The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tsn And Nhl Sign A 6-year Broadcast Extension

TSN.ca: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239614&amp...os=secStory_nhl

NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=365104

William Houston of the Globe and Mail: http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ortsHockey/home

This is a great deal for the NHL and TSN, but the biggest winners in this deal will be hockey fans in Canada.

thanks for the links. hmmm...

"Headlining TSN's increased Canadian team coverage is the Toronto Maple Leafs with 17 appearances annually, followed by Montreal with 15, and 10 appearances each for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa."

that is good news...if you're a leafs fan. ;)

kidding. i don't watch the habs on tsn but it'll be nice to check out other canadian teams. i see, yet again, the sens are at the bottom of the list tied for ten games. sens fans get no love.

TAKE THAT MR TIGER WOODS!! ;)

"Headlining TSN's increased Canadian team coverage is the Toronto Maple Leafs with 17 appearances annually, followed by Montreal with 15, and 10 appearances each for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa."

kidding. i don't watch the habs on tsn but it'll be nice to check out other canadian teams. i see, yet again, the sens are at the bottom of the list tied for ten games. sens fans get no love.

:( I love the Sens. :mellow:

The Oilers and Canucks had the least amount of TSN telecasts for the last two seasons while the Senators had a bit more. Overall, it seems that TSN does not care about the west.

The Oilers and Canucks had the least amount of TSN telecasts for the last two seasons while the Senators had a bit more. Overall, it seems that TSN does not care about the west.

really? that's disappointing. why wouldn't they play a double header whenever they could?

western teams must have alternative sports channels to watch their teams on don't they?

i know the sens have sportsnet but i rarely find a game on those channels.

This is good news for the most part. The only bad part for me personally is I don't always have cable (and right now I'm in the US so don't have TSN anyways), and TSN doesn't stream games. However, their broadcast is superior to any others out there, and I'm glad that they are getting in on more of the lucrative Canadian team games. It's also great that they somehow got potential access to the third round of the playoffs (I have no idea how they pulled this off) and possibly showing Canadian teams in the post season (the way it's worded makes me think this will only occur if all 3 teams in one conference make the playoffs - I remember back when Theo broke out having to watch the playoffs on SRC or whatever the French CBC is called because CBC had gotten the NHL to give the Leafs one night and then Ottawa and Montreal were playing at the same time, so CBC had to alternate. It was stupid, this makes a lot more sense, if they have overflow, TSN may be able to to make a case for it.

I assume the 17 Leafs games are all national, and this is in addition to the Leafs Regional games? Or does this mean that Molson Leafs Hockey is no more? I wouldn't shed any tears, Molson Leafs Hockey was ridiculously biased (not that they ever claimed to be impartial) and never showed very big games such as ones involving Montreal, so I never really had to watc it.

This is good news for the most part. The only bad part for me personally is I don't always have cable (and right now I'm in the US so don't have TSN anyways), and TSN doesn't stream games. However, their broadcast is superior to any others out there, and I'm glad that they are getting in on more of the lucrative Canadian team games. It's also great that they somehow got potential access to the third round of the playoffs (I have no idea how they pulled this off) and possibly showing Canadian teams in the post season (the way it's worded makes me think this will only occur if all 3 teams in one conference make the playoffs - I remember back when Theo broke out having to watch the playoffs on SRC or whatever the French CBC is called because CBC had gotten the NHL to give the Leafs one night and then Ottawa and Montreal were playing at the same time, so CBC had to alternate. It was stupid, this makes a lot more sense, if they have overflow, TSN may be able to to make a case for it.

I assume the 17 Leafs games are all national, and this is in addition to the Leafs Regional games? Or does this mean that Molson Leafs Hockey is no more? I wouldn't shed any tears, Molson Leafs Hockey was ridiculously biased (not that they ever claimed to be impartial) and never showed very big games such as ones involving Montreal, so I never really had to watc it.

i can't argue with the bias because i was really disappointed with rds' unbiased coverage of the habs in these playoffs.

i thought mlh was the leafs' network? it's ridiculous if they don't air all games. why not? they don't have rights to all of them because of the cbc? weird.

really? that's disappointing. why wouldn't they play a double header whenever they could?

Unfortunately, TSN will air only five to six doubleheaders during the regular season.

western teams must have alternative sports channels to watch their teams on don't they?

i know the sens have sportsnet but i rarely find a game on those channels.

Yes, the western teams also have Sportsnet as their main carrier along with Pay-per-view.

Archived