The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Raycroft And Wellwood Put On Waivers

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241542&amp...os=secStory_nhl

I will always remember Raycroft for his abiliy to make highlight reel saves and them follow them up by letting in an unscreened floater from the blueline. He helped make the Leafs one of the easiest teams to come back against. Not that it's all his fault though and maybe he'll get another chance if he wants it some where not so in the limelight.

I can understand sending Raycroft but Wellwood? I know he's had lots of injury problems but still he's not a bad player. And he doesn't cost too much either... could have made an effort to sign him and try to trade him?

Wellwood is a smaller, slower version of Ribeiro: great playmaking skills, terrible attitude. Plus he's too injury-prone and can't be bothered to stay in good shape. I'm not surprised to see him waived.

Wellwood is a smaller, slower version of Ribeiro: great playmaking skills, terrible attitude. Plus he's too injury-prone and can't be bothered to stay in good shape. I'm not surprised to see him waived.

i always thot the kid was good? i never knew he had a bad attitude where did you hear this what happened?

The leafs seem to be dumping a lot of salary this off season. Sundin, Tucker, Kubina, Wellwood, Raycroft.... Are they totally gutting themselves to start rebuilding? I know they arent going to land any big free agents if they are getting rid of half their team.

i always thot the kid was good? i never knew he had a bad attitude where did you hear this what happened?

He's very talented, but the knock on him is that he's too lazy to keep himself in good physical shape. As a result, he's often injured.

This has been reported in a few articles which I can't cite right now.

Look at that gut!!! :blink:

n5033381275650219290vl6.jpg

:lol: too funny! looking more like a baseball or football player.

I guess he will lose it fast though...once he can start working out (only guessing because I see he is wearing a cast).

His friend is hot though...she would just need to fill up the back side of her shorts a little more. ;)

edit: the pic is a little PAPARAZZI creepy though. Players can't just chill and relax anymore..and in this case let his fat hang out for awhile. LOL

Archived