The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2 | Game 3 | Montreal V Philadelphia | 4-28-08 | 7:00 Pm

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

I think we'll split the series in Philly.

The luck for them has to wear off. Come on, three cross bars? That's not good goaltending that's luck. I think the third period was a big booster for the Habs, they know they can do it, they just need to do that for 60 minutes, not 20.

The fans in Philly were almost as dead as when we played Boston. They had a few loud moments when Philly scored but they went back to theatre clapping after that. The Bell Centre makes all these other places look like a Church tea part.

And what's with the orange "Crush the Canadiens" shirts, those are lame. I realize the Flyers jersey's are ugly, but those shirts? Come on. ;)

And my final comment of last nights game is that it looked like Halloween puked inside their rink. The orange and black? Not cool. The Philly Pumpkins vs. the Habs.

We'll get em next game boys.

I Believe That The Habs Will Overcome Whatever Obsticles Are Placed In Their Way...The Only Concern That I Have Is That They Need Ryder Playing For Them Rather Than Sitting Out...There Is More Than One Player On This Team That Is Not Pulling Their Own Weight...& I Personally Believe That Ryder, If Given The Chance Will Show What He Is Made Of & Help The Habs Win This Series Against Philly...

I Believe That The Habs Will Overcome Whatever Obsticles Are Placed In Their Way...The Only Concern That I Have Is That They Need Ryder Playing For Them Rather Than Sitting Out...There Is More Than One Player On This Team That Is Not Pulling Their Own Weight...& I Personally Believe That Ryder, If Given The Chance Will Show What He Is Made Of & Help The Habs Win This Series Against Philly...

If Ryder could come out and prove us all wrong, I'd be all for that.

But the fact is, he's been given sooo many chances and he hasn't capitalized on any of them.

It's as simple as playing like they did in the third all game.What's up with Kovalev?..looks like last year.If we had scored first in that game as we all said early in the pre-game posts it would have been a different game. This 2-0 garbage has to stop.Maybe putting somebody in front of Biron on the 5-3 PP would have been a good idea...you think? We score then and the game goes our way. Bad coaching and bad execution on the Canadiens part. It was so bad that Philly had 2 of there 3 forwards pressing our point...my God dump it down low and we have a 3 on 1 but instead lets fool around at the blueline! Frustrating to say the least.7 goals on 30 shots...Price is rattled. Time for a change even if it's not all his fault. You can't have that kind of goaltending in the Playoffs. Carolina did it to us when they replaced Gerber and look what happened. It's time for a change because we lose the next game and it's virtually over.

They said that he faded off to the left, away from the net too much, whereas if he had have gone straight towards the net, he would have had a better chance of knocking the bouncing puck in.I can kinda see what they're talking about, but I'm not so sure I agree.Ryder would have put it in!!
They also said the ice was terrible because of the basketball game the night before. It was bouncing pretty hard but I still think he had time to stop it, have a cup of cofee, then put it top shelf. HABS are squeezing their sticks a bit too much now.

I think we'll split the series in Philly.

The luck for them has to wear off. Come on, three cross bars? That's not good goaltending that's luck. I think the third period was a big booster for the Habs, they know they can do it, they just need to do that for 60 minutes, not 20.

The fans in Philly were almost as dead as when we played Boston. They had a few loud moments when Philly scored but they went back to theatre clapping after that. The Bell Centre makes all these other places look like a Church tea part.

And what's with the orange "Crush the Canadiens" shirts, those are lame. I realize the Flyers jersey's are ugly, but those shirts? Come on. ;)

And my final comment of last nights game is that it looked like Halloween puked inside their rink. The orange and black? Not cool. The Philly Pumpkins vs. the Habs.

We'll get em next game boys.

What's with the sea of orange .... (insert gag here), by the end of the game, my eyeballs hurt !!!! :blink:

They said that he faded off to the left, away from the net too much, whereas if he had have gone straight towards the net, he would have had a better chance of knocking the bouncing puck in.

I can kinda see what they're talking about, but I'm not so sure I agree.

Ryder would have put it in!!

They also said the ice was terrible because of the basketball game the night before. It was bouncing pretty hard but I still think he had time to stop it, have a cup of cofee, then put it top shelf. HABS are squeezing their sticks a bit too much now.

my take on the game

Habs come out flat AGAIN - I cant understand how ill prepared they are to start games. I didnt undertsand the line up change - Dandy out which I agree with but Latendresse in- seriously??? really Guy? So Latendress comes in and Guy changes the lines around, including the only consistent one we have had...then our PP is useless to start the game and no adjustements. I have said this before but our coaches have a very hard time making any adjustements, they keep trying to same thing over and over again..its embarassing..

