The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Round 2 | Game 3 | Montreal V Philadelphia | 4-28-08 | 7:00 Pm

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

Guest bakanekimiwa
"Scott Hartnell said that Timonen was probably "the last guy on this team, maybe in the league" that deserved a sucker punch to the face.

"He plays hard and he plays the game right, he doesn't take cheap shots after the whistle," Hartnell said.

So what should be the Flyers reaction tonight? Vengeance?

"You don't target Kostopoulos," Hatcher said. "You target [saku] Koivu and Kovalev." "

This is taken from the Philadelphia Inquirer in todays paper

I hope Carbs puts it on the wall so we can target their top guys ,,,,,,,,,Brier???? anyone?

can you post a link to where it says that? i didn't read that anywhere and i read that paper everyday.

Guest sdownie24
The idea is to NOT enter that kind of game. If Philly are stupid enough to put into action what they are saying, it will come back to bite them in the butt in the end.

Exactly... those of you getting your panties all twisted up by Hatcher.. is this your first time watching playoff hockey? Ever been exposed to this before? Give me a break.. it's called politicking in the media..

Nobody is stupid enough to go after anyone unless it involves a solid clean hit... not in the playoffs with so much at stake.

Now next season? "tommy" should watch his back... I don't care if they were taunting.. that's a bush league shot and it does not belong anywhere in sporst, let alone life.

Guest Innis_Mor
Philly can do a lot of trash talking.. the fact is hatcher and smith are SLOWWWW. these 7 pm ET starts are kiolling me.. Out here in AB its at 5pm.. i hopefully will make it home for the puck drop...

Go Habs Go

Habs should just ignore all the talk, go out and fill the Philly net with pucks. That's real talk. Stevens and his players are grasping for any straws they can find for inspiration. They are very well aware that they were totally outplayed for virtually the entire Game # 2. They can't be too confident coming out of that, win or not.

I say we let the flyers do whatever they want. Obviously not sucker punch Koivu or Kovalev, but as mentioned earlier, Campbell and Bettman are at the game, so the refs will want to impress their bosses. If Philly wants to be all juvenile and whine about the habs then come out for revenge in game 3, they're just going to end up in the penalty box leaving us to beat them on the PP. The habs just needs to keep their cool and let Philly (to a degree) commit penalties, it'll just hurt them in the end.

So, I heard that the new 3rd and 4th lines are:

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Begin - Lapierre - Streit

Interesting. I wonder how long those lines will remain the same. I thought Latendresse would be playing alongside Lapierre, if anybody. Oh well, hopefully Latendresse is ready for a gritty battle! Let's see some defense, Gui. ;)

And apparently Philadelphia is keen on targeting Kovalev and Koivu.

It isn't anything but talk. Just talk. <_<

I say we let the flyers do whatever they want. Obviously not sucker punch Koivu or Kovalev, but as mentioned earlier, Campbell and Bettman are at the game, so the refs will want to impress their bosses. If Philly wants to be all juvenile and whine about the habs then come out for revenge in game 3, they're just going to end up in the penalty box leaving us to beat them on the PP. The habs just needs to keep their cool and let Philly (to a degree) commit penalties, it'll just hurt them in the end.
And, hey, even 4-on-4's are fine by the Habs, the way the Flyers skate.

I'm expecting a dirty game from the flyers this game the flyers we saw at the beginning of the season with stupiud hit which would be a disaster for them cause our team will just get all fired up and take them down where they wished they lost that game 7 to the capitals

If the flyers start playing rough and take dumb penalties this game will be as easy as beating the bruins during the regular season.

There making a big deal out of it, as the team needs something to motivate them. if this pumps them up great.

Maybe we will see philly actually play well, They have been stinking it up, getting lucky bounces/deflections here and there, They have no skill and biron looks horrible out there.

We will win tonight and tomorrow, and then close it out in game 5 @ home

There making a big deal out of it, as the team needs something to motivate them. if this pumps them up great.

Maybe we will see philly actually play well, They have been stinking it up, getting lucky bounces/deflections here and there, They have no skill and biron looks horrible out there.

philly has played well enough to win both games. but, you're right, they haven't played their best game yet .but, i wouldn't go so far as to say things like 'stinking it up, getting lucky bounces'. bounces and deflections are all part of the game. 'put the puck on net and good things will happan.'

to say they have no skill is going a bit overboard as well. briere showed his skill on the deke move he made on price and biron was fantastic in net in game 2. look for more of the same this evening with a bit of a temper. the flyers will come out bangin bodies in their home arena. good luck habs fans.

AMEN .... I'll second that ... tick tock, let's go boys ... and for the love of the sweet baby Jesus, stay out of the box !!

