The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Which Hab Will Lead The Canadiens In Points In 2008-2009?

DA_Champion

Which Hab Will Lead The Canadiens In Points In 2008-2009?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hab Will Lead The Canadiens In Points In 2008-2009?

• Saku Koivu
    • Alex Kovalev
    • Alex Tanguay
    • Tomas Plekanec
    • Andrei Markov
    • Andrei Kostitsyn
    • Sergei Kostitsyn
    • Chris Higgins
    • Roman Hamrlik
    • Other - please list.

Tough prediction to make.

I'm going to go with... Saku Koivu, career season, best wingers he's had in his life in some likely combination of Tanguay, S. Kostitsyn and Higgins. I think he'll rebound from one of the worst years of his careers.

As time will be split between three offensive lines I don't see anyone breaking 80 points. The top point getter might get 65 or 70 points I think, and the second best will be less than 5 points back.

We had seven guys above 40 points last year; this year: Koivu, Higgins, Tanguay, Kostitsyn, Kostitsyn, Kovalev, Plekanek, Markov and possibly Latendresse will break forty points.

My post assumes no Mats Sundin.

I added a poll - most are completely unlikely, but you never know. ;)

Thanks for that, I'm new to the forum and didn't realize that could be done :-)

Andrei K. Career season, with new confidence and skill.

He's a bit young for his career season.

I feel like Tangay will have a great year and top 80pts playing on the top 2 lines. It's a contract year playing in a new situation and feels very happy to be out from under Iron Mike. He might even reacha career total of 90+pts

I don't think that's possible, the Canadiens are too deep a team.

Only like five, six, seven guys in the NHL get 90 points in a season, and those are the guys who play 28 minutes a game and who are the highest superstars (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Zetterbgerg, Datsyuk, and Iginla).

Nobody on the Canadiens will be averaging 28 minutes a game except possibly: Markov, Komisarek, and Carey Price, and I don't see any of those guys breaking 90 points.

Only like five, six, seven guys in the NHL get 90 points in a season, and those are the guys who play 28 minutes a game and who are the highest superstars (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Zetterbgerg, Datsyuk, and Iginla).

Nobody on the Canadiens will be averaging 28 minutes a game except possibly: Markov, Komisarek, and Carey Price, and I don't see any of those guys breaking 90 points.

i think kostitsyn could do it because of his skill sze and position diversity, he can play either wing so hes guaranteed to play top line wing. he is also guaranteed pp time because he can play in front of the net or he could play on the outside with his good shot. I think he has the potential of being the top scorer but the biggest decision is the lines one we see those we can make a far more accurate assumption though they wont last forever

I too don't forsee Carey Price getting 90 points. ;)

I for one will be pulling for kovalev. Was impressed with him with having a come-back year.

Hoping he can back up the great season he showed us, that it was not just a one year thing.

I like his veteran presence among our young guns, i feel he does bring a presence of leadership to our team,

and that`s a good thing,in my opinion....Go kovalev, GO HABS GO

Tangauy/Kovalev will finish 1/2 on the team. But I have afunny feeling we may have 4-5 players this year with 70-85 points, now that woul dbe something.

My reasoning. The entire Division got worse, while the Canadiens got better.

Okay, here goes:

1. Kovalev

2. A. Kostitsyn

3. Tanguay

4. Plekanec

5. Koivu

6. Markov

7. Higgins

8. S. Kostitsyn

9. Latendresse

10. Hamrlik

Kovalev will lead in goal and points and be somewhere near 82-87Pts (and will be an All Star)

2-5 will all be very close. Andrei somewhere near 70Pts...Saku at 65-67

Markov at Koivu will battle for the assist lead

Higgins & Sergei will both improve on last year

And, in net....Halak will finished with 1 point...Price will get 4 A's.

Archived