Philly is a bunch of plumbers..they have scored few if any nice goals..they get their chances off sloppy plays by us or bad bounces and then puck is in. Price needs to start making those saves. We are consistently out playing them even while playing poorly..need to hammer them senseless next game..win it 6-1 and get back our mojo. With their D, if we skate should be no problem.

lastly...take out Latendresse and O'Byrne, who is posed to impose size and hitting but he looks scared out there and unsure of himself..., put Streit on D but rarely play him and insert Stewart and Ryder into the line up.

Play Ryder and Steit on PP only with lines

Koivu, Kovy, HIggins

Plek and the 2 K bros

Smol, Begin and Kosto

and then Stewart with Lappy and double shifter (Koivu or Kovy)

game over

I noticed. That is so stupid..

Bandwagon Jumpers much?!

well I am new to your 'bandwagon' and will not jump off, I just love this forum and the awesome Hab fans I have met so far ... win or lose ... in good times and in bad !!

note to the jumpers ... what are you, 3 years old ?

everyone of us can relate to a bad day at work .... so what, the boys had a hard day at the office yesterday, let it go !

the sky did not fall in and the sun continues to shine today, despite the loss !

Here's to a better tomorrow (or one more sleep) .......... GO HABS GO :rolleyes:

well I am new to your 'bandwagon' and will not jump off, I just love this forum and the awesome Hab fans I have met so far ... win or lose ... in good times and in bad !!

everyone of us can relate to a bad day at work .... so what, the boys had a hard day at the office yesterday, let it go !

the sky did not fall in and the sun continues to shine today, despite the loss !

Here's to a better tomorrow (or one more sleep) .......... GO HABS GO :rolleyes:

It's nice to have a fan in the forum that even though they are a fan of another team appreciates our passion and our team.

For the record, this forum has way more "fans" that act like bandwaggoners when the HABS are winning and then dissappear or trash the HABS when losing.

Nice to have you, and keep up the posts into next year when we play the Bruins.

You're alright Beaner. Good attitude you have. Like others here, I have like an emotional attachment to the team, where their successes and failures largely control my moods. Kinda sick, but what are you going to do.

The team is not in a good way now, and everyone's hurting, but for now, I will hope that the law of averages balance out (no more out-of-whack scoring chances versus goals heavily favouring the Flyers). If the Habs continue to generate scoring chances for themselves, while limiting the oppositions chances as they've done for most of the series, they will win the next game and the series.

This isn't to say they don't need to play better, especially on the PP, and play the full 60 minutes to be successful, but I think they will pull it off.

agreed. I keyed in on him the rest of the game, and he had trouble handling the puck no matter bouncing or not. Truth is, any player on his game at all would have scored on that chance. And nobody would be saying, wow, how did he connect the way the puck was bouncing? Players score on passes like that all the time, that's why they are in the big leagues. And when so much is riding on it, you make sure.

It's nice to have a fan in the forum that even though they are a fan of another team appreciates our passion and our team.

For the record, this forum has way more "fans" that act like bandwaggoners when the HABS are winning and then dissappear or trash the HABS when losing.

Nice to have you, and keep up the posts into next year when we play the Bruins.

thanks sanman .... I'm not going anywhere ... although I would love to go to the Bell Centre someday !!

You're alright Beaner. Good attitude you have. Like others here, I have like an emotional attachment to the team, where their successes and failures largely control my moods. Kinda sick, but what are you going to do.

The team is not in a good way now, and everyone's hurting, but for now, I will hope that the law of averages balance out (no more out-of-whack scoring chances versus goals heavily favouring the Flyers). If the Habs continue to generate scoring chances for themselves, while limiting the oppositions chances as they've done for most of the series, they will win the next game and the series.

This isn't to say they don't need to play better, especially on the PP, and play the full 60 minutes to be successful, but I think they will pull it off.

thanks Stanley.. I've never been called a bean before (tee hee) ... no, we are not sick ... just very passionate about the 'greatest game on earth' .... and your comment about 'their successes and failures largely control my moods" is absolutely spot on ..... who needs hormones when there is hockey !! I'm a proud member of the "therapy for the sad and lonely Bruin fans" since May 10, 1970 ... we are a fun bunch (13 dudes and 1 dudette here in Peterborough) who meet weekly to vent !!

What's with the sea of orange .... (insert gag here), by the end of the game, my eyeballs hurt !!!! :blink:
For sure, that was disgusting/lame/sad all at the same time. :)Note to the Flyers, Halloween was over in October.
There is some serious coaching problems on this team.
Yeah, finishing first in our division and first in the east is a sure indication of coaching problems.

