The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hawks/wings New Years Day At Wrigley Field!!!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/23999864.html

looks like I know where I will be on new years day!!!

Hawks, Wings to play Jan. 1 at Wrigley Field

According to an NHL source, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings will participate in the league's second outdoor Winter Classic on New Year's Day.

The game will take place at Wrigley Field. An announcement is expected next week before the inaugural "Blackhawks Convention" at the Chicago Hilton.

Last New Year's Day, the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Buffalo Sabres in a shootout in front of an NHL-record crowd of 71,217 at Ralph Wilson Stadium

I thought that an outdoor game in montreal for our 100th anniversary would've been great but we've already played against the oilers and I don't know where we could play in montreal.. but I'm looking forward to that hawks/wings game, looks pretty good :) I hope the goalies will wear once again touques on their helmets

• 2 months later...
anybody know where to get tickets? at my local ticket broker they were charging 475$ for upperdeck. Im wondering if anybody knows where to buy tickets for a normal price maybe 100 plus upperdeck or 200 down stairs. I live in lower state New York.

Tickets sales for the Winter Classic have not been announced yet. Season ticket holders don't even know what tickets they have yet.

Normally I wouldn't care because the idea of an outdoor game is already getting kind of old, but as a huge baseball fan the fact that it's in Wrigley, one of the absolute greatest sporting venues ever, in any sport, kind of excites me

Archived