The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Worst Team Of 08-09

Who do you think is going to be next years worst NHL team this year it was L.A who do you think it is?

I personaly think it will be The Kings again.

Because of the division they are in, yes the kings are a safe bet.

Others teams who will probably have a hard time: Atlanta, Panthers, Toronto, Islanders and Colombus come to mind.

I hhink LA will be better, but they won't make the playoff's. I think the islanders will finish last.

I think the Kings will be the worst team in the league again this year. They lost Lubo Visnovsky and Mike Camalleri and have not come close to replacing them.

Isles will be pretty bad as will be Atlanta and Florida. Toronto will be a little worse than last year but will still manage to be 12-13th in the East as other teams in the basement are also getting weaker.

Atlanta is the clear cut favourite. An early swoon and we will see Kovalchuk have a melt down and play like Jagr. Lehtonen their goalie can never seem to stay healthy and their pick up of Ron Hainsey will likely backfire with the lack of defensive structure on the team. This team needs some lottery picks to re-build. The fan base is not there either. And they have the second dumbest nickname in the NHL (The WILD take this honour). Could this franchise be the one to move? Maybe they could put a second team in Calgary.

hey dont count out the leafs!! apparently word is here that mccabe is a goner whether he likes it or not...sundin is gone...whos going to score for them? jason blake? the leafs are going to suck badly this year, im going to throughly enjoy it. atlanta LA and florida shuold stink righteously too.

@memories of SP....id actually say thrashers is worse than wild. but its cutting hairs at that point, both names are horrible.at least minny has a better jersey, and deserves a hockey team. i cant wait until atlanta no longer has a hockey team, hopefully in the next couple of years.

Penguins. Not because I don't like them much, it's just that I'm sick of all the Crosby hype, which is just going to be worse now that they came so close (ie, the Finals; they were really no match for the Wings.) Then again, I don't know if I want them getting Tavares either...

I don't know about Toronto or the Isles, both have good goalies who will steal them a few points to keep them out of dead last.

I'd guess LA as well, although a few more moves have to be made there because they're well under the salary floor, so they may end up making themselves better.

My guess is, we're going to be surprised, but off the bat, I would say

LA, Toronto, NYI and possibly TB will be vying for first pick in the 2009 draft.

I don't know about Toronto or the Isles, both have good goalies who will steal them a few points to keep them out of dead last.

Good goalies but look at whats in front of them! TO has a couple of solid defensmen, but horrible overall team defense....the Isles...well I think Mark Streit just became their #1 dman - and while I like Mark & will miss him - oh man Id be scared if he was even in our top 3, frankly.

I think Florida could be in for a tough time without Jokinen.

Florida will have a tough time.

What about St. Louis? I cant name anyone on that team except Kariya and Brewer.

Canes and Atlanta -- although playing in that division makes all of those teams level off.

Archived