The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 | Game 3 | Montreal V Philadelphia | 4-28-08 | 7:00 Pm

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

i think it will have more power for the flyers. they will be jacked up about that punch and finish every check. i don't mind guy defending his players, that's his job and he does it well... but, the fact remains, it was a sucker punch. and a sucker punch is cowardly.

look it was all in the heat of battle, and i think both sides have put it into proper perspective. you have the 2 best PP teams in the league so neither side can afford to take any stupid penalties. but, the heat has certainly been turned up and tonight the wach will be rocking. should be a great game.

And rubbing a goal in a teams face afterward is worse then cowardly... The Flyer's are lucky they have Biron to make the big saves that game, because they weren't in the game, and Biron stole the win for them. However Biron's luck is going to run out sooner or later, and Price is going to show up next game, because the Flyer really haven't seen Price show up for the first or second game like he did for the Boston series.

Guest d80jcrant
NEWS: TONIGHT'S LINES

WHAT?!? Carbo broke up our third line (Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos)!!!!

For tonight's game:

Latendresse-Smolinkski-Kostopoulos

Streit-Begin-Lapierre

Scratch: Dandenault

SOURCE: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/250754.html

I understand Lats back and Dandenault scratched, but for god sakes keep the thrid line together!

He could have just changed the 4th = (Latendresse-Lapierre-Streit)

EDIT: we just posted the same thing at the same time... that's the downside to a forum I guess...

Still No Ryder??

Guest sanman

Guillaume Latendresse will return to the ice after being a healthy scratch for the last four games. Head coach Guy Carbonneau said he made this move because the fourth line was not generating enough chances or energy. Steve Begin is the leading hitter in the playoffs, so he could provide the spark that unit has been lacking. The change was also made to adjust to the fact that Carbonneau won't have last change in Game 3 and won't be able to get the match-ups he wants.

Patrice Brisebois, who was a late scratch in Game 2 with a leg injury, did not travel with the team to Philadelphia on Sunday. The latest test results on the injury are not available yet. - TSN

That's Carbo's rationale.

Putting a big guy in on the 4th line may not be that bad. Lats just has to go to the net and cause havoc or he is useless.

Guest Bruin Fan 4

my 2 cents .... I would love to see Greg Stewart play tonight ... he is probably just itching to play and would give a full 104%.

my lucky thong is ready ..... GAME ON ....................... GO HABS GO

... and to think for years I though HABS stood for

Had

A

Bad

Season ............ silly me !! :rolleyes:

Guest d80jcrant

So this is how the Habs will look tonight in Philly

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Streit - Begin - Lapierre

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Scratches: Dandenault, Grabovski, Stewart, Ryder,

When will Ryder get back in the playoffs????

Guest sanman
my lucky thong is ready ..... GAME ON ....................... GO HABS GO

I'm picturing you as a girl - I HOPE!!!!

Guest CanadianMike
So this is how the Habs will look tonight in Philly

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Streit - Begin - Lapierre

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Scratches: Dandenault, Grabovski, Stewart, Ryder,

When will Ryder get back in the playoffs????

never :(

I am very surprised our snap crackle pop line is broken up (6-20-22)

DO SOMETHING LATS!!!!! for the love of hockey..score!! hit!! something!!!!

Guest CanadianMike
I think if we don't win this game,,,, Ryder and Stewart should be in on Wed.

And for Gods sake,,,,,,,,,,,HIT THE NET ,,,,and often.

the last part is especially for Higgy, Pleks and Markov.

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest s.k 11

I dont think philly will score 2 early goals today it just cant happen and the team will play better defensively now that they know what the flyers are able to do with scoring chances unlike the habs on saturday.Kostopolos better watch his back, the Flyers would like some revenge ( i wouldn't want to be him tonight).

Guest Professor Kovalev

Ryder would only return to the line up if there was an injury at this rate. If I'm not mistaken isn't Ryder a UFA this summer? I guess that means that we may not see him again at all.

I think Dandy needs to be taken out of the line up periodically to get him fired up to get back in. He seems to do really well after being sent to the pressbox for a game or two. Odd what some players need to get motivated.

Should be a good game tonight if Price gets his cool back... even if he doesn't, how long can Biron keep this up?

Guest kinot1

"Scott Hartnell said that Timonen was probably "the last guy on this team, maybe in the league" that deserved a sucker punch to the face.

