The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#20 Robert Lang 2008-2009

sens27

Thats OK as I said. It seems that he will start at center. That doesn't mean that Pleks - Lang - Kovalev wouldn't be a good line though.

Whether it's a good line or not, it wouldn't make sense to even consider a line like that. If you listen to Kovy's interview on RDS, he more or less said that he's rather play with his same line as last year given the chemistry and success that they've had.

hmmm you made a slight mistake in your first post and onzeee just pointed the mistake out, nothing wrong with admitting we are wrong every once in a while :)

That's like if someone buys a kid an icecream cone from baskin&robins and he yells "Thanks for buying me dairy queen!!" - are you going to be all serious about it and correct him by saying that the venue he's quoting is incorrect? Sorry for the off topic. But like I said the accent was on the happiness for the production and not for whether we got those players from FA, trades or sold our souls to the devil for them. ;)

Good game. Not much supporting cast tonight compared to an Ottawa team only missing 3 roster players while Montreal only had a few roster players. Ice time was higher then I thought. I didn't think he looked slow. Only guess some fans overstated the lack of speed.

Certainly could be used on the #1 or #2 line. But odds are that Lang is insurance policy (depth) and a solid 3rd line player (two-way). Probably play center. But I would still lean towards putting him on the wing so Chips can learn from Lang plus the ability for Lang to take key face-offs if required.

I'm still unimpressed by his game play.
First full game I've seen him play with the Habs, last night. I don't think it was the #20 on his back, but my prevailing impression was "Brian Smolinski Part Deux" (niftier standing still with the puck, but that was about it). Lang's a lot closer to Smolinski, than Sundin, at any rate.

Bring me back Grabovski ... at least he could keep up with his linemates.

im not disappointed YET he looks better than slo mo imo and if he can score in the shootout like that it might help us get some points! i think people just got to excited over his past success with kovy. he will play on the 3rd line and get his points here and there and win some faceoffs.

Anyone who's expecting to have three offensive lines are only setting themselves up to be disappointed. Other than winning a few faceoffs and the shootout goal, he hasn't really done anything remotely impressive. He can't skate and he doesn't use his body at all so this whole thing about having size down the middle is meaningless. He's basically Smolinski with hair.

Anyone who's expecting to have three offensive lines are only setting themselves up to be disappointed. Other than winning a few faceoffs and the shootout goal, he hasn't really done anything remotely impressive. He can't skate and he doesn't use his body at all so this whole thing about having size down the middle is meaningless. He's basically Smolinski with hair.

Disagree. I remember at least one time when he came back quickly on the back check and stopped a Red Wing rush. Lang is not slow. Basically ***** that people say Lang is slow without any facts. Really nice goal on shoot out. Is he young and speedy like Pleks? No. But a few years ago Pleks was the fastest player in the AHL All Star competition so it is hard for a speed comparison to be fair.

Plus he is likely the third line center not one of the top offensive centers. Big a strong on the puck is how I see Lang style of game. More like Bonk but with more scoring ability.

Archived