The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Acquire Robert Lang

19sakic1

Then who could fill in for Koivu if (when) he goes down with an injury?

A prospect.

What a good trade!! Only a 2nd round pick :o XD So it means that Lang will play on the 3rd line with Tender and SK or Higgins or do you think he'll play as a our 2nd center?

I'll put Latendresse in the Pressbox. thats one good thing about lang. 1 spot for Latendresse not to play in.

A Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev

Tanguay - Lang - Latendresse

Higgins - Koivu - S Kost

Bégin - Lapierre/Chipchura - Laraque/Kostopoulos

maybe something like that? either way, this team scores a lot of goals.

What a good trade!! Only a 2nd round pick :o XD So it means that Lang will play on the 3rd line with Tender and SK or Higgins or do you think he'll play as a our 2nd center?

it's gonna be hard to distinguish between 2nd and 3rd lines. it's gonna be 2a and 2b just like our two number 1 lines last year

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

This gives us some great depth down the middle and will allow us to ice 3 offensive lines. Exactly the type of guy I wanted to see us bring in to be the #3 center.

If we could just get 1 more top four dman I'd be completely satisfied with this team.

A prospect.

I'll put Latendresse in the Pressbox. thats one good thing about lang. 1 spot for Latendresse not to play in.

Lang won't cost Latendresse his spot, no matter how hard you hate the guy. Latendresse is a winger and Lang a centre. Please, stop this non-sensical injustified thread invading player bashing.

I'm sorry of being rude, but I'm still evaluating the recent trade and I don't need irrelevant negative imput.

No hard feeling.

He's better than Smolinski

He did get 54 pts last year, on the Hawks , where he was either the # 1 or # 2 centre

which would have put him 6th on the Habs

Will be interseting to see what the line up is what with

Plekanec

Koivu

Lang

Chipchura

Lapierre

all centres . I'd say Chipchura becomes the odd man out , but where does # 11 go , from being the # 1 or # 2 guy to # 3 ??

I think he'll probably plantoon Chipchura and Lapierre at first. Although all 5 being healthy at once probably won't come up all that much anyways.

We've made no improvement with this addition.

He's better than Smolinski

He did get 54 pts last year, on the Hawks , where he was either the # 1 or # 2 centre

which would have put him 6th on the Habs

Will be interseting to see what the line up is what with

Plekanec

Koivu

Lang

Chipchura

Lapierre

all centres . I'd say Chipchura becomes the odd man out , but where does # 11 go , from being the # 1 or # 2 guy to # 3 ??

bonus' count towards the cap hit, so technically he's signed for 1.5 million.

Only if the bonus is met and we don't know exactly what his bonus is

I dunno about this one.. Langs numbers have been droping I don't know if he gets 20 goals or 50 points this year. Its better then nothing but DAMN you Mats It should have been you..

I guess time will tell on this.

He Mats sighn for 2 mil! lol

So who is the 2nd centre and who is the 3rd? I have Pleks as #1 ofcorse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lang_(ice_hockey)

$ 4 / yr

We have him for one year ( at least )

Lang became an unrestricted free agent on July 1, 2007 and the next day signed a 2 year deal with the Chicago Blackhawks.

He was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for a 2nd round pick in 2010 on September 12th, 2008

Its better then nothing ...........

yup :P

Archived