The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Standings Predictions For Habs

It's a little bit early and a lot of things can change during the summer but it's still interesting to know where do you guys see our Habs next season.

Personally I really liked the fact that last season we were underrated and it seemed like the team had something to prove. In retrospective (weirdly enough) for 08-09 I'm "unhappilly" putting the habs in 2nd in the East, considering we sign our RFA's and there won't be no big changes in places like Smolinski's and Brisebois' spots. Unhappilly because we won't have much to prove (well except to show the rest of NHL that last season wasn't a fluke) and because the last two teams that finished on top of the East didn't quite finish well the next season (i.e.: Buffalo, Ottawa). :rolleyes:

Your take? :D

4th in the east.

As of right now, I'd be inclined to agree, between 4th-6th. I don't think we'll have the dream season we did last year, especially in terms of key players being so healthy. We're a comfortable playoff team, and we'll battle for home ice, and probably the division, but from 1-6 will be a total log jam again, a guy like Kovalev missing 10-11 games, or Plekanec being out for a while could make the difference between 2nd and 6th.

But before truly making a prediction I have to see what we, and other teams, do this offseason.

Ill get back to you around July 7th ;)

LOL yep lets wait and see if bob is able to add some more punch to the team. Remember pittsburg threw that last game against philly so they could play ottawa and with that loss gave us 1st in the east. I think pittsburg will finnish first in the east but i hope i am wrong.

I'll say the habs finish top 4 in conference and top 6-8 in the league.If we sign Sundin we are forsure legit cup contenders.If you think of the team last season and how good they were now add Sundin and Tanguay and on paper that is a Stanley Cup contending team.

I have to agree with jennifer rocket, anywhere from 1 to 4 in the East. We have vastly improved our team without losing anything, if Sundin comes to Hab town (depending what goes the other way, I'm guessing a package of a 2nd/3rd rd pick and a low to mid level prospect). We'll have basically all the same pieces with a couple of young guys brought up

I say out in the first round

Whatever you are smoking it must be good S**t.If Montreal can get Sundin signed and with Tanguay and our key core of veterans and upcoming young talent,it's gotta be first overall in the conference,Pittsburgh will have lost Hossa,Malone,Orpik and maybe some others and will have to fill in via free agents or farm team so Pittsburgh drops a little not too much but still enough the habs grab top spot. :D

Archived