The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Qc Publisher Wants More French Music At Games

js2

yes, they have to put some Gilles Vigneault and some Céline Dion at the Bell Center...

:rolleyes:

I can't believe. That guy, actually had tickets for GAME 7 against Boston, only to waste his time counting the french songs? I can't believe this. Doesn't he have bigger dogs to whip?

meh

french music doesnt really make for good "hockey song"

Don't think hearing music from star academie would get the crowd pumped

I've always tought rock music was made for hockey games

the guy just wants his artist to be heard there because there's alot of people going to the game, more than buys their cd probably ;)

I'd really like to hear the

song whenever the visitors take a major penalty or miscounduct... especially a headbutting penalty!

Yes, I know this song is about Zidane, but it just seems so appropriate to irk an opposing team. Just be sure to cut out the "et la coupe, on l'a manqué" part :lol:

Being from Europe myself the only music in French I have heard is music from France, which to be honest isn’t very good on the whole? Unless Quebec French music is much different I don’t see how you’d want to hear it at a hockey game whether you liked that kind of music or not? It seems a step to far to force it down peoples throats at every opportunity. For the record I love the French language and am currently learning but it sounds like this is a political nut as opposed to a HABS nut, causing a row for the sake of it.

I'd really like to hear the
song whenever the visitors take a major penalty or miscounduct... especially a headbutting penalty!

Yes, I know this song is about Zidane, but it just seems so appropriate to irk an opposing team. Just be sure to cut out the "et la coupe, on l'a manqué" part :lol:

lol thats jokes.

well i know this is a tad off topic but being from kingston i get to watch many kingston frontenac home games and whenever the opposing team takes a penalty they play Nelson(bully from The simpsons) it's pretty funny because it gets everyone joining in and really pisses off the other team "HA HA See YAH!"

the stadium is only 5,000 people but it's pretty funny and equally effective immagine over 20,000 people sayin that ..wow

haha seriously my first language is french and i consider myself french and i really don't see this in an arena. And funny enough the only music i could see getting people getting into is traditional stuff, cept with all the seats, there's no room for any 7 carres! lol (square dancing). If anything, put in an Organ, find someone who still knows how to play one,, there's no singing and everyone will be happy. besides i don't even like half the english songs they play either....like shawn paul, i heard "so make it clap" enough when i'ld go to expos games, now its invading the bell center to.

i think that guy should shut his mouth more french music at hockey games what the heck... thats like asking for more classical music at a football game.... some people are really weird that guys opinions should be ignored as of right now....

besides i don't even like half the english songs they play either....like shawn paul, i heard "so make it clap" enough when i'ld go to expos games, now its invading the bell center to.

yeah nothing says hockey like a hip hop artist from jamaica <_<

seriously the guy who complained is just being a pain in the u know what or he wants attention some how so he comes up with a way to get attention this wouldnt of worked last year as the fan base was much lower but now things are good so everyone rides the gravy train unbelieveable i wish he would of put some dieas of songs he would want to play im sure hes just as clueless as us when it comes to what french music would be good at a hockey game lol

yeah - I think French music would be a great idea... they could start with the "unkown group" called O'reille to be played after the Habs score.

This song resurfaced at the World Hockey Championships in Halifax - they were using it as the team Canada goal song. I was a little ticked to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a little off topic, but some of Canada's national anthem is sung in French at the games. During the regular season, RDS for some reason does not show the singing of the anthems for the games at the Bell Centre.

I never saw the first of the game last night, so I don't know what happened. I do know that in Detroit for the previous game, RDS carried the singing of the US anthem. I find it strange that RDS would show the singing of the US anthem, but refuse to show the singing of Canada's anthem. Does anybody know why this is?

This is a little off topic, but some of Canada's national anthem is sung in French at the games. During the regular season, RDS for some reason does not show the singing of the anthems for the games at the Bell Centre.

I never saw the first of the game last night, so I don't know what happened. I do know that in Detroit for the previous game, RDS carried the singing of the US anthem. I find it strange that RDS would show the singing of the US anthem, but refuse to show the singing of Canada's anthem. Does anybody know why this is?

Language Politics.

I don't think French music is a bad idea, considering it's a French team.

However, from the handfull of times I've been to Montreal, whenever I've gone to a bar or a restaurant they've been playing English music. When the cars have driven past with the music blaring it's been English music.

I'm sure many people in Quebec listen to French music, however, I can't recall hearing any French music during my times in Montreal.

Archived