The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#79 - Andrei Markov 2008-09

AK-1

Wondered how long before the first of 4 inches of postings this season.

I think Markov will have a great season. Just wish I knew how was going to play catch with Markov this season on the PP. Two years ago Souray was lucky enough to get some great passes from Markov. Last year Streit was the lucky player. My guess is that it will be a forward playing the point with Markov. Scary for the other goalie.

i think after the last 2 years we can see it was really markov with the magic, so its not the hugest deal whos on the other point, but it does matter. i agree it will be a fwd, my guess is sergei k, carbo was working him in there already last year. id like to see that,i think it would work. i think theres still a chance we make a pitch at schneider, which i think would work out even better

CRB do you have our dark knights cape ironed? changed the oil in the batmobile? got his new gadgets working properly? im on to you, i know you are responsible for markovs success behind the scenes, your the female alfred :P

i think after the last 2 years we can see it was really markov with the magic, so its not the hugest deal whos on the other point, but it does matter. i agree it will be a fwd, my guess is sergei k, carbo was working him in there already last year. id like to see that,i think it would work. i think theres still a chance we make a pitch at schneider, which i think would work out even better

CRB do you have our dark knights cape ironed? changed the oil in the batmobile? got his new gadgets working properly? im on to you, i know you are responsible for markovs success behind the scenes, your the female alfred :P

:lol: it's true! we're relying on you crb for markov to replicate a strong season. the only improvement i can think of is in the +/- department but if we're winning i won't mind either way. ;)

a lot of the habs' success relies on his play. here's hoping for a fantastic season!

let it start already!

Andrei Markov: Cap Hit: 5,750,000$.

Mike Green, Zdeno Chara and Dion Phaneuf were the only defensemen to score more goals than Andrei Markov last year. Recognized as one of the best defensemen in hockey, and one of the best players in the NHL, Markov has what it takes to play his best season to date. After what could only be considered a very disappointing playoff performance, the onus is on Markov to be the club’s true number 1 defenseman. That means playing in more than 70 games, shutting down the league’s best, and leading the group of six in points.

A great year for Andrei Markov would be: 15 goals, 50 assists, a + rating, over 70 games, and a starting All-Star position. With Streit gone, there’s more pressure this year for Markov to perform on the powerplay, so improving on his 58 points from last year should be expected. Anything under 70 games played will hurt Markov, and the Montreal Canadiens who haven’t done well without him in the last few years. Less than 10 goals, 30 assists, a failure to crack the All-Star lineup, and a – rating would be completely disappointing in Markov’s case.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id...p;blogger_id=82

Regarding the PP: I'd say Markov/Kovalev combined magic. I too think it's going to be a forward on the point.

The Dark Knight's equipment is all in order, ready for action!!! has Alfred ever been caught no being ready for anything? methinks not! ;) (and now some people at work are looking at me funny wondering what I'm laughing at :lol: ). Euh... now the only things missing are the Dark Knight himself and the action :P

A few 'supervision' sessions including photos for the bat-files are already confirmed: oct 15 home opening, nov 1 @ islanders, dec 20 vs sabres (birthday special lol), dec 29 @ panthers, dec 30 @ lightning and apr 9 @ beantown (YAY me!) hopefully more to come at the bell centre.

So Markie, you better be ready ;)

Hopefully the Canadiens will get Markov pre All-Star game rather than playoffs Markov...

I'm not worried about Markov during the regular season, especially early on. He'll be rested, healthy, and motivated to put his disappointing 07-08 playoffs behind him. However, part of ensuring that Markov performs in the playoffs will rest on the rest of our D corps. If they can step up, hopefully he won't wear down over 82 games.

I'm not worried about Markov during the regular season, especially early on. He'll be rested, healthy, and motivated to put his disappointing 07-08 playoffs behind him. However, part of ensuring that Markov performs in the playoffs will rest on the rest of our D corps. If they can step up, hopefully he won't wear down over 82 games.

Same goes for Komisarek. Although Markov isn't as phyiscal as Komi, he shoulders a huge load night and night out, expected to quarterback the offence from his own end through the neutral zone as well as drawing tough defensive assignments against teams' top lines.

ahhh, how sweet it is to have markov back on the pp...scoring in the shootout isn't bad either. :D

wish i'd seen it <_<

look it up in la zone vidéo on rds.ca ;)

"I was thinking slapshot," Markov said through a grin. "But that's tough, on a breakaway. So I had the move and did that. Every time, it's different. You have to have at least a couple of moves."

And it was a nifty one Markov laid on Detroit goalie James Howard, the same shift he used to beat Pittsburgh in a shootout last season, to send the Canadiens home happy. The Gazette

Archived