The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Official 2008 Nhl Draft Discussion Thread

HabsAdmin

i'm not keen. his ranking is pretty low and the scouting reports have called him lazy. but, i've never seen him play so...

just saying he is there, cant overlook the bloodline

Unfortunately, TSN is not doing live coverage of phone calls between Bob gainey and Mats Sundin.

A few minutes into the draft, Gainey dealt his first-round pick and a second-rounder next year (Canadiens' pick, not the one from Washington for Cristobal Huet) to acquire Alex Tanguay from the Calgary Flames.

Canadiens also acquired the exclusive right to talk to Sundin. What they'll pay the Leafs probably will depend on whether they can sign him.

Botom line on draft night for Montreal fans:

The future is now.

Boone-HIO

just saying he is there, cant overlook the bloodline

Unfortunately, TSN is not doing live coverage of phone calls between Bob gainey and Mats Sundin.

A few minutes into the draft, Gainey dealt his first-round pick and a second-rounder next year (Canadiens' pick, not the one from Washington for Cristobal Huet) to acquire Alex Tanguay from the Calgary Flames.

Canadiens also acquired the exclusive right to talk to Sundin. What they'll pay the Leafs probably will depend on whether they can sign him.

Botom line on draft night for Montreal fans:

The future is now.

Boone-HIO

bingo!

this team got a little more depth and maybe just maybe a player who's willing to put in the extra effort for the fans and this city.

Gainey should definitely move up to a high spot in the second round.

Mikhail Stefanovich. He's available, since we have recent success with Belarussians. So why not?

Maybe, Nicolas Deschamps. They both put up a point-per-game numbers. Both would be a great fit under our system.

Maybe Ryder and another draft pick for an extra second rounder?

Maybe, Nicolas Deschamps. They both put up a point-per-game numbers. Both would be a great fit under our system.

I can't believe Deschamps wasn't taken first round. Not to mention, not 1 Q player was taken either. That's kinda embarrasing. <_<

C'mon Gainey, try and move up! Get Nico!

^^^^^

Grabovski maybe?

Good morning everyone. Have you had your wheaties, and are you ready to defend your pick? I must say I was very pleased with how everyone acted yesterday, all that therapy must be really paying off. Kudos to NSD for not losing it yesterday, and he can't even see the show. I hope everyone has a great day, and enjoys the rest of the draft. Isn't it great to be a HABS fan?

Cheers

Archived