The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Sign Max Pacioretty

pitbull12

I like this signing but it only leads me to believe that we are out of the hunt for Sundin. Good luck Max! Signed for 3 years...we can call him MP3.
It'll be a two-way contract. I would not expect Max to play any in the NHL this year, but you never know. His one and best chance is to outplay/outshow Latendresse for a spot.

As per Team990, 3-year Entry level deal...

I wonder where he fits in the lineup,

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=368613

At least with a college player, you don't have to wait 2 years to send them to the AHL like you do with junior players. I'm sure he'll be going to Hamilton, not starting in Montreal, and as long as Gainey and Timmins feel he's ready for that next step without rushing him, I'll trust their decision here.

I like this signing but it only leads me to believe that we are out of the hunt for Sundin. Good luck Max! Signed for 3 years...we can call him MP3.

that only works if he wears number 3 if not pacman

Do I get to see a Larraque-Lapierre-Pacioretty line this year? :P Lapierre gets in deep, Larraque picks it up along the boards, Pacioretty puts it in net! :D

well now that pacman is signed i will guarantee you laraquer wont have a regular shift

Here comes the Pac-Attack. Look out Lats.

i think they would be good but on different lines i thin kwith both our forwards with out sundin are like this

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Koivalev

tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse

pacman-Higgins-S.Kostitsyn

Lappierre-chipchura-kostopolous

A 3 year entry leveal deal for a guy who will likely spend the whole year in the AHL leads you to believe we are out of the running for Mats? Huh?

It has no impact whatsoever on the Sundin front.

Just saying with the signing they are dipping deeper into their pockets leaving less and less for Sundin. Not even sure what the contract's worth.

Patches is almost certainly on a two-way contract, and his chances of making the roster this season are quite remote. Therefore, if he plays in Hamilton, his salary doesn't count against the cap. It's really a non-issue as far as us having money to sign Sundin.

A 3 year entry leveal deal for a guy who will likely spend the whole year in the AHL leads you to believe we are out of the running for Mats? Huh?

It has no impact whatsoever on the Sundin front.

Just saying with the signing they are dipping deeper into their pockets leaving less and less for Sundin. Not even sure what the contract's worth.

Maybe Gainey and Co. has a trade in the works and by doing this signs Pacman so that he can fill one of the positions and depending on what he signed for i don't think it would be much more than 500,000 per season,but then again if he stays in the AHL his money doesn't count against the big teams cap so they still may be in the running for Sundin,only time will tell.

Archived