The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 | Game 3 | Montreal V Philadelphia | 4-28-08 | 7:00 Pm

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

Guest habsrule4eva3089

Price being outgoaled 2 straight games... never has happened and never will. This kid will pitch a shutout next game , and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in Montreal goes out for chicken wings after the game, you can only give us so many oppurtunities

Guest SKostitsyn74
Okay I'm glad I made you laugh so hard. The facts are, the Flyers have scored 7 goals on him in 2 games. That's considered getting to him.

For the 7 goals in the game...Can I remember you the Bruins scored 10 in 2 games...

You're 7 goals mean nothing at this point..PRice proof that he is able to get back on is feet after leting stupid goal like he does against the Flyer..

Guest cp491
For the 7 goals in the game...Can I remember you the Bruins scored 10 in 2 games...

You're 7 goals mean nothing at this point..PRice proof that he is able to get back on is feet after leting stupid goal like he does against the Flyer..

7 goals in 2 games mean a lot, no matter how you want to spin it. I'm sure he can play a lot better, but he hasn't yet...

Guest SKostitsyn74
7 goals in 2 games mean a lot, no matter how you want to spin it. I'm sure he can play a lot better, but he hasn't yet...

Not for Price, it was game 1 and 2...Against Boston it was game 5 and 6...If that doesn't mean more than game 1 and 2...

But Price bounce back at the important moment and save us.. He just play bad in the two first game, but he never new 3 bad games in a row..And He prove it again against Boston, he know how to get back on he's feet

if 10 goals had means nothing against Boston, what about 7 against you ? ... The two last game look as the same as game 5 and 6 against Boston for me...We play bad and get what we deserve...But it will certainly turn..The luck with the refs and the goal...

Guest ChiLla

If I recall correctly, the Habs only scored one goal less on Biron than the Flyers did on Price - so how much does that mean?

Biron had a great night yesterday, no doubt, and his team owns him for the victory. But considering how many shots went wide and hit the goal posts, it's kinda obvious that the Habs' inability to capitalize on their chances largely contributed to the outcome of the game, not Biron's performance alone. As for Price, you're right, he has yet to come up with a strong performance against the Flyers.

Habs got lucky in the first match, equalizing late and scoring the OT winner so quickly. Yesterday, the Habs actually outplayed the Flyers and everyone in the building saw that. That's hockey, that's why we're all watching the sport. From my point of view, the Habs got what it takes to win at least one game in Philly. My prediction is we'll be back at the bell centre with the series still tied.

Guest ChiLla
if 10 goals had means nothing against Boston, what about 7 against you ? ... The two last game look as the same as game 5 and 6 against Boston for me...We play bad and get what we deserve...But it will certainly turn..The luck with the refs and the goal...

It don't think we played bad yesterday, we generated more scoring chances than in game 5 and 6 against the Bruins together. We failed to take advantage of it and - again - the Flyers had no business taking the 2-0 lead.

What I don't understand is what role the refs had to play with our loss yesterday. I actually think they had the game under control. Yes, there were a few ugly scenes hon both sides but well, it's playoff hockey.

Guest cp491
If I recall correctly, the Habs only scored one goal less on Biron than the Flyers did on Price - so how much does that mean?

Biron had a great night yesterday, no doubt, and his team owns him for the victory. But considering how many shots went wide and hit the goal posts, it's kinda obvious that the Habs' inability to capitalize on their chances largely contributed to the outcome of the game, not Biron's performance alone. As for Price, you're right, he has yet to come up with a strong performance against the Flyers.

Habs got lucky in the first match, equalizing late and scoring the OT winner so quickly. Yesterday, the Habs actually outplayed the Flyers and everyone in the building saw that. That's hockey, that's why we're all watching the sport. From my point of view, the Habs got what it takes to win at least one game in Philly. My prediction is we'll be back at the bell centre with the series still tied.

I mostly agree with you, but Biron has faced more shots, and really did have a terrific game yesterday...

Guest AlSwearengen
lol so true.... like im just tired of the team not showing up. we complete outplayed IMO, but i swear these flyers must be the luckiest team right now.

Luckiest team? You have to be kidding me....The Flyers SHOULD be up 2-0 in this series going back to Philly...If it wasnt for that illegal goal that was allowed in game 1.

al

Guest mike hawk

ill say it once again to all the trolls on our site , we were the best team yesterday , and tomorrow we are gonna win in your town, like all the games this year!! enjoy your last series! ;)

Guest mike hawk
Luckiest team? You have to be kidding me....The Flyers SHOULD be up 2-0 in this series going back to Philly...If it wasnt for that illegal goal that was allowed in game 1.

al

yeah, like the one you had with huet on game 7th last series???you guys are VERY LUCKY to have a chance to play against us ! ;)

Guest PHILLY_Hockey

Greek Hab,

I don't have a problem with the hit after the whistle ... just as long as Kostopoulos doesn't mind Hatcher's elbow sandwiching his head between the glass tomorrow.

