The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#41 - Jaroslav Halak 2008-09

AK-1

Folks, I'd just like to remind you that if you see objectionable content posted on the forum, please report it to the moderators instead of responding yourself, because you just create more work for us by engaging with the instigator (we have to delete not only the offending posts, but posts that quote deleted content or that are off-topic as a result of the objectionable content). Thanks.

Could not help myself!! :lol:

Folks, I'd just like to remind you that if you see objectionable content posted on the forum, please report it to the moderators instead of responding yourself, because you just create more work for us by engaging with the instigator (we have to delete not only the offending posts, but posts that quote deleted content or that are off-topic as a result of the objectionable content). Thanks.

I think we have a serious case of lazy moderators here... No no, I'm just kidding. :lol:;):P

During the national team camp, Slovakia also had an award night, handing out Golden Pucks. Zdeno Chara, Boston’s towering defenceman, was voted Slovakia’s Player of the Year. It’s just the second time in history that a defenceman won the honour.

Chara contributed to Boston’s run in the Eastern Conference as the only team to allowed less than 200 goals. With 50 points he also contributed to the offence. His performance earned him the Norris Trophy as the NHL’s Best Defenceman.

Other awards:

Best Goalkeeper: Jaroslav Halak (Montreal Canadiens)

Best Defenceman: Zdeno Chara (Boston Bruins)

Best Forward: Marian Hossa (Detroit Red Wings)

Best Rookie: Tomas Tatar (HKM Zvolen)

Best Coach: Anton Tomko (HC Kosice)

Best Women’s Player: Zuzana Tomcikova (Bemidji State University)

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/ne...Hash=eaac07df51

During the national team camp, Slovakia also had an award night, handing out Golden Pucks. Zdeno Chara, Boston’s towering defenceman, was voted Slovakia’s Player of the Year. It’s just the second time in history that a defenceman won the honour.

Chara contributed to Boston’s run in the Eastern Conference as the only team to allowed less than 200 goals. With 50 points he also contributed to the offence. His performance earned him the Norris Trophy as the NHL’s Best Defenceman.

Other awards:

Well that's pretty cool. I'm not sure how much competition there was for the award, but it's always cool to see Halak win an award alongside Chara and Hossa, and I'm never unhappy to see a Hab win an award.

Other awards:

Great to Hear Jaro won something. I hear he beat Budaj by a land slide.

Here's a little something for all you Jaro fans out there (and others too :) ) While searching for some new pics of Jaro I came across this photo:

jaroslav_halak2.jpg

Here's a link to the site where I found it.

It's certainly Jaro, it's his mask and pads for sure, but #33?

As the article deals with Colorado game (which he absolutely stole BTW, 46 saves, remember?), I reckon he probably put his old Roy jersey on for morning skate. I really love the Roy Habs jersey in Denver idea, I mean, is there a better place to do this? :)

Here's a little something for all you Jaro fans out there (and others too :) ) While searching for some new pics of Jaro I came across this photo:

jaroslav_halak2.jpg

Here's a link to the site where I found it.

It's certainly Jaro, it's his mask and pads for sure, but #33?

As the article deals with Colorado game (which he absolutely stole BTW, 46 saves, remember?), I reckon he probably put his old Roy jersey on for morning skate. I really love the Roy Habs jersey in Denver idea, I mean, is there a better place to do this? :)

i duno looks like its from a game at the bell center maybe roy's jersey retirement night?

I read it and one of the things i like about halak is he knows that his job is to be there to backup price. the whole goaltender battle is really only fan based. all the players want to do is win games.

That's what I like about him too. Doesn't complain and just plays hockey when called to.

Archived