The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 | Game 3 | Montreal V Philadelphia | 4-28-08 | 7:00 Pm

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

Guest Habs_Mania

CBC aired game 5 of the 93 finals tonite in HD. brought back great memories, and was great watching a game from the old forum in such a great picture. I didn't realize how big it was, it sat 17,959 which is more than several buildings have today including the brand new prudential center.

ANYWAY, big game tonite. Need to regain the series lead and do them in, in their building. I'd like to see them play a full 60 minutes like they did in game 2. Shut up the Wachovia Center crowd early on.

You will lose this series ! These forum rules are for babies. If you cant take criticism, then you shouldnt be a sports fan. Canadien fans can come on our forum and post whatever they want. They still cant get over Briere(a Canadien)coming to Philly instead of his beloved Montreal. Just imagine this team with another Canadien in Gagne healthy. YOu will lose this series in 6 games unless the refs steal another one from us because it is a fact you cant get a call as an American team in Canada especially Montreal. I will say though you have some very passionate and knowledgable fans and I respect that but you think its going to be easy and that Price is the next coming of Roy and he is not. He has potential but give him time instead of putting so much pressure on him. Good luck in this series because you are going to need it.

Such cockiness. Get ready to cry tonight babyboy.

Guest Ryanww
You will lose this series ! These forum rules are for babies. If you cant take criticism, then you shouldnt be a sports fan. Canadien fans can come on our forum and post whatever they want. They still cant get over Briere(a Canadien)coming to Philly instead of his beloved Montreal. Just imagine this team with another Canadien in Gagne healthy. YOu will lose this series in 6 games unless the refs steal another one from us because it is a fact you cant get a call as an American team in Canada especially Montreal. I will say though you have some very passionate and knowledgable fans and I respect that but you think its going to be easy and that Price is the next coming of Roy and he is not. He has potential but give him time instead of putting so much pressure on him. Good luck in this series because you are going to need it.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Go away. It's not criticism when you're complaining about the refs. About the penalty that tied it in game 1? Yes, going Knee on Knee with intent to injure with a player when he beats you inside..... shouldn't be a penalty. Give me a break. Oh yes, lets talk about how American teams get the shuffle in Canada? Where exactly do you think that happens? Considering the league has been tweaked for Crosby.. I don't get the comment.

This is Canada's game, we own it, we always will. We don't need Briere to win, infact, I never care for Briere's style of play. What team would want a cry baby on their team anyways?

How many Canadians are on the Flyers, lets count: Biron, Briere, Carter, Coburn, Cote, Downie, Eager, Fitzpatrick, Gagne, Giroux, Greentree, Hartnell, Jones, Lupul, Parent, Picard, Richards, Smith, Upshall, Vandermeer.

Lets count how many Americans are on the Flyers: Boulerice, Dowd, Guenin, Potulny, Umberger, Knuble (born in Canada, grew up in Michigan and has played for the American national ice hockey team).

20 Canadians (Knuble = 21)

5 Americans

"Just imagine this team with another Canadien". THAT'S PRETTY EASY TO DO. ABS AT IT'S FINEST! DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Guest propylée
just for the record, he did not try to injure kovalev... he was leading with his shoulder, but did have his leg out. he agreed it was a penalty and it ended up being a huge pp goal for montreal. it's most certainly not like richards to take bad penalties, let alone try to injure other players on purpose.

You did not see it in slow motion. Even before he touched Kovalev, his knee was way out and reaching for Kovalev's knee. Prior to the hit, he took as much speed as he could. All the ex-players and ex-coaches agreed on the fact that he meant to hurt Kovalev. Flyers are dirty. They always aim at injuring the best players on the opponent team. Richards got what he desirved.

You see. That is the reason why you should not be here. You will say anything that goes your way. You do not watch hockey we do. You do not know hockey the way we do. And you end up looking poorly on this board. And that is said politely. If I had my way, you would know exactly what I and most of us think about you guys. You just don't know hockey we do. Period.

Guest Innis_Mor
Briere an MVP? Worst Plus/Minus (by far) on the team in the regular season, and 846th out of 852 players in the NHL -- that doesn't get a player MVP of anything.