Habs 4 Philly 2

Ryan, I agree the league has been tilted towards Crosby and Olvechkin. It is amazing that I get a warning for stating facts. I never said flyers don't have canadien players but you contradict yourself about that because most of your best players are Czechs and Russians. The K brothers are what Czechs and Kovelev is Russian or something. I never doubted your teams skill. I just think as evident in a lot of series i.e. Buffalo vs Ottawa last year the ice gets tilted for the Canadien teams in Canada. Edmonton is infamous for that in the last few years and in the Gretsky era. I am not trying to cause trouble. I am just looking at the numbers in the last few years and it is evident in the last few years that a lot of calls go your way. We are both passionate about are teams and I said I respect that and for me to get warned for just being competative is ridiculous. If you have the right to be biased about the Candiens, then we should have the same right. This is all I am saying. Good luck tonight.

Ryan, I agree the league has been tilted towards Crosby and Olvechkin. It is amazing that I get a warning for stating facts. I never said flyers don't have canadien players but you contradict yourself about that because most of your best players are Czechs and Russians. The K brothers are what Czechs and Kovelev is Russian or something. I never doubted your teams skill. I just think as evident in a lot of series i.e. Buffalo vs Ottawa last year the ice gets tilted for the Canadien teams in Canada. Edmonton is infamous for that in the last few years and in the Gretsky era. I am not trying to cause trouble. I am just looking at the numbers in the last few years and it is evident in the last few years that a lot of calls go your way. We are both passionate about are teams and I said I respect that and for me to get warned for just being competative is ridiculous. If you have the right to be biased about the Candiens, then we should have the same right.This is all I am saying. Good luck tonight.

and you do have that right, except it's at the Flyers Forum ;)

Ryan, I agree the league has been tilted towards Crosby and Olvechkin. It is amazing that I get a warning for stating facts. I never said flyers don't have canadien players but you contradict yourself about that because most of your best players are Czechs and Russians. The K brothers are what Czechs and Kovelev is Russian or something. I never doubted your teams skill. I just think as evident in a lot of series i.e. Buffalo vs Ottawa last year the ice gets tilted for the Canadien teams in Canada. Edmonton is infamous for that in the last few years and in the Gretsky era. I am not trying to cause trouble. I am just looking at the numbers in the last few years and it is evident in the last few years that a lot of calls go your way. We are both passionate about are teams and I said I respect that and for me to get warned for just being competative is ridiculous. If you have the right to be biased about the Candiens, then we should have the same right. This is all I am saying. Good luck tonight.

This is just a silly post....

The last 2 years have seen Canadian teams in the finals because the salary cap and a strong canadian dollar has taken the financial advantage away from American teams. And No the Officiating does not tilt in the favour of Canadian teams. Did you even watch the last game?

And the Kostitsyns are Belorussian

its time for Carey to step up and make some saves tonight, we need to keep using our speed to pound their defense. Guillaume has been inserted to throw his weight around as per Carbonneau.... so we will see now

the breaking up of the banger,smoke,stopper line i dont agree with

Ok, not trying to be a jerk here but will the Flyer fans please stop spelling Canadians with an E when talking about people from Canada, unless you are posting on the French boards. Sorry it just gets rather confusing trying to figure out who you are talking about.

As for Canadian teams getting the calls going there way most of the time, I think if that was the case the Cup would have been won here more often, it has not been done in 15 years so far. Although if what you said was true then Calgary should have won it a few years ago against Tampa. But the call went the other way.

Oh well, sports are like that, everyone always thinks their teams getting shafted, thats why it feels so good when they win. You know the against all odds stuff.

Ok, not trying to be a jerk here but will the Flyer fans please stop spelling Canadians with an E when talking about people from Canada, unless you are posting on the French boards. Sorry it just gets rather confusing trying to figure out who you are talking about.

LOL I've been wanting to say that for so long.

I'd like to personally thank Flyers coach John Stevens for giving Habs fans something to laugh at and Habs players something to rally around.

Stevens calling Kostopoulos' punch cowardly made me as a fan laugh...Especially when you consider the only difference between this year's Flyers early in the season and the Charlestown Chiefs is one was the main focal point of a satirical movie and the other is alledgely an NHL calibre franchise...Though IMO the latter remains to be seen.

But not only did "Coach" Stevens give Habs fans a hearty laugh...He also gave Guy Carbonneau the amunition he needed to fire his players up for game 3. Carbo outright defended his players' actions and defended his team...And anytime you have a coach stand up for his players it could very well translate into the turning point of the series. Remember when Gretzky went on a tangent at one of the post game PC's where he totally called out the refs saying they were anti-Canadian? Remember how Canada rallied around that to capture gold? The same thing could happen here with Carbo's crew, but on a lesser scale.

Let me know waht you all think...But I think Stevens "Coward" comment may end up costing PHI the series.

stevens is an idiot, he was calling tom the bomb classless but what about the taunting they were doing that is class?

Archived