The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Blue Jackets Prospect Quits

Thats gotto suck, imagine one of our 1st/2nd round picks decided to quit.. It would be all over the papers..

But at the same time, there is probably more to this, then him waking up one morning and saying... I dont like hockey anymore, and thats that..

i hope its like i won the 6/49 :P

According to the following source it looks to be personal issues and Columbus knew about it and tried to resolve it.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...e6-42d3338fcbd3

"Stefan felt that he wasn't quite ready to attend camp. He's a 19-year- old who maybe has to grow up a little bit yet." Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson said, "Stefan has informed us that he's not coming to camp. We're surprised that Stefan has decided that this is what he wants to do. We're surprised it has come to this.

"We knew there were issues with Stefan going back to last spring. We've talked through it with him and we haven't had any success."

The Blue Jackets' rookie camp, which Stefan Legein would be required to attend, begins Sept. 12.

Stefan Legein had signed a three-year contract with Columbus and attended the team's development camp this past July, but elected not to train with the club's strength and conditioning coach afterward. That decision came after Legein requested to return home in order to work out after appearing in two playoff games last season with Syracuse, the Blue Jackets' American Hockey League affiliate, instead of remaining with the team.

Howson told the Dispatch that Legein would be placed on the NHL's suspended list if he decides not to attend training camp.

maybe he just really loves his summer job at burger king. I hear they give you 10 pairs of pants when you become manager!

loo. seriously though, maybe its just not all about the money for him. Maybe he has some other career in mind that he is passionate about & hockey is not for him. Until we understand all the details I think its unfair to judge him.

According to the following source it looks to be personal issues and Columbus knew about it and tried to resolve it.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...e6-42d3338fcbd3

"Stefan felt that he wasn't quite ready to attend camp. He's a 19-year- old who maybe has to grow up a little bit yet." Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson said, "Stefan has informed us that he's not coming to camp. We're surprised that Stefan has decided that this is what he wants to do. We're surprised it has come to this.

"We knew there were issues with Stefan going back to last spring. We've talked through it with him and we haven't had any success."

The Blue Jackets' rookie camp, which Stefan Legein would be required to attend, begins Sept. 12.

Stefan Legein had signed a three-year contract with Columbus and attended the team's development camp this past July, but elected not to train with the club's strength and conditioning coach afterward. That decision came after Legein requested to return home in order to work out after appearing in two playoff games last season with Syracuse, the Blue Jackets' American Hockey League affiliate, instead of remaining with the team.

Howson told the Dispatch that Legein would be placed on the NHL's suspended list if he decides not to attend training camp.

More comes out as expected. I'm interested into seeing how this pans out. It's certainly interesting in that its weird for me, a 20 something looking high a low for a decent job, to grasp basically turning down a job. ahaha. Then again, there are plenty of jobs I'd turn down.

If i was him i would have retired atleast after 5 season, make enough money to live with no trouble but i guess he likes working at buger king more then in the NHL.

3 seasons of 850 000

2 seasons of 1 000 000

Its sad to see a kid quit hockey i would kill someone to play in the Nhl for a season (only if i did not get caught).

Archived