La or Toronto. A lot better than Phoenix , Tampa , Nashvile , Carolina ect.

Guest Habs_Mania

Chicago is building depth with youth which is the way to win cups these days. Toronto always takes a backwards approach therefore it will be at least another 40 years til they win another cup.

If the Canadiens and Rangers don't win the cup next 7 -10 years it would be nice to see Chicago , La or Toronto. A lot better than Phoenix , Tampa , Nashvile , Carolina ect.
Toronto is too much of a pathetic excuse for a professional sports franchise to win the glory. They're an embarrasment to the sport and to the country. They should not be allowed to sport the maple leaf on their jersey.

Guest Late Apex
Chicago is well on there way next season depending if they pick up a veteran dee and toews is healthy and they trade khabibulin i could see them goin to the playoffs...if they get an elite scorer i can see them goin deep.

Yes, they seem to lack a veteran on the blue line. I think it's great for the Chicago fans that they can finally see the games on televison. Hard to understand that the previous owner who passed away believed that games on televsion held down ticket sales.

Well, Chicago and LA are both much further in their rebuilding process then Toronto, these teams have been very bad for a while, and drafted elite young talent Chicago has Toews, Kane, Barker, Seabrook, Keith, Skille and LA has kids like Kopitar, O'Sullivan (Jack) Johnson, Bernier, Hickey and another top 3 pick on the way.

Toronto has all the resources to hire an elite GM, who should in all likelihood totally rip it apart, they have OK young depth guys, but no one coming through the system who will be an elite player. So they are a LONG ways away, because before the rebuilding phase can truly start they need to A. get a GM and B. let some of the restrictive contracts they have run out.

Right now, Chicago and LA are both a whole lot closer to be cup contenders then Toronto.

Guest Late Apex
Well, Chicago and LA are both much further in their rebuilding process then Toronto, these teams have been very bad for a while, and drafted elite young talent Chicago has Toews, Kane, Barker, Seabrook, Keith, Skille and LA has kids like Kopitar, O'Sullivan (Jack) Johnson, Bernier, Hickey and another top 3 pick on the way.

Toronto has all the resources to hire an elite GM, who should in all likelihood totally rip it apart, they have OK young depth guys, but no one coming through the system who will be an elite player. So they are a LONG ways away, because before the rebuilding phase can truly start they need to A. get a GM and B. let some of the restrictive contracts they have run out.

Right now, Chicago and LA are both a whole lot closer to be cup contenders then Toronto.

There have been rumors that the Leafs are going to go after Steve Yzerman for the GM spot, but his would seem to make too much sense for the Leafs to hire Yzerman. Stevie has been learning the GM ins and outs from Ken Holland for the past couple of years, but I don't see Stevie's future with the Leafs.

Chicago: Within 5 years, I'd say. They've got a decent core built, and need 3 or 4 more pieces to complete the puzzle. They deserve one too. They're going to make things really interesting in the Central Division before too long.

Leafs: If they can ever get out of the "butts are in seats at the ACC, who cares if we win or lose" mentality, they can build a cup contender in 10 years. If not, well, look at the past 41 years.

. Toronto always takes a backwards approach therefore it will be at least another 40 years til they win another cup.Toronto is too much of a pathetic excuse for a professional sports franchise to win the glory. They're an embarrasment to the sport and to the country. They should not be allowed to sport the maple leaf on their jersey.

Toronto needs help....

They need a telethon.

and a prayer book .:P

Toronto needs some work, allthogh based on philly qiuck fixes seem to be working.

I think Philly will be a rare case to turn things around that fast. Many of their problems from last season were caused by injuries and bad goaltending. Don't get me wrong there was clearly a lot of good moves made by Philly, and hats off to the turn around, but I don't think you can expect other franchises to do things that fast.

I think teams like Boston, Chicago, and Washington's improvements are probably more realistic for other teams to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

well Toronto might win when they go to tim hortons and buy a "roll up to win cup" and actually win.

Obviously joking here. Im pretty sure toronto will win a stanley cup within the next 15-20 years. And chicago is probably closer then the leafs.

Archived