The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anaheim Ducks 08-09

Johnny_rudeboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow terrible start for the ducks... I was sure they were going to come out swinging, specially after their last win. I've had a eye on them since they won the cup, pretty much with a Canadian team, I think a lot of them were even from Quebec.

Everyone was rooting for Ottawa, but to me, the Ducks were the real Canadian team.

Their top 5 have to do something if they want to have a chance this year. Look at the team they have, Getzlaf, Selanne, Morrison, Niedermayer, Pronger... Why isn't this team producing?

They should win their next game, it's against the leafs.

Wow terrible start for the ducks... I was sure they were going to come out swinging, specially after their last win. I've had a eye on them since they won the cup, pretty much with a Canadian team, I think a lot of them were even from Quebec.

Everyone was rooting for Ottawa, but to me, the Ducks were the real Canadian team.

Their top 5 have to do something if they want to have a chance this year. Look at the team they have, Getzlaf, Selanne, Morrison, Niedermayer, Pronger... Why isn't this team producing?

They should win their next game, it's against the leafs.

"Should" but nothing is going as it should for them this season. Looks like they are set to self-destruct. Going into OT with the Leafs, tied at 2-2 right now. Ducks managed to rack up a measely 4 shots in the 2nd period, and "nodda" in the 3rd, where they were outshot 23-0 :blink: I dunno, but if I am in Duck management, I'm going nuts on the team on that showing. We'll see if the Ducks show up like this on Saturday, after Habs have been resting for 5 days. ;) Anaheim has to play in Ottawa the night before; hopefully, the Hab players are properly salivating come Saturday.

Starting to see why they dropped the "Mighty" in the team name! :D

Veteran defenseman Bret Hedican signs with Ducks

capt.af8b8e5263c24cbfaec59b06f407d5de.ducks_hedican_hockey_ny163.jpg

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Veteran defenseman Bret Hedican has signed a one-year contract with the Anaheim Ducks.

“Bret is a mobile defenseman coming off a strong season with Carolina last year,” general manager Brian Burke said in a statement Thursday. “He’s a proven winner and class act, and we’re pleased to add him to our roster.”

The 38-year-old Hedican had two goals and 15 assists in 66 games with the Hurricanes last season, his sixth with the team. He began his NHL career with St. Louis in 1991 and has also played for Vancouver and Florida, scoring 54 goals to go with 234 assists in 988 career games.

Hedican appeared in all 25 playoff games for Carolina in 2006, when the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. He also reached the Stanley Cup finals with Vancouver in 1994.

Click link to view article.

Signing some veteran leadership here. He has won a cup and knows how to win. Decent signing, but it looks like all he'll provide is wisdom...it doesn't look like he has much left in the tank now.

• 4 weeks later...

Anaheim Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin underwent surgery Thursday to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

He is expected to be sidelined about six months. Beauchemin was injured during a 4-3 overtime loss to Nashville on Nov. 14. He will be placed on long-term injured reserve.

Beauchemin had four goals and one assist in 18 games this season and was tied for the second-most playing time on the team.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=393469

This loss is going to hurt Anaheim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ryan has been sick since they cleared the cap room, I don't think hes 2nd pick material, but still a great talent.

Named the NHL rookie of the month for January, stepped it up when Selanne was injured, scoring almost a pt/game (17 goals, 17 assists in 35 games) this season, leads the team in plus minus, is 2nd in goals scored with 17(only 1 behind Getzlaf who has 18), and 4th in team scoring (playing 15-20 less games than the players ahead of him).

Ducks acquire Brown for McIver

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=407799

Ducks Acquire Brookbank in Trade

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=407662

The rebuild begins. :lol:

• 5 months later...

Archived