The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs 2008-2009 Season Countdown

bailey1

well if you look at this from my point of view.

theres about a month or so to the draft.

we usually talk about that.

then theres 2-3 weeks to UFA's.

that takes up a good 2 weeks and by then its mid july.

then we have a month and training camp starts.

pre season and poof october!

:)

the fact that there is euro 08 this year also helps

FORZA AZZURRI

the fact that there is euro 08 this year also helps

FORZA AZZURRI

That will definately help. The Expos being gone is a huge hole, i use to go to the Big O at least 20 times a year to watch them...now summer seems so weird without them. I guess i can go watch the Impact, watch Euro 08 on TV and follow the Blue Jays...

i hate summer. walking by the bell centre and seeing it empty and lifeless....man 146 days is a lot.

Be thankful you get to walk by it at all!Not like us poor dolts who live too far away to get to see a game live without planning a special trip at a fairly big expense! :rolleyes:

But then,you were just gloating weren't you?LOL :lol:

That will definately help. The Expos being gone is a huge hole, i use to go to the Big O at least 20 times a year to watch them...now summer seems so weird without them. I guess i can go watch the Impact, watch Euro 08 on TV and follow the Blue Jays...

Boy ,I thought I was in bad shape with no more Hockey of interest to me to watch!But ,man you must be desperate to watch the Boo Jays!!! :):P

Be thankful you get to walk by it at all!Not like us poor dolts who live too far away to get to see a game live without planning a special trip at a fairly big expense! :rolleyes:

But then,you were just gloating weren't you?LOL :lol:

Hey, maybe he can tell us, or even take pictures for us, of the construction of the Centiennial Plaza as it's being built this summer(I think). :P

I lived in Ottawa for about 15 years back when Bobby Smith was an Ottawa 67 member.Being a native Sudburian and used to watching the Wolves in an arena full of rabid fans ,it was something else to see the lack of enthusiasm of the crowd.I would frequently yell at the refs.or something just to wake up a few of the "Silly Servants"gov't people who went to the games to appear as though they were interested.Just as I was moving back home here to Sudbury,they started talking about bringing back the Senators and I thought it was a sick joke because ,if the way those civil servants supported the 67s was any indication,how could they hope to support an NHL franchise?Well,I still doubt there could be anything close to the level of excitement and mystique that is common in Montreal!It's been years since I have had the pleasure of watching my team in the Forum,but boy what great memories!!!!I was lucky enough to be one of the thousands who were at the famous New Years Eve Habs vs Russians game.To be able to go to Montreal from Sudbury to attend such a fabulous game was an absolute thrill that I'll never forget!

I lived in Ottawa for about 15 years back when Bobby Smith was an Ottawa 67 member.Being a native Sudburian and used to watching the Wolves in an arena full of rabid fans ,it was something else to see the lack of enthusiasm of the crowd.I would frequently yell at the refs.or something just to wake up a few of the "Silly Servants"gov't people who went to the games to appear as though they were interested.Just as I was moving back home here to Sudbury,they started talking about bringing back the Senators and I thought it was a sick joke because ,if the way those civil servants supported the 67s was any indication,how could they hope to support an NHL franchise?Well,I still doubt there could be anything close to the level of excitement and mystique that is common in Montreal!It's been years since I have had the pleasure of watching my team in the Forum,but boy what great memories!!!!I was lucky enough to be one of the thousands who were at the famous New Years Eve Habs vs Russians game.To be able to go to Montreal from Sudbury to attend such a fabulous game was an absolute thrill that I'll never forget!

So lucky...Would have pay a lot to see this game at the forum..

HABBS COMEE BACK ! I won't pass through my summer xD

Archived