The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 - Carey Price 2008-09

AK-1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely one of my favorites too. I can't wait for the season to start. The anticipation is killing me.

CAREY! CAREY! CAREY! :blush:

Still can't believe he shed 25 pounds this offseason. He is 6'3, 200 pounds, he should be alot quicker...

I hope so! One thing I thought Carey was weak with last season was when he needed to scramble. Hopefully by slimming down he can now get around quicker in goal-mouth scrambles or when he gets caught out of position!

Huge Price supporter since the second he was drafted.

I'm making the bold prediction of 43 wins this season. That's will surpass Plante and Dryden for single season wins total.

I’m 36 years old, and haven’t been this excited about a Canadiens goalie since every season Patrick Roy suited up for the Canadiens.

I hope that puts up some serious numbers this season.

On a personal note, I realy enjoy watchin him play. Simply because when he is "on his game" he "caualy" stops all the shots. He doesen't panic, he doesen't get realy agressive, he just plays great in his calmness. He's kind of the exact oposite to Ray Emery.

And him being so calm make it fun to see the others team's players frustrate and not score while Price, relaxed, just nicely denies all shots.

I wish him to be "on the dot" all season and get our team in to one of those never ending winning streaks

This is really the only position im worried about this season... He fell apart in the playoffs last season. Hopefully he learnt something form that experience and can play better for us this season

Based on the reports of his weight loss, I think he did learn something. When I watched Carey meltdown last spring I felt he looked out of shape and burned out more then his nerves getting to him.

At this stage that's unacceptable but I think he got a good idea of what it takes to be an NHL goalie and if he comes to camp in the kind of shape that's being reported I think that's a major step toward him building some consistency at this level.

Still can't believe he shed 25 pounds this offseason. He is 6'3, 200 pounds, he should be alot quicker...

Thats great news,it sounds like he got himself into good shape.

This is really the only position im worried about this season... He fell apart in the playoffs last season. Hopefully he learnt something form that experience and can play better for us this season

2 concerns this season

1) Injuries

2) Price

This is the position I've always been worried about since Roy left.

15 sep 2008, Carey Price Day in the Oliver Residence

I thought last years TTM success was great, but this one is one for the books. You see, because of my head injury I often forget about projects that are sent out, plus in all my letters I always mention that if you don't want to send these items back then you can keep them for your friends and family.

Last year I made Carey's dad Jerry, a custom McFarlane of Carey. This year I made Jerry a Custom 12-inch McFarlane of Carey. I also made an extra 11 x 14 Custom picture of Carey's wins from the 2007-08 season for Jerry to frame and auction off or keep for himself.

So here is how it all went down. The doorbell rang, and as usual Matthew (7), and Meagan (5) went running up the stairs, as it's almost always the kids from our street wanting to play.

Matthew calls me and I come to see what's going on. He says that these packages were in the doorway. As soon as I saw the return address, the Ol light bulb went off, and I said "look guys, Carey sent your stuff back". Meagan screamed and said" CAREY, WHAT DID HE SEND ME". I pulled the mini goalie stick out and Matthew grabbed that right away, he said "is this for me", and I told him that it was but you have to hang it on the wall. He was happy with that. To be honest I've never seen any mini goalie sticks of Carey's yet, so it was a nice surprise.

Then out came the baseball. That was for me. I love baseball, and thought it would be a nice collectable. I was right. And the rest is TTM history. Please see the list below for pictures of the collectables received.

2008TTMgroup.jpg

See my entire collection here.

So close to the start, I can't wait!

15 sep 2008, Carey Price Day in the Oliver Residence

I thought last years TTM success was great, but this one is one for the books. You see, because of my head injury I often forget about projects that are sent out, plus in all my letters I always mention that if you don't want to send these items back then you can keep them for your friends and family.

Last year I made Carey's dad Jerry, a custom McFarlane of Carey. This year I made Jerry a Custom 12-inch McFarlane of Carey. I also made an extra 11 x 14 Custom picture of Carey's wins from the 2007-08 season for Jerry to frame and auction off or keep for himself.

So here is how it all went down. The doorbell rang, and as usual Matthew (7), and Meagan (5) went running up the stairs, as it's almost always the kids from our street wanting to play.

Matthew calls me and I come to see what's going on. He says that these packages were in the doorway. As soon as I saw the return address, the Ol light bulb went off, and I said "look guys, Carey sent your stuff back". Meagan screamed and said" CAREY, WHAT DID HE SEND ME". I pulled the mini goalie stick out and Matthew grabbed that right away, he said "is this for me", and I told him that it was but you have to hang it on the wall. He was happy with that. To be honest I've never seen any mini goalie sticks of Carey's yet, so it was a nice surprise.

Then out came the baseball. That was for me. I love baseball, and thought it would be a nice collectable. I was right. And the rest is TTM history. Please see the list below for pictures of the collectables received.

2008TTMgroup.jpg

See my entire collection here.

So close to the start, I can't wait!

Thats amazing man! Looks sweet.

Archived