Personally, I thank my lucky stars every single day that he didn't become a Hab. He'd be great for Cottonelle commercials though (ideal product spokesman).

Guest propylée
YOu will lose this series in 6 games unless the refs steal another one from us because it is a fact you cant get a call as an American team in Canada especially Montreal.

You are right. I must say. You have such a poor team that the refs need to go your way for you to win. What rank did you finish ? Oh yeah. You hardly made the playoffs. How did you get to the second round ? By an illegal play on Christobal Huet which was not called by the refs who never go your way... What knowledgeable analysts you guys make...

Guest CanadianMike

Can't wait to see what the lineup is for the Habs tonight. I want changes, and I want a much better game. Flyers shouldn't scare our boys. Let's do it.

brick wall Price...brick wall!!

Guest Morrighane

Go HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tonight is THE night we'll teach 'em how to play hockey!!!

Got my Habs' little white towels ready to dance in the air as we will scooooooooooooooore and scoooooooooooooore again and again ( 'got my Biron voodoo doll :P ) !!!

... oh and by the way.... DON'T FEED THE TROOOOOOLLS that 's all they're here for.... annoying I know but show them how much more respectful we are to our guests, even to the most unpleasant ones ;)

Guest arrowsno13

Any news on tonight's lineup?

Mythought:

AK46/Pleks/SK74

Higs/Koivu/AK27

Kos/Smok/Begs

Laps/Grabs/Streit

Marks/Bouils

Komi/Gorgs

Hammer/O'B

With the addition of Grabovski you have 4 lines capable of scoring. Markov and Komisarek have been struggle a bit of late and Gorges has been extremely steady. I think by separating Marks and Komi for a game or two might do some good. Give them a different approach to the game.

Let's Kick Azz!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Btw, they are still trying to sell off all the tickets for tonight's game... :rolleyes:

A reminder to all members: treat fans of the other team with respect and DO NOT get involved in flamewars. If you find a post offensive, report it to us. Responding in kind to an offensive post will only get you a 'retaliation' warning and land you in the penalty box with the instigator.

Habs fans: Respect the civil, friendly, and non-trolling Flyers fans who are simply here to talk hockey and engage in good-natured ribbing with 'enemy' fans.

Flyers fans: Remember that this is a Habs message board. As such, Habs fans have every right to be biased in favor of the Canadiens. And please adhere to the Code of Conduct at all times.

Thanks,

weepingminotaur

on behalf of the moderating team

Guest habs_fan1160
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss most of this game... I work 8:30 - 11. :(

Lol, we're in the same boat again, I'm missing the third tongiht due to work, it's another taping the third period game for me.

Guest habs_fan1160
7 goals in 2 games mean a lot, no matter how you want to spin it. I'm sure he can play a lot better, but he hasn't yet...

I agree with you there, seven goals in two games is crappy.

But I assure you Price can do better, we just haven't seen Price at his best in this series yet, plus it wouldn't kill our D to help him out a bit more and the offence to get out there and get a quick start.

In no way has Price sucked in this series, but he's not on his game. He said after the last game that he had some improvement to do for the next game, so I suspect game 3 will be a little more challenging for the Philly forwards.

With that being said, this series has been great, Lot's of action and both teams have come out to battle. It's fun to watch.

Guest mike hawk

I'm starting to like the English side of the board, really interesting with all these flyers fans, I'll come tonight it's gonna be fun.......

Guest sanman
Yes, and he won't play that well, and especially not that lucky, every game. So the Habs are in a good spot. If Coach Stevens is telling his guys he was happy with their game (the skaters) in Game 2, I'd be really shocked. These Flyers stink. Richards? I didn't notice him all game. SK74 (21 year-old rookie) outplayed him. The Flyer defense move like there is concrete poured into their skates. Habs need to put these guys out and move on. Their next series will provide much more formidable competition.

uh we lost to this 'informidable competition'. Right now we have to focus game to game or we will find ourselves golfing with the Leafs.

We played well and lost. That should be of dire concern. If we lose game #3 we are in serious trouble. Philly already showed that they can go up 3-1 after winning on the road. This series is already very similar to their first series so we should be very concerned about going into Philly and winning.

