28 members have voted

1. 1. What's yor favorite burger chain?

• Harvey's
    • McDonald's
    • Wendy's
    • A&W
    • Other (please specify)

For Burgers, Harvey's no doubt about it,

For Fries, Burger King! (the Wooper comes in second tho :P)

For Poutine, A&W

For Nuggets, McDonald's

FYI, I recently came back from New York City, I went to Whitecastle, Their Burgers arent freggin GROSS!!! omg... and NEVER NEVER order their Iced Tea... EWWWW to be honest, Most Fast Food places in NYC tend to overseason their Fries too, and their Iced tea, no matter where, is NASTY!!!! and I love Ice Tea... I dont understand... oh well. lol

I voted for wendy's. I like their burgers a lot and the choice of sides in meal deals is great. Harvey's are a rare breed out west and I haven't been to one in years..

We have an A and W that is okay. They seem to put on way too much mustard and onions and little to no lettuce.

McDs is at least 1 hour a way and the nearest wendy's at least 2 hours.

Harvey's I would say are restricted to Calgary and Edmonton ?

FYI, I recently came back from New York City, I went to Whitecastle, Their Burgers arent freggin GROSS!!! omg... and NEVER NEVER order their Iced Tea... EWWWW to be honest, Most Fast Food places in NYC tend to overseason their Fries too, and their Iced tea, no matter where, is NASTY!!!! and I love Ice Tea... I dont understand... oh well. lol

Yea I try to avoid NYC fast food. Alot of health conscious burger joints just opened up, its kinda a fad down here to order a organic, turkey burger lol and spend $13.00 for it. If I have to, Ive always been a McDonalds person, wendy's is obviously better food, but we are basically comparing garbage to toxic waste. White castle is really bad. Best fast food burger place in the states is a place called fatburger, mostly they are in cali. Made to order, about a 5-10 minute wait. Much better than the Wendy's/McD's stuff.

Yea I try to avoid NYC fast food. Alot of health conscious burger joints just opened up, its kinda a fad down here to order a organic, turkey burger lol and spend $13.00 for it. If I have to, Ive always been a McDonalds person, wendy's is obviously better food, but we are basically comparing garbage to toxic waste. White castle is really bad. Best fast food burger place in the states is a place called fatburger, mostly they are in cali. Made to order, about a 5-10 minute wait. Much better than the Wendy's/McD's stuff.

there's a couple in NY, Massapequa Park and West Nyack. I havent been to any, so I cant comment about that lol but seriously, Im sorry to say, and I dont mean to generalize, but most American Fast Food, at least the one i tried in NYC, is NASTY!

:)

maybe next time Im there i'll try the Health conscious burger joints :P

Wendy's, by a wide margin. Their quality of food is just so good. Their fries used to hold them back a bit, but they thinned them down so that they are closer in size to McDonald's fries, which was a big improvement. Nothing quite beats a junior bacon cheeseburger. Their chicken is almost as good as KFC, which specializes in chicken. And the new stack attack, while light on toppings, is the best double cheeseburger you can buy for a buck.

my backyard

Big fat and juicy!

Lean ground meat, eggs, oatmeal, lots of onions, chilli powder, garlic salt, pepper and extra spicy barbecue sauce mixed right into the burger.

Place it on top of barbecue toasted buns with sliced cheddar cheese, sliced dill pickle, sliced tomato, lettuce and garnish with relish, mustard and miracle whip (add ketchup if you like too).

Fantastic! :D

Big fat and juicy!

Lean ground meat, eggs, oatmeal, lots of onions, chilli powder, garlic salt, pepper and extra spicy barbecue sauce mixed right into the burger.

Place it on top of barbecue toasted buns with sliced cheddar cheese, sliced dill pickle, sliced tomato, lettuce and garnish with relish, mustard and miracle whip (add ketchup if you like too).

Fantastic! :D

Are you Greek? :lol: I thought only Greeks put eggs, onions and garlic salt in their burgers. We also put a little bit of parsley in there. In Greece, most burgers are stuffed with cheese. They taste amazing. Another thing that's common is putting fries on top of the burger in the bun, that tastes great too, try it. ;)

Are you Greek? :lol: I thought only Greeks put eggs, onions and garlic salt in their burgers. We also put a little bit of parsley in there. In Greece, most burgers are stuffed with cheese. They taste amazing. Another thing that's common is putting fries on top of the burger in the bun, that tastes great too, try it. ;)

No I am a Heinz 57 - not the ketchup either. :lol:

On my dad's side my Grandfather was Irish/Dutch/German and my grandmother Quebecois French.

On my mother's side strictly English my good man. :lol:

I know - what a mix. :blink:

I love onions. As for the garlic. It goes on pork chops and in my omelets too. I will have to try the cheese in the burger and fires on top too. You are making me hungry "Doc". :lol:

No I am a Heinz 57 - not the ketchup either. :lol:

On my dad's side my Grandfather was Irish/Dutch/German and my grandmother Quebecois French.

On my mother's side strictly English my good man. :lol:

I know - what a mix. :blink:

I love onions. As for the garlic. It goes on pork chops and in my omelets too. I will have to try the cheese in the burger and fires on top too. You are making me hungry "Doc". :lol:

harvey's for me, but to respond to you 1970, try montreal steak spice on pork chops and burgers, tastes great.

• 2 weeks later...

Good ol' Harvey's!

There's a really good burger place hidden in the Faubourg Ste-Catherine. Used to go there every now and then while in University (since my classes were in the Faubourg tower). We called it The Perfect Burger, because no matter what or how much the guy put on top, it never fell out regardless of how you ate it (and they were damn tasty). The guy used to get angry with me because all I ever wanted on top was mustard and extra pickles :D He was pretty funny. I don't know if they're still there, though... The Faubourg is pretty much dead.

Another good one is Le Faste Fou in Plaza St-Hubert. Their fries are awesome too.

Archived