Let the score be settled on the ice, not by the refs and not in a discussion forum.

Flyers Fans: Some of you seem to have missed this rule when you joined the forum. I will post it here for you as a reminder

If you are a fan of a rival NHL team, you will not attempt to antagonize Canadiens fans. This is the Montreal Canadiens site and Canadiens fans have a right to a place where they can discuss the team amongst themselves in peace. Biased viewpoints should be expected, so if you must respond, please do so in a respectful manner.

Of course there will be bias views here, this is the Montreal Canadiens Fan Forum.

Habs Fans: If you see a post that is breaking the rules don't respond to it. Report it and the Mods will deal with it. Also DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Guest bakanekimiwa
Flyers Fans: Some of you seem to have missed this rule when you joined the forum. I will post it here for you as a reminder

If you are a fan of a rival NHL team, you will not attempt to antagonize Canadiens fans. This is the Montreal Canadiens site and Canadiens fans have a right to a place where they can discuss the team amongst themselves in peace. Biased viewpoints should be expected, so if you must respond, please do so in a respectful manner.

Of course there will be bias views here, this is the Montreal Canadiens Fan Forum.

Habs Fans: If you see a post that is breaking the rules don't respond to it. Report it and the Mods will deal with it. Also DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

apologies if i come across as a troll. i am not a troll. i would like to discuss hockey, specifically the series with the flyers with knowledgeable fans of the game. so far, i have not had that discussion.. more of a debate about sucker punches. but, i'm open to any and all real hockey discussion here about the series.

and oh yeah.. go flyers! ;)

Guest keithman
apologies if i come across as a troll. i am not a troll. i would like to discuss hockey, specifically the series with the flyers with knowledgeable fans of the game. so far, i have not had that discussion.. more of a debate about sucker punches. but, i'm open to any and all real hockey discussion here about the series.

yea i don't think you have. no worries.

people labelled me a troll on philly board but i really hadn't done anything. so i stopped going there.

anyways

just came back from game 2....despite the loss, it was WAYYY too much fun.

Guest Goodtown

Good tempo last game, let's hope they bring it to this one and pot some of those empty net shots!

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Guest SKostitsyn74

just Get a New Start !

So Welcome on our board ! =) If you want to speak about hockey, I'm open ! But Sorry I'm not really good in english but if you don't worry, let's talk !

Guest propylée

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

The above paragraph is from the Flyers forum. Why do we have to stand Flyers Fans who are not allowed to proceed the way they do on their forum, on our forum.

for those who wants to speak to Flyers fan, here is the address:

http://forums.philadelphiaflyers.com

For all the others, let's talk about hockey !

Guest propylée
this is a pretty interesting take on us flyers fans, if any of you are interested. yes.. philly fans can go overboard sometimes.. but so can any teams fans. like that guy who dumped a beer on richards in the sinbin. ;)

In 50 years of watching hockey in Montreal, it is the 1st time I can remember a beer dumped on a player from an opponent team. But hey. Richards tried to injure Kovalev a few seconds before. I call that looking for trouble... By the way, you, Philadelphia Flyers fans, can only defend your own poor behaviors by talking about non related behaviors from others. So poor.

Guest 77Bourque77

al

i cant even count the amount of times where biron has made a save, and right after that the puck either bounces over our players sticks, or hits the post right after, or have it trickel threw him only to be cleared away.

good defence?

meh. its a little bit of that

the habs not being able to put the puck in the net?

absoutly, but so far none of the bounces have gone our way, which IMO makes them lucky.

Guest bakanekimiwa
i cant even count the amount of times where biron has made a save, and right after that the puck either bounces over our players sticks, or hits the post right after, or have it trickel threw him only to be cleared away.

good defence?

meh. its a little bit of that

the habs not being able to put the puck in the net?

absoutly, but so far none of the bounces have gone our way, which IMO makes them lucky.

it can't be all chalked up to bad luck. the bounces have not gone the habs way because philly is pressing the play. biron did play out of his mind.. probably his best game as a flyer. if not, actually, his best game. but, it wasn't a bad bounce out of price's glove.. umberger knocked it out.. a perfectly legit play.

maybe the habs are gripping their sticks too tight cause plekanetz had a yawning goal, but credit biron for flashing the leather.

before this series, i thought the habs were, hands down, the better team. i would have been happy to have won one game. but, after watching these 2 games... i have nothing but confidence the flyers will win the series now. i'm not sure why, but the faster team(the habs) do not looks all that faster. the, supposedly, better gloalie(price) does not look better.

these are not bad bounces.. these are solid reasons why. it was more than just my feeling that montreal stole the first game. again.. not luck.. they won it.. and we lost it. but, they didn't outplay the flyers for 60 min. they outplayed them for a few critical minutes.

Archived