The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Yanick Lehoux

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This guy deserves a call up...He's playing well and at his age I'm willing to bet he's hungry to show management what he can do.

Whats the knock on this guy? Ill admit I havent seen him much but on paper he looks like a serviceable player. Even his (limited) NHL numbers are decent - 4pts in 10 games 240 pts in 315 career AHL games...

so why did Phoenix give up on him?

Incidentally did anyone notice he was drafted by LA - then claimed on waivers by Phoenix - then claimed on waivers by LA - then traded back to Phoenix!! lol Talk about 2 teams that couldnt make up their minds about a player!

Whats the knock on this guy? Ill admit I havent seen him much but on paper he looks like a serviceable player. Even his (limited) NHL numbers are decent - 4pts in 10 games 240 pts in 315 career AHL games...

so why did Phoenix give up on him?

Incidentally did anyone notice he was drafted by LA - then claimed on waivers by Phoenix - then claimed on waivers by LA - then traded back to Phoenix!! lol Talk about 2 teams that couldnt make up their minds about a player!

I'm not really sure what the knock is, according to the star.com it's: " Must learn the intricacies of playing defensive hockey. Is not physical and can get pushed around by bigger NHL defensemen."

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff/hockey/player.cgi?2131

I'd take the Star's assessment or anyone else's with a grain of salt

• 4 weeks later...

With the chance of Koivu being out with a foot/ankle injury, think he'll be the next call-up?

He leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points(6g-22a) in 26 games which is also good for 5th in the league for active players. He's also got a thick french accent which would make some media happy.

With the chance of Koivu being out with a foot/ankle injury, think he'll be the next call-up?

He leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points(6g-22a) in 26 games which is also good for 5th in the league for active players. He's also got a thick french accent which would make some media happy.

Either him or Ben Maxwell, Ben scores more goals, is a bigger guy and has more long-term potential, and he's younger.

Lehoux has better stats.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived