The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tiger Woods Is Noooo Fan Of Nhl

Anyone read he gazzette this morning.

I just lost a lot of respect for Tiger Woods..

When asked about who he thinks is going to win the stanley cup he replied

"I don't really care", " I dont think anyone really watches Hockey anymore do they?"

What kind of answer is that, YOU PLAY GOLF, someone should body check him next time he tries to swing the club..

Anyone read he gazzette this morning.

I just lost a lot of respect for Tiger Woods..

When asked about who he thinks is going to win the stanley cup he replied

"I don't really care", " I dont think anyone really watches Hockey anymore do they?"

What kind of answer is that, YOU PLAY GOLF, someone should body check him next time he tries to swing the club..

Do people really watch golf? The most boring spectator sport, 2nd only to watching paint dry and grass grow.

I really hate watching golf. What was Tiger Woods thinking when he said somehting like that though? Most professional 'sportsmen/women' (i use speech marks as I use the term loosely to include golfers (joke)) try to answer questions in the most non-controversial way to avoid upsetting anyone needlessly. Especially when he could have said something trivial like "I dont really mind?" and saved many upset hockey fans dissing him and starting discussion boards about his stupid answer!

Think before you speak!

I really hate watching golf. What was Tiger Woods thinking when he said somehting like that though? Most professional 'sportsmen/women' (i use speech marks as I use the term loosely to include golfers (joke)) try to answer questions in the most non-controversial way to avoid upsetting anyone needlessly. Especially when he could have said something trivial like "I dont really mind?" and saved many upset hockey fans dissing him and starting discussion boards about his stupid answer!

Think before you speak!

:lol:

clearly, woods has never been to montreal.

He is right for the most part. Other then Canada there isn't a large amount of interest. There are just the die hard fans like myself. I can't stand watching gold or baseball though I find them alright to actually play. They lack the speed and excitment of hockey. Strangely that seems to be why a lot of people don't like watching hockey. They find it to fast and to intense and just want to sit there and relax wacthing nascar (bleh). I could go and get something in between each pitch in baseball it's so slow. I guess some people just can't handle the speed or of the game or just can't appreciate how awesome it is to skate down the ice at full speed trying to deke someone out. There is nothing like it.

Sometimes an individual can impress the heck out of you for their abilities in a certain area (such as a specific sport), and with their dedication and resolve to being the very best, while at the same time leaving a very clear impression (even if only over time) that they carry some personality trait(s) that are (much) less than endearing.

Tiger Woods has struck me in that way for some time now.

Lance Armstrong, similarly (have a read of "From Lance to Landis").

In early times I was quite in awe of them. Once I got to know more of how they presented themselves, and how important they feel they'd become, and how 'little' others were, I realized they really aren't anything special as people.

Terry Fox, they are not.

He is an american. Americans don't watch hockey. If someone in Canada were asked "Who will win in the MLS finals this year?" would you care? Or even more, would you even know the teams in the finals?
I suppose the point is Tiger is not just "someone". I don't imagine his agent nor Nike are too impressed with the comment. Some golf fans that want to "be like Tiger" and shell out bucks (CD$ and US$) for Nike golf "stuff" are also hockey fans. When most of your money is made off of endorsements, the whole game is not to *** anyone off.

Thing is, you can get to the point where you've already made so much money, that you don't much care. Tiger may be about there now. ;)

:lol:

clearly, woods has never been to montreal.

Sure he has. Presidents Cup last year...and I'm sure he remebers it well since all the partians were chanting "MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY", as Weir won that match. :lol:

This is just Tiger's version of payback for getting beat.

Tiger is one huge SOB. But either way, I agree with this, and it should be Weir or Ames, to uphold our honour!!! :lol:

BETTER YET, it should be mandatory for all Canadian Golfers to have a hockey stick in their bag...either for playing use, or just dramatic affect. :lol: :lol: woot!

http://www.linksmagazine.com/best_of_golf/...ay_in_golf.aspx

TV ratings are down and golf participation has been flat at best. One big reason: Golf is slow, both to play and watch

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/05/20...44f007ade6d.txt

I never thought it would come down to this. Never in a million swings did I think I would concede that watching golf is like watching paint dry or watching my dog sleep on a sunny day.

I always thought people who likened golf to stamp collecting just didn't get it. They were the crazy ones, not me. That's what I thought anyway. Silly me.

I see what they see now. It pains me to admit this, but golf without Tiger Woods is soooooo boooooring.

PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem has got a serious problem on his hands. With his best player rehabbing a bum knee, Finchem's product really isn't a product anymore, not a sellable one anyway.

He does have somewhat of a point.....In the US a large percentage of NHL fans lose interest in the sport all together once their favourite team is out.

For some thats true. Ill admit, once Montreal got eliminated my interest dropped. Still care about whats going on, but its not an active part anymore till the fall. But Im like that about all sports, not just hockey.

nowhere does Woods say the US has no interest in hockey.....
Good point. I find many Americans to be rather "U.S.-centric" -- those individuals do not, or maybe just refuse to, contemplate that there is a world outside of the US of A. My analogy is that many Americans think the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are the same body of water -- it's just one mass of water to them, wrapped around the earth, from the US east coast to the US west coast!!

Who cares what Tiger Woods thinks. Golf just as boring as soccer.

Don't be dissin' soccer now. It's still a bigger sport than hockey will ever be. This is coming from a guy who follows hockey like a religion!

But golf? Yuck! If I wanted to be put to sleep, then maybe, just maybe, I would watch it.

Also, isn't golf the pass-time of hockey players when they want to RELAX? That's what the losers of the playoffs do when they have no more hockey to play...

Archived