"He plays hard and he plays the game right, he doesn't take cheap shots after the whistle," Hartnell said.

So what should be the Flyers reaction tonight? Vengeance?

"You don't target Kostopoulos," Hatcher said. "You target [saku] Koivu and Kovalev." "

This is taken from the Philadelphia Inquirer in todays paper

I hope Carbs puts it on the wall so we can target their top guys ,,,,,,,,,Brier???? anyone?

Guest Clammy

Had

A

Bad

Season ............ silly me !! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, for a number of years, it DID! :rolleyes:

Thankfully, that's no longer the case. ;)

I expect the boys to come out fast, kicking butt, and scoring goals... lots and lots of goals!!!!

CHOKE floppers CHOKE!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Guest habsgal
i think it will have more power for the flyers. they will be jacked up about that punch and finish every check. i don't mind guy defending his players, that's his job and he does it well... but, the fact remains, it was a sucker punch. and a sucker punch is cowardly.
First of all - Timmonnen admitted this morning on Sportsdesk ( while grinning stupidly) that he did in fact said something to Kosti following the goal. When asked by the media what he said - he said "Merci "while still having that stupid grin on his face. That to me is jus as bad if you're talking poor sportsmanship.

Now back to the game: I just now read that Lats is back in the line-up. Well this move better pay dividends. I expect him to be that 'big body' out there and earn another insertion for game 4. Marki - oh where oh where has our Marki been? We need him to come out of his defensive funk. I'm rather disappointed in his play in these play-offs. Hopefully he turns it around beginning this evening. But overall - I foresee a 4-1 victory for les boys tonight. We will prevail - ya gotta belieb - ya can't keep the better team down for long. GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest arrowsno13
"Scott Hartnell said that Timonen was probably "the last guy on this team, maybe in the league" that deserved a sucker punch to the face.

"He plays hard and he plays the game right, he doesn't take cheap shots after the whistle," Hartnell said.

"You don't target Kostopoulos," Hatcher said. "You target [saku] Koivu and Kovalev." "

I hope Carbs puts it on the wall so we can target their top guys ,,,,,,,,,Brier???? anyone?

Hatcher is a moron...period! The guys hits and hurts Kostopoulos and instead of skating away after the whistle, he returns and add insult to injury. Let's see him or anyone go after Kovalev. Kovy can return the favor just as well as any of the "hard hitters". Tucker will be the first to agree.

Guest KovalevMTL

Philly knows how to run their mouths, Last year they always were classless for their local papers and radio stations. A day before playing the Montreal Canadiens, they'd talk about being dirty cause Frenchman cant protect themselves, RJ Umberger is one who hates us. Their just goons. Take them out.

The idea is to NOT enter that kind of game. If Philly are stupid enough to put into action what they are saying, it will come back to bite them in the butt in the end. Afterall, we will not be assigned Devorsky to ref all our games ;) Plus, Hatcher can say whatever he pleases, before hitting Koivu or Kovalev, they'll have to catch them first ;)

Guest habsgal

WOW, just friggen WOW. That team should have the movie rights to the sequal to Slapshot'. They don't deserve to be called an NHL team. I hope Carbo plants it in their jock straps. Komi is going to have a busy night.

Now watch certain people come in here defending that by saying, "well, Kosti is not the star calibre as the other 3". With that I would say two things: 1/ Look at Kosti's stats thus far into the play-offs = the unsung hero? 2/ It doesn't really matter who you put the bulleye on - very low and cowardly of a team to point that out and even try it to begin with. No wonder Bettman and Campbell are attending our series. They won't need the game tape - they will be witnesses.

Guest Dintrox12

Philly can do a lot of trash talking.. the fact is hatcher and smith are SLOWWWW. these 7 pm ET starts are kiolling me.. Out here in AB its at 5pm.. i hopefully will make it home for the puck drop...

Go Habs Go

Guest Jason Lorette

Habs don't want to get drawn into a 'penalty fest'...but walk away if they come head hunting and make them pay on the score board.

JL

Guest BigBADHabs

I'm expecting a dirty game from the flyers this game the flyers we saw at the beginning of the season with stupiud hit which would be a disaster for them cause our team will just get all fired up and take them down where they wished they lost that game 7 to the capitals

Archived