What will Mats Sundin do?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Go in Retirement or Play Hockey?

• Retire.
    • Sign with Toronto
    • Sign with Vancouver
    • Sign with Montreal
    • Sign with another Team

Please take note everyone that this clip is not from today. It was uploaded just before the trade deadline last winter. LOTS of water under the bridge since then. So I suggest you do like me and not factor in this 'reaction' in your opinion :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please take note everyone that this clip is not from today. It was uploaded just before the trade deadline last winter. LOTS of water under the bridge since then. So I suggest you do like me and not factor in this 'reaction' in your opinion :)

Thanks, I just realized that.

Him coming to Montreal, hahaha I could not imagine that happening!

I would love to see the Leafs fans reactions if that did happen though!

Vaclav Prospal

To get his rights, Philadelphia got a 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK and a 4th round draft pick if he resigns.

I really hope we don't get Sundin. He is 37 years and he already stated he may retire. A 1st for a guy who will probably retire in a year or two? I don't thinkso. I'd rather take a gameble on the prospect!

I agree.

Vaclav Prospal

To get his rights, Philadelphia got a 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK and a 4th round draft pick if he resigns.

I really hope we don't get Sundin. He is 37 years and he already stated he may retire. A 1st for a guy who will probably retire in a year or two? I don't thinkso. I'd rather take a gameble on the prospect!

Sundin only had 7 more points than Prospal.

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur
Sundin only had 7 more points than Prospal.

Sundin earns 7 more points than Prospal because he played with shite wingers for a shite team, BUT ALSO Prospal earns many points because he played with St-Louis and Lecavalier. Who would you take? Someone who can do the job by himself and get even better with better players all year long or the other who scores a lot because he plays with two top-of-the-league players on his line for 3/4 of the season?

Sundin earns 7 more points than Prospal because he played with shite wingers for a shite team, BUT ALSO Prospal earns many points because he played with St-Louis and Lecavalier. Who would you take? Someone who can do the job by himself and get even better with better players all year long or the other who scores a lot because he plays with two top-of-the-league players on his line for 3/4 of the season?

Didn't say I wanted to take Prospal...

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur
Didn't say I wanted to take Prospal...

That's why IMO taking Prospal would be wrong. In any case, Tampa already got him back.

Fan590 saying that the best possible pick for Sundin rights would only be a second rounder. If the first rounder is for someone else I wonder who it's for?

Bob McCowan also says that Mats is bolting and going to the hated arch rivals and that he should have done it at the deadline. I guess it is assumed that there is a deal in place. Kind of like Brian Burke going to Toronto?

Also says possibly 2 years at 8 M

There's hockey talk then there's this...............4 pages of nothing.

Someone want to explain to me why BG would trade anything for Sundin, when he can just make an outright offer to him July 1st??????????????????

So BG has the rights to speak to Sundin's agent. Probably worth a low draft pick based on past situations. However if it true that BG traded the 25th pick (our first round pick) then it would seem to me that BG is close to a deal with Sundin's agent.

Hopefully it only costs the one draft pick. But it does seem about right amount of compensation for the Leafs as BG still had to open the vault and Sundin still had to agree to the new contract offer. BG could have just waited until July 1st but the upside to Sundin to putting Montreal over the top is worth the #25 pick.

Probably why Timmins said that draft was not as strong as believed. Preparation by Timmins that Montreal could afford to lose #25 pick. Hey. Montreal has several good 3rd and 4th lines players, prospects, and 5/6/7 defencemen so maybe some of these could be used to land a higher first round (top 10) where the talent pool is potentially a star player in a few seasons.

Allow me to dream for a moment will you? Imagine if this turns out true and we sign Selenne off the FA list? Death to the NHL, DEATH I SAY! The cup will be ours! *cackles madly*

I look at it as death tot he Canadiens. I'll take youth and talent over talent and age any day. When you sign these older guys, you never know when that freak injury will pop up and grab ya......poof Sundin out 8 weeks with a groin.

However do you chance that to add an addition 65-75 points to an already dominant team?

Archived