The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Which Rfa Would You Sign An Offer Sheet To And How Much?

HABFANDOG

And he hasn't proven he's elite, not by a long shot. His point totals have declined since 2005-06 -- down to 37 in 07-08 -- and he finished near the bottom of his team in plus-minus. He's a good young d-man with promise, but if I'm going to throw that kind of scratch around, I throw it at a proven elite d-man.

:blink: Your right, making the canadian national team doesn't prove that much.....maybe when u think elite, you think of Bobby Orr but what i mean by an elite defenceman i think top top ten in the NHL as of right now. :P I know its a fair lump of change but we all know how hard it is to attract an (By my standards of course) elite d-man.

I admit 37 points isn't staggering but nontheless thats 15 goals and 22 assists.......playing for florida! He was -5 this past year, on a team that saw olli jokinen drop to -19. kirk maltby was -8 playing for the Detroit red wings. mark streit finished -6 this year and well near the bottom of the team but i dont think thats going to stop him from making 3.5-4.5 mil this year and we all know streit is by far better at one end of the ice than the other. :lol:

Regardless bouwmeester has accompliced so much and has the best of his years coming to him but isnt worth 6 million dollars? by the way all of this by the age of 23. i compare him alot to a young scott niedermayer. Tell me, knowing what you know now, would you throw the equivalent of 6 million at scott niedermayer when he was 23?

Obviously they aren't the same player and their is no way of knowing what the future holds but if he were a game of poker, I would be ALL-IN.

Jay Bouwmeester. Florida picked up two good defencemen when they trade away Jokinen. I think Jay Bouwmeester is available via a trade for some forwards and prospects.

He is one of the very best under 25 defencemen in the NHL. Still no contract with Panthers. If trade cannot be made then offer 7 to 9 years and $6 to $7.5 million per season. He is worth 4 first round picks, IMO.

Just curious... I guess Anaheim isn't doing anything about signing Perry before July 1st. I guess he's definitely going to be receiving some offer sheets. We had better watch out, ol' Burke is going to be on the rampage! :lol:

What would Corey Perry be worth?? I offer him an offer sheet.

5.75 Mil for 6 years....Most likely would not get him for that though

Paul Gaustad Buffalo Sabres Centre 6'5" 230. Lead Sabres in hits, and faceoff percentage and is a forechecking machine. Skates very well and gets 40-50 points a year on Buffalo's third line. Played all 82 games last year and is an energy guy. He wouldn't cost too much and is the type of player Montreal needs.

I agree 100% - I have him listed on my key target additions for next year. Perfect fit for what we need, big center, wins faceoffs, can hit, fight and forecheck. Perfect and not too costly at all.

If a GM decided to match an offer, can you back again at the same player right away?
no, a signed offer sheet is a binding contract, superseded only by the right to match which is a binding contract as well... as soon as a player signs an offer sheet, he will be compensated under those exact terms, it's just a matter of by which team, the new one or the old one...

Paul Gaustad Buffalo Sabres Centre 6'5" 230. Lead Sabres in hits, and faceoff percentage and is a forechecking machine. Skates very well and gets 40-50 points a year on Buffalo's third line. Played all 82 games last year and is an energy guy. He wouldn't cost too much and is the type of player Montreal needs.

A former Rochester American walking into a dressing room with this many former Bulldogs. Makes for an interesting first day of training camp *L*

if there's a better place for this post, please move it...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241639&lid...=headlines_main

The Montreal Canadiens have extended qualifying offers to forwards Mikhail Grabovski, Andrei Kostitsyn and Corey Locke, defencemen Josh Gorges and Ryan O'Byrne and goaltender Jaroslav Halak.

All six players are set to become restricted free agents on July 1.

Teams are required to extend a one-year qualifying offer to potential restricted free agents by June 25 in order to receive the right of first refusal or draft choice compensation should that respective player sign an offer sheet with another NHL club.

If a team does not give a qualifying offer to a restricted free agent, he is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and can sign with any team without compensation.

