The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Summer Is Over. School Is Starting

mtl1010

So the summer is now over and school has started for some people. So I decided to make this thread for people to discuss about their summer and the school year as it goes along.

My summer was great. It was very relaxing, I went to some day camps and a overnight camp, all were really great. I also watched the Olympics- GO CANADA- but I was also cheering for US. Ya, anyways, it was a great summer.

I'm going to grade 9 at a new school, so it was kinda hard but it wasn't that bad. I'm just worried about the homework I'll be getting and meeting new people.

my summer was sweet...last summer of high school though...yes, i am now in grade 12...i think it'll be a pretty sick year...i got hockey fitness, english, philosophy and spare this semester, and next semester i have gym, spare, biology, and physics...for all you high schoolers, what d'you have this year, coursewise?

my summer was sweet...last summer of high school though...yes, i am now in grade 12...i think it'll be a pretty sick year...i got hockey fitness, english, philosophy and spare this semester, and next semester i have gym, spare, biology, and physics...for all you high schoolers, what d'you have this year, coursewise?

I got science, Art math and french first semester and gym, tech, geography and english second semester

I got science, Art math and french first semester and gym, tech, geography and english second semester

gr11 for me I got french,english,math,entrepreneurship,accounting,gym,world religions and graphics and multimedia! they're awesome. I'm just excited for soccer and rugby season to start in my hhighschool!

gr11 for me I got french,english,math,entrepreneurship,accounting,gym,world religions and graphics and multimedia! they're awesome. I'm just excited for soccer and rugby season to start in my hhighschool!

Looks a lot more interesting then when I was in grade 11. I had math, french, english, physics, chemistry, religion, gym, it was so boring to go to school. The only option was to replace, physics and chem by art, unfortunately all the retards took the art classes.

Woot i get to sit beside a hot girl and behind another hot girl. lol i like the sitting plan.

Too bad you're unattractive :P Im just kidding. For me in my world religions class, atleast 12 close friends are in it. lol . and its not in rows. its like a U shape. so all 12 are in the back of the room. its awesome lol.

Too bad you're unattractive :P Im just kidding. For me in my world religions class, atleast 12 close friends are in it. lol . and its not in rows. its like a U shape. so all 12 are in the back of the room. its awesome lol.

I basically have no one I know in any of my classes so far except for a few I met(but I don't even know their names). And I'm still trying to find my way around the school... can't wait till summer again

Let's see...in 11th grade I had...British Literature Honors, Honors Integrated Math Physics and Technology (a course for the 18 top level math and science students in the school..it spanned two periods), Advanced Placement US History, Advanced Spanish Practicum IV, Religion III, Study.

I've been out of university for over a year, but it was fun trying to think back and remember what I had in 11th grade. I didn't like 11th grade...school work/academics were fine, but I was in an awkward stage in my social and individual development.

i'm just starting grade 9. it's been great except for a few grade 12's being dickheads, but i was kinda expecting it.

for classes i got

first semester-Academic Science, Applied French, lunch, integrated tech. (wood shop, car shop, and metal shop all in one), and academic English

second semester- Academic Math, Communications tech., lunch, Religion, and Academic Geography.

PS- wow muskeg, i guess you were quite the 11th grader!

i'm just starting grade 9. it's been great except for a few grade 12's being dickheads, but i was kinda expecting it.

for classes i got

first semester-Academic Science, Applied French, lunch, integrated tech. (wood shop, car shop, and metal shop all in one), and academic English

second semester- Academic Math, Communications tech., lunch, Religion, and Academic Geography.

PS- wow muskeg, i guess you were quite the 11th grader!

They must've either a) averaged grades between math and science or seen some great mathematical potential in me because my 9th and 10th grade match scores weren't exceptional. My science marks were good, but math was pretty run of the mill. I did good once we got into calculus and physics though. Then I graduated and never took a math class after that. Haha.

How about teachers you guys?

my science teacher is good, hes a straight up no ***** guy, but he's funny, and doesn't sugarcoat anything.

french teacher is fine but she's kinda umm depressing. she just kinda trails off and doesnt say anything

int.tech is similar to science teacher, more strict

english teacher is a pushover

Let's see...in 11th grade I had...British Literature Honors, Honors Integrated Math Physics and Technology (a course for the 18 top level math and science students in the school..it spanned two periods), Advanced Placement US History, Advanced Spanish Practicum IV, Religion III, Study.

I always wondered why the rest of Canada and the US had fancy names for courses in high school... :unsure::P

I'm taking a break from teaching for awhile. So it is strange not being in the school mode for the first time in almost a decade. I used to get really stressed out and anxious around the start of August. Teachers go back about a week before students so about the last week of August. I mostly taught Math and Science classes at both junior and senior high levels.

I always wondered why the rest of Canada and the US had fancy names for courses in high school... :unsure::P

Haha. Well, the Advanced Placement (AP) courses are a nation-wide thing, so it wasn't just my school...but Honors Integrated...is something none of my friends had at their schools. Same with Spanish Practicum. For the most part the classes were standard....Algebra, Biology, US History, Geometry, etc.

Archived