HABS need to score and Price has to play to his potential. Expect Biron and Philly to be pumped. This is going to be a very hard game for the HABS but the good news is if they win they take the momentum back.

The first goal tonight will set the tone for the rest of the series.

GO HABS GO.

Guest FlHabsFan
I agree with you there, seven goals in two games is crappy.

But I assure you Price can do better, we just haven't seen Price at his best in this series yet, plus it wouldn't kill our D to help him out a bit more and the offence to get out there and get a quick start.

In no way has Price sucked in this series, but he's not on his game. He said after the last game that he had some improvement to do for the next game, so I suspect game 3 will be a little more challenging for the Philly forwards.

With that being said, this series has been great, Lot's of action and both teams have come out to battle. It's fun to watch.

Its times like this that I miss having Cris here (and no, im not bringing up that old debate. Even if Bob still had put Price as the #1, I would feel more secure with Cris as the backup then Halak). 2 real bad games in the first series, and not doing so great this one has me on edge a bit.

Guest Handlanger

Uuuuahhh, the only guys looking good in a suit are Kovalev, Bouillon, S. Kostitsyn and Hamrlik. Koviu's shirt is horrible.... and Bégin and Carey look very bad in their suits. Grabovsky's dress is not even a suit. :-) http://www.habsinsideout.com/photos

Lol, we're in the same boat again, I'm missing the third tongiht due to work, it's another taping the third period game for me.
Poor girsl - I'll see the hold game :P But I'll again only have 4 hours of sleep cause I'm over there in Europe since a while. :angry:

Guest sanman

Patrice Brisebois, who was a late scratch in Game 2 with a leg injury, will not travel with the team to Philadelphia on Sunday, but might join the team later. He remains in Montreal and will be getting more tests done on his injured leg on Monday.

The Habs held an optional skate Sunday with only 12 players taking to the ice, including the taxi squad. The only regulars who skated were Maxim Lapierre, Mathieu Dandenault and Ryan O'Byrne. - TSN

Good to see O'Byrne on the ice. He needs to keep his feet moving. Dandenault knows what it takes to win...

Guest Handlanger
Can't wait to see what the lineup is for the Habs tonight. I want changes, and I want a much better game. Flyers shouldn't scare our boys. Let's do it.

brick wall Price...brick wall!!

PRICE will come up with a shutout tonight - Mark my words!

Guest CanadianMike
Uuuuahhh, the only guys looking good in a suit are Kovalev, Bouillon, S. Kostitsyn and Hamrlik. Koviu's shirt is horrible.... and Bégin and Carey look very bad in their suits. Grabovsky's dress is not even a suit. :-) http://www.habsinsideout.com/photosPoor girsl - I'll see the hold game :P But I'll again only have 4 hours of sleep cause I'm over there in Europe since a while. :angry:

:lol::lol: Saku's shirt is as ugly as Carbo's tie! :lol::lol:

Guest Jason Lorette

Wow...if Markov had hit the two empty nets he missed, and those two 'posts' had gone in, and Andrei had scored on one of his beautiful chances that he had missed...wow, would this have been a different game.

You have to give the team credit...they battled even after those two first goals...which Carey had no chance on by the way. The first hit something and hit him on the shoulder before going in, the second he was screened by both Koivu and Hamrlik and didn't see the shot. Block shots yes, screen your goalie no.

If Carey bounces back like he did in game 7 in Boston...and the Habs play like they did in the first two games...we win simple as that.

GO HABS GO

Jason

Guest CanadianMike
Patrice Brisebois, who was a late scratch in Game 2 with a leg injury, will not travel with the team to Philadelphia on Sunday, but might join the team later. He remains in Montreal and will be getting more tests done on his injured leg on Monday.

The Habs held an optional skate Sunday with only 12 players taking to the ice, including the taxi squad. The only regulars who skated were Maxim Lapierre, Mathieu Dandenault and Ryan O'Byrne. - TSN

Good to see O'Byrne on the ice. He needs to keep his feet moving. Dandenault knows what it takes to win...

yeah he does...him sitting in the pressbox. :o:P No, really I can't wait for Carbo's lines. He better not say we will only know at gametime. I want to see some changes (Dandy out...nothing personal).

GO HABS GO!

GO PRICE GO!

Archived