Players have until July 15 to accept or decline the offer. Depending on their NHL experience, certain restricted free agents who decline their team's qualifying offer can opt to go to arbitration to settle their contract.

- 30 -

Locke is a surprise since it couldn't be clearer this organization doesn't think he's NHL-calibre...

Players have until July 15 to accept or decline the offer. Depending on their NHL experience, certain restricted free agents who decline their team's qualifying offer can opt to go to arbitration to settle their contract.

Locke is a surprise since it couldn't be clearer this organization doesn't think he's NHL-calibre...

I'm surprised about Locke too, unless they think they can get something for him. His salary can't be very much. Maybe they need a few bodies for the AHL.

RFA

BONNEAU, JIMMY

GRABOVSKI, MIKHAIL

HALAK, JAROSLAV

KASTSITSYN, ANDREI

LAHTI, JANNE

LOCKE, COREY

O'BYRNE, RYAN

DEGON, MARVIN

GORGES, JOSH

UFA:

ARCHER, ANDREW

COTE, JEAN-PHILIPPE

FERLAND, JONATHAN

MILROY, DUNCAN

ENGELHARDT, BRETT

DANIS, YANN

UFA from minors leaving

Unsigned RFA

Black staying/coompensation

RFA

BONNEAU, JIMMY

GRABOVSKI, MIKHAIL

HALAK, JAROSLAV

KASTSITSYN, ANDREI

LAHTI, JANNE

LOCKE, COREY

O'BYRNE, RYAN

DEGON, MARVIN

GORGES, JOSH

UFA:

ARCHER, ANDREW

COTE, JEAN-PHILIPPE

FERLAND, JONATHAN

MILROY, DUNCAN

ENGELHARDT, BRETT

DANIS, YANN

UFA from minors leaving

Unsigned RFA

no great loss to us.

ferland and cote had some fire in my eyes but there are younger hungrier and more talented kids waiting to have there chance instead.

Ferland has signed to play in Europe. JP & Dunc are probably also done. Too bad. I like Duncan...he played well in that brief call up 2 years ago...but never caught a long term break in the NHL.

Both he and Locke have what I will call "Jason Ward Syndrome". Tear up the "A", but don't get the same numbers in the NHL.

Archer can't catch a break. He's had so many injuries the last few years. I thought he might follow Komi's path into the NHL as a Stay at Home guy who would develop into a rock, but he's been torn up so bad....might be a career Minor Leaguer.

Not sure what the deal is with Lahti...he had some injuires and spent some time in the Doghouse (no pun intended) last year. Did I hear Europe for him, can't recall?!?!?

Degon was pretty good last year. I'd like to see him back in Hamilton.

Danis might get a shot as a back up somewhere else. We can't forget this guy started both his AHL & NHL carerrs with shutouts. He's a good goalie. Guys just keep leapfrogging him on the depth chart....first Halak then Carey.

Bonneau can go. Useless, IMO.

My .02. Spend it how you see fit.

RFA

BONNEAU, JIMMY

GRABOVSKI, MIKHAIL

HALAK, JAROSLAV

KASTSITSYN, ANDREI

LAHTI, JANNE

LOCKE, COREY

O'BYRNE, RYAN

DEGON, MARVIN

GORGES, JOSH

UFA:

ARCHER, ANDREW

COTE, JEAN-PHILIPPE

FERLAND, JONATHAN

MILROY, DUNCAN

ENGELHARDT, BRETT

DANIS, YANN

UFA from minors leaving

Unsigned RFA

Poor colour choices for your list of UFA's.........I can't even see them ,never mind read them!

Well,I guess I'll go on to the next post and hope that I can see it!My old eyes don't see this stuff so good ! :rolleyes::lol:

Both he and Locke have what I will call "Jason Ward Syndrome". Tear up the "A", but don't get the same numbers in the NHL.

Jason Ward Syndrome, nice.

Yeah we really gotta hand it to Gainey and Timmins, I believe they've solidified the success of the franchise for years to come.

Archived