I honestly hope you are kidding. Ryder has been nothing this year. I don't believe in miracles and nor do I believe Ryder can do anything to change the current story. Montreal as a team has to play better and not get side-tracked like they did in the Boston series letting refs and cheap shots distract them. They need to stay focused and disciplined.

The team was not flat last night. They simply did not bury their many chances until it was too late. That said, the PP was HORRIBLE in the first! They should have scored on the 5 on 3, but they seemed to be standing around watching each other instead of moving and going to the net. We should have won last night based on the play of both teams. The difference was missed chances by the Habs, and buried chances by the floppers.

They have to keep playing the way they have the past 2 games, but absolutely MUST convert their chances into goals... many, many goals! Think of it this way, 1 or 2 of those posts or missed open nets goes in, and we win last night.

CHOKE floppers CHOKE!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

The 2 things that made me mad about last night:

1. On the Hatcher major, all the CBC announcer talked about was how Pleks got away with a trip. I mean what the hell was he talking about, we have a guy bleeding from the head and the announcer shows the replay of how pleks and umberger touched skates.

2. Richards punches Halak. Is that legal now? Shouldn't there be a fine or suspension for that blatant attack on our goalie?

Our guys have played two games in which them outshot and outchanced the opposition. If we bury even 1/3rd of those chances, we easily win. Flyers are getting VERY lucky bounces on Offenase and in Net ...... and I mean VERY. Biron is playing well, but we can beat him. Go habs Go!!!

Very well said!

I hope cooler heads prevail today, lol. Everyone was understandably upset with our play last night. What really bothered me the most was in how stationary we were on our power plays with the exception of course being the 5 minute advantage. Up until then, we weren't moving our feet. We allowed Biron to play the puck because (and I was here screaming at the TV) every time we got to the neutral zone, we played the dump in crap. Geez, the boys did the same thing on the 5 on 3. Note to Guy: that wasn't the time to try new strategy while on the pp. Last night's decision making in that regard had a very different look than what we've became accustomed to all year. I am aware that we are struggling on the pp but having Biron playing the puck for the humpteenth time and clearing the zone should of raised red flags as far as I'm concerned.

I would like to say that Markov is playing hurt - I'm looking for an excuse to why he is so disappointing. I have never saw him playing this poorly, the Bruins series included. Kovalev is making sweet passes out there but he must learn that this is a contact sport. He needs to get peed-off in a big way. It's too bad that the boys are not following their captain - our heart and soul is giving it his all without a supporting cast for those 60 MINUTES. I was impressed by Lats's energy last night - the line played with passion and worked hard all evening. Do we have a better team than the Flyers? Without question, yes we do. But to spot them leads every game and deciding to finally 'get up' and play in the final stanza will come back and bite us more times than naught. And thus far it bit us twice. Sure the Flyers are getting the bounces and the breaks (7 posts) and let us not foget about the cheap shots - but we MUST go for the jugular at the drop of the puck.

I feel that we will come back and win this series - in fact, I'm very confident that we will.

GO HABS GO!!!

Valentenko would be a good addition but then again we are dealing with a coaching staff that is obsessed with inserting Breeze by every chance they get, even though he is a huge liability at times!!

Not a fan of Breezer by any means but with him we won game 1, without him we lost 2 and 3. If he is our horseshoe, let's wear it! The guys is 6th in points for the Habs with 2 games less. I don't care if he is on when they score 2 goals just as long as he's on for when we score 3. I'll take him.

Game 4 lineups SHOULD be:

AK46/Pleks/AK27

Higs/Grabs/SK74

Streit/CapK/Stewy

Kosto/Laps/Begs

Komi/Gorges

Marko/Bouils

Hammer/Valentenko

IMHO: As much as we are giving the Habs a hard time about their PP I think we have to give the Flyers the credit they deserve. They are using the same PK system the Canes used a few years back when they took The Cup. They are rushing the opponents within milleseconds. They don't give the opps the chance to set up. The Habs were done in by this by the Canes back then and they are being done in again here. They have to create a system where quicker, more accurate passing is applied. If they don't they will definitely go down in flames.

its really frustrating to see the boys miisout on these golden opportunities.posts,breakaways,5 on 3's,outshooting them,etc,etc,etc. u start questioning the lucky factor here,not the skill.the boys seem to have a brainfart every now n then,lol!! the 1 thing i keep seeing over n over and thats they have to keep utilizing they're speed and keep churning those legs,move,move,move. like last night,a late line change and that cost us the game i think.luck factor again? little luck is all we need now,cause the shots are there,just not finding the back of the net,not yet!

they will be focused tomorrow regardless who's in nets,lets hope we get sum good breaks!!

GO HABS GO!!

Archived