The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2008-09 Habs Rookie Camp + Training Camp

CanadianMike

I am so disappointed that I won't be able to attend any rookie camp practices this season. All the Bell Centre days are during the week (bloody work), and the rest are taking place where...? Candiac, or something? Ridiculous! :angry::lol:

do we even know if the rookie camp is open to the public? I know last season one of the practices was.

That is the only thing I hate about this team...information is so slow when it comes to stuff like this. Seems like most of the other teams have announced their rosters, time and places for rookie camp and training camp etc...

Not that it makes a difference to me...I will be at work.

do we even know if the rookie camp is open to the public? I know last season one of the practices was.

That is the only thing I hate about this team...information is so slow when it comes to stuff like this. Seems like most of the other teams have announced their rosters, time and places for rookie camp and training camp etc...

Not that it makes a difference to me...I will be at work.

I am pretty sure last season that all of the Centre Bell practices were open to the public. I went down one Saturday morning and watched the players do stick-handling and positional drills. There were also some drills involving Muller trying to score on the goaltenders. It was good fun. Perhaps this year they aren't open to the public... I'm not sure.

At the bottom of the page :P

"Canadiens’ Main Training Camp

The Canadiens’ main training camp will debut on Friday, September 19 as players report for medicals and physical exams at the Bell Centre. The training camp will run until Wednesday, October 8, and will include practice sessions open to the public at the Sportplexe 4-Glaces in Pierrefonds (Sept. 20-21) and a stay in Mont-Tremblant on October 2-3."

nobody on the list is any good.

you can just FEEL the optimism of youth.

aint it great to be a habs fan? ;):lol:

im going to keep an eye out for how close some of these guys can get to there pro club mates. it would be interesting to find another diamond in the rough, or some good players who want to give it there all in the big league.

Im not being negative but with the dept the habs got, they can only hope we sign them to a 2 way contract and be in hamilton.

CARLE, Mathieu

DESJARDINS, Cédrick

KRISTO, Danny

MISSIAEN, Jason

PACIORETTY, Max

SUBBAN, P.K

VALENTENKO, Pavel

This are the only players on the list with NHL potential.

Try outs 99% of them fail

Transaction/AHL contract 90% of them fail

Free agents Wild cards 85% will fail

Drafted by habs With Timmins they got the best chance of making it.

I'm hoping to catch at least one or both of the preseason games at the Mileone Centre in St.John's Newfoundland they will be playing the Toronto Marlies and the Manitoba Moose should have a good idea who will be playing in Hamilton by then since both games are at the end of training camp one game is at the end of September the ther is the first week of October.

I really think we have great depth in this organization with several young talents possibly able to make the NHL someday. Players I am interested in attending the rookie camp are:

Mathieu Carle

Cedrick Desjardins

Danny Kristo

Olivier Latendresse

Benjamin Maxwell

Max Pacioretty :)

P.K. Subban

Pavel Valentenko

Yannick Weber

Ryan White

Archived