The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mccabe To Florida

mcdonald19

Bryan McCabe and draft picks to Florida for Mike Van Ryn? It seems the rumour was true and the deal has gone through (that rhymes). We'll have to see his ugly mug a few less times this year! I would have thought that Toronto would have got the picks but Florida must have felt they needed to warrant the CAP hit perhaps?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/1770...rs-Tuesday.html

lol "rocket" your lucky dude CM must be in a good mood today he will drop the gloves to defend zed anytime :P p.s i still care about zed too i hope he doesnt become a leaf :(

I don't particularly hate Zednik, but you have to admit that the guy does have a black cloud above his head.

The only thing positive about Zednik life is his hot ***** wife Jessica Welch.

I don't particularly hate Zednik, but you have to admit that the guy does have a black cloud above his head.

The only thing positive about Zednik life is his hot ***** wife Jessica Welch.

so because he almost died on the ice last season (and because of the McLaren hit) nobody should still care about Zed and his career?? I see :rolleyes:

He has lots more positive than just the hottest wife in the NHL. ...he's got awesome fans (like me!) :D

so because he almost died on the ice last season (and because of the McLaren hit) nobody should still care about Zed and his career?? I see :rolleyes:

He has lots more positive than just the hottest wife in the NHL. ...he's got awesome fans (like me!) :D

Your a terrible fan you rated Carey Price 15th in the Most Popular Hab chart. You need to rate him at a max 5. :P

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/489529

Damien Cox is spot-on IMO, and really nails the Leafs brass to the wall with the following:;

If Brian Burke or somebody else takes over next June, there may be a reversal of the current program, which appears to be based on slashing payroll to create the perception of a youth movement while simultaneously trading away draft picks for veterans who might help the club stop short of being a complete embarrassment this season.

Kudos, Damien. I cannot for the life of me figure out what Fletcher is doing. Is he creating a youth movement? No, he's trading picks like they have the bubonic plague. Is he building with veteran leadership? No, he's gotten rid of McCabe, Tucker, and (most likely) Sundin. Is he trying to build strength down the middle? No, he's dumped his top two centers from last season -- Sundin and Wellwood -- and only brought in Grabovski -- unproven and undersized -- to make up the deficit. Is he at least fleecing teams to get the best possible return for his trade bait? No, he traded one overpriced player (McCabe) for another (Van Ryn) AND had to include a draft pick and $2 million in bonus payments. Is he, for the love of God, at least spending his free-agent cash wisely? No, he signed Jeff F. Finger to a 4-year deal at $3.5 million per.

Raise your hand if you can tell me what identity Fletcher is trying to build for this Leafs team heading into 2008-09, other than 'crushingly inept non-contenders just competent enough to be ineligible for the Tavares sweepstakes.'

No cuz they got Ron wilson he is a very good coach and will put them in a better position but not good enough to make the playoffs. like 9th place

9th place? your one optimistic person, or maybe the most optimistic person ive ever seen lol, i would say min 12 and im being generous.

9th place? your one optimistic person, or maybe the most optimistic person ive ever seen lol, i would say min 12 and im being generous.

They've got a good goaltender in Toskala, a decent (but overpaid) defensive core in Kaberele, Kubina, Finger, and Van Ryan. They lack much firepower up front, but they may not be completely terrible (I'm expecting probably an 11th-13th place finish)

They've got a good goaltender in Toskala, a decent (but overpaid) defensive core in Kaberele, Kubina, Finger, and Van Ryan. They lack much firepower up front, but they may not be completely terrible (I'm expecting probably an 11th-13th place finish)

Exactly, they'll do just well enough to finish out of the Tavares sweepstakes, but not well enough to make the playoffs. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :lol:

I mean, honestly, with Sundin and Wellwood gone, who is their no. 1 center? Do they have anyone that would be a legit no. 1 center on any playoff-contending team? Is it (snicker) Matt Stajan? Nik Antropov? Grabovski, who couldn't even crack a Habs roster that is weak at the center position? With Sundin, Wellwood, Tucker, and McCabe gone, they have ripped out most of their offensive firepower without doing much, if anything, to replace it, or even sow the seeds for replacing it in a few seasons (all those picks traded away).

Frankly, looking at their crop of forwards, I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish at the bottom of the conference in scoring. And while Toskala is good and their D passable, neither is even close to being good enough to compensate for an offense that looks to be completely moribund.

Exactly, they'll do just well enough to finish out of the Tavares sweepstakes, but not well enough to make the playoffs. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :lol:

I mean, honestly, with Sundin and Wellwood gone, who is their no. 1 center? Do they have anyone that would be a legit no. 1 center on any playoff-contending team? Is it (snicker) Matt Stajan? Nik Antropov? Grabovski, who couldn't even crack a Habs roster that is weak at the center position? With Sundin, Wellwood, Tucker, and McCabe gone, they have ripped out most of their offensive firepower without doing much, if anything, to replace it, or even sow the seeds for replacing it in a few seasons (all those picks traded away).

Frankly, looking at their crop of forwards, I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish at the bottom of the conference in scoring. And while Toskala is good and their D passable, neither is even close to being good enough to compensate for an offense that looks to be completely moribund.

Rookie Nikolai Kulemin have a great chance to be their best sniper next year.

to give you an idea

Rookie Nikolai Kulemin have a great chance to be their best sniper next year.

to give you an idea

It's clear he's got skill but the international game is vastly different than the NHL. I'll reserve judgement on Kulemin until I see how he fares in the tight-checking and smaller ice surfaces of the NHL. Sucess in Europe doesn't always guarantee success in the NHL (see: Morozov, Alexei , Vyborny, David and Kozlov, Victor)

It's clear he's got skill but the international game is vastly different than the NHL. I'll reserve judgement on Kulemin until I see how he fares in the tight-checking and smaller ice surfaces of the NHL. Sucess in Europe doesn't always guarantee success in the NHL (see: Morozov, Alexei , Vyborny, David and Kozlov, Victor)

But as you could see in the video, Kulemin is a also a physical player and shouldn't have trouble to make the RSL/NHL tansition.

They got a good defensive core, good goaltending and a good defensive coach + if the get Sundin he will make them come in 9th place.

Archived