The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 2,game 4:habs @ Flyers April 30

All the Habs need to do is BURY some of those chances and they will walk away with this game. I have faith that Carey will return to form (although, I think he's had more than his share of just bad luck with weird deflections and screens going in)The floppers luck is due to run out by now, so we should be going back to Montreal tied 2-2.

CHOKE floppers CHOKE!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Habs will get the split in Philly. However, IMO Halak is the goaltender that should be getting the start. I'm not flopping back and forth and hating Price now, but he's young and it seems to be almost too much for him. Let him rest, observe a game and hopefully Halak can grab us a win. Price needs to get his head back in the game and forcing him out there to allow three goals of 10 shots isn't going to help his confidence.I think I can actually watch this whole game without having to tape the third period, that'll be nice for a change. Prediction: Philly Pumpkins 1, Habs 5.The luck stops here Philly.

Yes, his two saves in the third convinced everyone!
You have to admit though, the first save he made was tricky and if that would have went in we wouldn't have faught back as hard as we did. To not allow any goals in the third helped the team, sure we didn't win, but we were in the game. At least he made the two saves.Not to rag on Price, but 3 goals off of 10 shots isn't exactly convincing either.

^Honestly, 2 saves is not enough to judge a guy. 2 saves..literally. if the puck was lifted and it went in, you guys would be all saying Halak stunk.

anyways, just stick with Price, seems like Carbo/Koivu are really faithful in Price. so...I'm hoping he gets a chance.

^Honestly, 2 saves is not enough to judge a guy. 2 saves..literally. if the puck was lifted and it went in, you guys would be all saying Halak stunk.

anyways, just stick with Price, seems like Carbo/Koivu are really faithful in Price. so...I'm hoping he gets a chance.

I'm not saying Price should be out forever, just for the next game, let him observe the game and have a mental rest.

Halak has proven he's NHL worthy, he was great for us last year when Huet went down with injury. Sure the playoffs are a far different game, but right now he's a rested goaltender and he looked focused out there.

Price should play game 5, but Halak should get game 4. Price has had three really bad starts, and we can win a series with continious bad starts.

2 saves but one was absolutely spectacular. If were voting, give Price the day off and see what Halak can do. Price is tired, give him a few days off.

I agree with you!! Price is awesome, however he needs a break to perhaps put things in perspective. I say play Halak and give Price game 5 in Montreal.

I believe the Habs have been outplayed all series long, and their problem is they don't seem to play well or aggressive UNTIL WE ARE DOWN 2 GOALS!!!!

Someone said it right in another forum, we have to put more bodies in front of Biron and make things difficult for him. We need to be more consistent on our PP and just be more aggressive and hungrier in the play. Lets face it when your down 2-1 and your going into game 4 if you dont have the guts to play hard and fierce for 60 minutes you dont deserve to win.

Habs SHOULD play with intensity and a little desperation. At the drop of that puck in the first 3 minutes of the game we will know if the habs will win this game or not. Because if they come out like they have the other past 3 games, we will not win.

JL I also agree with you the refs are real hippocrites when it comes to what they do and do not call. It seems as if in the playoffs we let alot of more stuff go. I've seen too many hooks and roughing calls on both sides not called, it just leads to chippy play and injured players like Bouillon.

Habs either come out blazing or don't even bother showing up, b/c in the first 3 minutes if I am not impressed i wont waste my time watching anymore. (well I probably will keep watching :)

I will be missing this game. It might be my first Habs playoff game I miss..... in the history of my life. LOL

This can go either way...I want to get calls with Habs leading and winning this game.

If it has to be the best game of the series and Habs winning it..so be it (even if I have to miss it). Just give me good news. Tell me the series will be tied when this one is over.

They have to be headed back home with the series tied at 2.

Come on Price.

GO HABS GO!!

Flyers suck!

I only caught the last 6 minutes of last nights game, but it seemed like there was too much of the "dump and chase" routine going on and no pressure on Biron, the usual wrist shot almost from the point straight into the center of Biron's jersey.

p.s someone needs to sucker punch Richards for that Halak punch... :D

I think we need to start price, Even though I agree that he is DEAD TIRED. If we happen to lose the next game with Halak in nets we will all be scratching our heads asking why we didnt start Price. I remember the commentators saying that Price only practiced for 12 minutes since the last game. The should be pelting price with glove side shots and screens in practice. Thats how Philly plays. So maybe thats why he was a little rusty. Instead of Philly only taking the shots that our through screens its hard for Price to warm up into the game. We are in the NHL guys this aint jr hockey. He should be able to last the playoff series when the play every second day. He's a calder cup winner; gold medal for team canada and use to travel to practice in a plane. He should be used to the mental strength.....If they were going to split i would want them to lose last game because if they win tomorrow they will have the momentum and home ice advantage which will get them another win and then back in Philly they will win and not let what boston did to them by extending the series

Not sure if you read the Philly news, but Mike Knuble will be back for the Flyers on Wednesday. This pretty much means it is the end of the series for Downie. I know that is going to disappoint alot of people. :D

[/quote :angry: no more powerplays for our beloved habs ;)

Price definetely needs at least a game to refocus. It was horrible to see him pulled last game, seeing as most of the goals he was screened. Halak was good however and perhaps Carey needs some rest. Glad to see we are not all ripping him apart though. He's going to be great for us for many years to come, and he shouldn't be bashed for the other night's performance. Tsn comments are driving me up the wall.

Go Price and GO HABS!!!!!! Would love to see them beat the goons

Not sure if you read the Philly news, but Mike Knuble will be back for the Flyers on Wednesday. This pretty much means it is the end of the series for Downie. I know that is going to disappoint alot of people. :D

This is one fan who won't be disappointed, he's a disgrace to his team, in my opinion !

montrreal is gonna win for sure dont worry guys and gals

Good job carbonneau(sarcasm) another bad decision, He keeps changing up lines around in game 4. instead of leaving them. Kovalev switched all over the place. I think kovalev can handel the good defense. Price is horrbile we should go with halak!
i think u have some sort of issue price is not horrible whats the matter with all these people saying price is horrible wow u guys are rotten to the core if u ask me

Unless umberger is out... then that jerk will still be in the lineup... right?

Archived