The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Beijing 2008

baxus

I don't like that China got the Olympics but I still watch them.

Judo, Tae Kwon do, Fencing, Boxing is always cool to watch.

The only other sport I follow is Women's soccer. I really got hooked up during last year's Women's World Cup. Since I do not have cable or satelite TV, I only had access to the Montreal Impacts and Toronto FC games... then came the women's world cup and I was like wow, this is more exciting than watching the Impact play!!!!!!

Canada vs Sweden today at 0745 GOOOOO CANADA!!! KARA LANG IS TEH SEX!!!11 She's my favourite woman athlete now.

Phelps wins another Gold Medal tonight.....am I the only one that thinks this guy is on steroids??

Some good news for Canada right now, the Women's Softball team is leading Chinese Taipei 4-0 in the Bottom of the 5th Inning.

Phelps is almost certainly NOT on steroids; in fact, he's part of a big program promoting drug-free sport amongst US athletes, where he voluntarily undergoes testing and blood sampling twice a week so that it can be examined and used in future studies and testing.

unfortunately.... nope.

... I'm so ashamed, but I can't blame the athletes, I mean they're giving their best shot and still, it's not enough.

I didn't expect to see a medal until the 2nd -3rd day. A bronze medal to start, followed by a few silver then one gold that no one expected but 0 medals?? :(

Phelps is almost certainly NOT on steroids; in fact, he's part of a big program promoting drug-free sport amongst US athletes, where he voluntarily undergoes testing and blood sampling twice a week so that it can be examined and used in future studies and testing.

QFT, was watching CBC and the announcers were saying that he actually volunteers for extra testing to prove that he isn't on steroids.

I hope the women's soccer team will at least win bronze. I think they could beat USA but I'm not so sure if they could go farther... Canada really needs to start playing a better possession game if they want to keep up and I'm sure they can and not just because this Nigel Reed guy said so.

Oh and Kara Lang is sooo sex GOOOOO CANADA!!!!11

canada has no medals so far?

that's a surprise, considering you guys have athletes in 25 out of 28 sports (if i remember correctly)

i know how you feel, serbia won no medals neither...

we had a good shot at 2 medals in women's tennis single, but after ivanovic withdrew, we can get "only" one...

jankovic remains to bring a medal for serbia in that event and she is struggling with injury day-by-day and is far from certain to win...

a medal can also be won in men's tennis single, if djokovic keeps up the good work, although federer and nadal are favourites for the final...

men's water polo team serbia is somewhat certain for a medal (medals will be distributed among hungary, croatia, montenegro or serbia that's 99% certain)

men's volleyball might still yield one medal for us, but that depends on our team finding the game they had in world's league...

cavic is pretty good in 100m butterfly so we hope to get something out of that, too

we had some hopes for:

1) rowing - stojic and jagar in men's coxless pairs, but they went out in the semifinals

2) shooting - sekaric was 6th or 7th in air pistol (she won 5 medals in the last 5 olympics, carried our flag in the opening ceremony)

3) wrestling - fris and stefanek had a pretty bad draw and came up short of the medal

wow. thanks, i hadn't heard that. i guess he would subscribe to a testing program given that he seems super-human in the water - a lot of people would be questioning him, unfortunately, if he didn't.

they broke the world record by a body length in the men's relay last night thanks to his lead. a lot of fun to watch.

wow. thanks, i hadn't heard that. i guess he would subscribe to a testing program given that he seems super-human in the water - a lot of people would be questioning him, unfortunately, if he didn't.

they broke the world record by a body length in the men's relay last night thanks to his lead. a lot of fun to watch.

And it's not like he's massive or anything. He's in great shape, but he's not overly muscular or anything. That's not to say he can't be on steroids, not everyone on steroids starts to look like HHH (wrestler), but I see no reason to immediately suspect it either.

And it's not like he's massive or anything. He's in great shape, but he's not overly muscular or anything. That's not to say he can't be on steroids, not everyone on steroids starts to look like HHH (wrestler), but I see no reason to immediately suspect it either.

Roids are really for muscle mass and power so I don't see how it could help a swimmer. On the other hand, he could be on hundreds of other performance enhancing drugs, many US athletes have been found guilty of taking drugs many years after the actual event. Like you said, I don't think there's any reason to supect anything especially with the amount of testing nowdays...but...history always seems to repeat itself.

Roids are really for muscle mass and power so I don't see how it could help a swimmer. On the other hand, he could be on hundreds of other performance enhancing drugs, many US athletes have been found guilty of taking drugs many years after the actual event. Like you said, I don't think there's any reason to supect anything especially with the amount of testing nowdays...but...history always seems to repeat itself.

Cough cough Ben Johnson cough cough.

here's an interesting article from the winnipeg sun attempting to explain his unmatched talent in the water:

phelps designed to win

you're certainly right, i doubt it would be roids but the discussion began because someone noted that phelps voluntarily undergoes testing and blood sampling twice a week in order to dispell any suspicion, i imagine, and to promote drug-free sports. it helps, if you read the article above, that he's physically built for the sport unlike most. :)

Archived